Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many people are still participating?

Players
Readers
Lurkers
Trolls

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: ☼Choose your own adventure☼ Human Trade center  (Read 13892 times)

bluescreen1988

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Choose your own adventure☼ Human Trade center
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2014, 08:58:14 pm »

Have Blue and Snu Snu team up to fight some cavern monsters.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2014, 06:54:32 pm »

Ok, moving this year along is taking forever. It's also been a very busy week for me personally so I apologize for the brief inactivity. I believe all requests have been met now. (Except the Bluescreen/Snu-Snu gladiatorial combat. Working on that.) Character sheets have been updated.

The following have been subtracted from your accounts:
Meph- 6000 for an exceptional orichalum longsword
Beirus- 300 for the silver required to make your masterwork moonsilver knuckledusters (since you blessed it and your minion made it)
Imeka- 2500 for runes on Garret's steel breastplate
Bluescreen- 3000 for runes on Bluescreen's and Snu-Snu's armor
Shadow- no expenses requested

You'll also notice a few other upgrades. Duke Innu has decided to begin upgrading the armor for all city soldiers to Steel as default. Armor is in process of being made and Hero armors are in process of being upgraded for free. If you want specialty armor you will need to request it. With all the manufacture I am running out of good metals but will work on acquiring more.

The library has also been busy, with William and Garret having received general instruction there. Additional library options for minions should be available soon as I work to bring more libraries up.

Also, Shadow, for your info, masterwork green glass items fetch 240 db each, regardless of item. Clear glass masterwork items fetch 600 db each. I have you making goblets since each job actually makes 3. So with that I believe you're maximizing your profit potential short of crystal glass (we don't have rock crystal). Maria is now a legendary priestess and legendary athlete. I didn't update her sheet since nothing else changed.

Imeka, you have begun making gem furniture that is very very nice. We have some *rose quartz beds* that fetch 400 on the market. Unfortunately they're pink, so, you know, limited market and all. We have some other gem types I'll experiment with.

Meph, your spore wood and fungiwood beds and cabinetry are the envy of citizens all over town. Since only about two thirds have rooms. We keep getting migrants and I'm working on expanding housing still. Your hero is becoming proficient at archaeology.

Beirus, your minion is a legendary weaponsmith. Your hero, a work in progress, but he got his first kill! And a nice one at that.

Bluescreen, your pair is of course a crucial aspect of fortress defense. As military commander you were first to receive the steel upgrade.

Pay for the first six months has been added. And a new poll!

I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Shadow Of Fate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 21, 2014, 10:23:38 pm »

The following have been subtracted from your accounts:
Meph- 6000 for an exceptional orichalum longsword
Beirus- 300 for the silver required to make your masterwork moonsilver knuckledusters (since you blessed it and your minion made it)
Imeka- 2500 for runes on Garret's steel breastplate
Bluescreen- 3000 for runes on Bluescreen's and Snu-Snu's armor
Shadow- no expenses requested

Yes! Cheap like a bawss!!!!!! That's how it's done. 8)

Also, Shadow, for your info, masterwork green glass items fetch 240 db each, regardless of item. Clear glass masterwork items fetch 600 db each. I have you making goblets since each job actually makes 3. So with that I believe you're maximizing your profit potential short of crystal glass (we don't have rock crystal). Maria is now a legendary priestess and legendary athlete. I didn't update her sheet since nothing else changed.

That will do fine. Crystal glass is hard to consistently make anyway. I have been busy myself lately, so it's good to know that my profits have expanded where I wanted. Speaking of profits...

Shadow of Fate:

Account balance:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wow. Now that's what I call maximizing my profit. I'm way ahead in the gold lead, partly because I didn't spend. But even without that, I always had the most and generally made the most. My profession is working out swell. And it looks like my hero choice was perfect as well. I officially declare myself most economically savvy and brilliantly cheap.

The only question is now I don't see how to improve it. I might have leveled out...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2014, 02:09:22 pm »

Meph, your spore wood and fungiwood beds and cabinetry are the envy of citizens all over town. Since only about two thirds have rooms. We keep getting migrants and I'm working on expanding housing still. Your hero is becoming proficient at archaeology.
Lol, of course people are envious of my comfy bed, if a third of the people dont even have any beds... cant you make some in the stonecutter?

Any combat lately? I volunteer my hero (with the orichalcum sword) for frontline duty. Or cavern exploration.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2014, 05:55:46 pm »

It's not a matter of making beds, it's a matter of having rooms enough to put them in. Nobody is sleeping on the ground and I have about 140 rooms now, but the population continues to climb.

Despite my disallowing immigration.

I'm not sure that aspect works as intended.

Shadow, there is no technical ceiling. To reflect that I have added the following clarification to the opening post: If players save up enough for additional heroes they may be purchased but are considered non-city heroes and must be outfitted at the cost of the player.

(That means they do not earn additional stipend but are available for combat pay, kill bonuses and the like. They are not minions and will not participate in non-combat professions. City services such as libraries and weight bench are still free.)

On the topic of combat opportunities, we have been ambushed. One of our hunters uncovered a goblin ambush from the north consisting of 15 Macegoblins led by a pikegoblin. The game is saved awaiting responses. This is a first come, first served opportunity. If you want to solo the ambush then simply say so, if you would like to wait for additional assistance then please volunteer but say you'll wait for others to help as well.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 05:57:57 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2014, 06:52:03 pm »

Solo William. DIBS!
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Shadow Of Fate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2014, 08:20:47 pm »

Shadow, there is no technical ceiling. To reflect that I have added the following clarification to the opening post: If players save up enough for additional heroes they may be purchased but are considered non-city heroes and must be outfitted at the cost of the player.

(That means they do not earn additional stipend but are available for combat pay, kill bonuses and the like. They are not minions and will not participate in non-combat professions. City services such as libraries and weight bench are still free.)

Yeah, but that involves money. A lot of money. I managed to get it so my free hero is non combat so I don't have to outfit her, and earns a decent check. But I don't know as I could duplicate that, even if I purchased the same hero for an extra. She wouldn't be the chief medical person because my first one already is. My minion is the main breadwinner anyway.

Hmm... Wait. Thinking. Brainstorming...

What about the conjurer? Could I get money for her summons somehow? Maybe if I made her an animal tamer/butcher or something? Or maybe bonecarving? Huh...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 08:47:34 pm by Shadow Of Fate »

Shadow Of Fate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2014, 08:45:57 pm »

Oops. Disregard double post. Thought I was modifying, not quoting.  :-[

bluescreen1988

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2014, 09:26:24 pm »

So did Snu-Snu earn any money for Automaton kills?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2014, 02:51:47 am »

Despite my disallowing immigration.
Are you sure that you didnt disallow EMIGRATION ? Which is literally the opposite.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 02, 2014, 01:13:03 pm »

((Apologies again for delay in posting. I have awarded everyone an additional 5000 gold as a reward for my laxity. Shadow, summons from conjurer would have minimal impact and heroes do no perform menial labors like bonecarving. We have tons of food, bones, scales and shells from fishing and hunting. There is a huge surplus, so any income from slaughter of summons would be negligible. Unfortunately I can't really find a great use for summons. They are not equipable, not trainable, not assignable. They pretty much do whatever they darn well want to and don't breed.

Snu-Snu did receive bonus for automaton kills.

Beirus, I tried. I really did. But William insisted on drinking, and then sleeping while the goblins approached the main gate, triggered some traps and then got in a fight with the guards before being driven off.

We lost a pair of hunters and a guard or two I think. I'm just glad the goblin leader didn't join in. He was riding a rutherer, which if you guys didn't know is basically a huge subterranean warbeast with blueish fur. Does nasty damage through armor because it weighs 3000 lbs.

Meph, I'm working on caverns. Haven't gotten there yet. I'll have to look at immigration/emigration. We have 250 people in the city now. I've never run a place that big before. I like to cap at 80-100 normally, for fps reasons.))

The large beast approached the city from the river. Nobody know why it came, only that it hunted in the dark. Perhaps it was one of the reasons that humans feared the night. The creatures black scales blended perfectly in with the darkness of night and only a bluish glow from it's eyes made it readily visible.

It slunk past the traps, avoiding all of them and into the city proper while the caravans were away. A human saw the creature and called out, but it promptly sprang on the poor fellow and began beating him. The call was sufficient to attract one of the nearby heroes, on his way back to his room from his evening prayers.

William sprang towards the beast without hesitation but he was too late to save the peasant. He attacked it from behind. It was obviously hostile and his blessed knuckledusters glinted in the moonlight, blessed by his goddess. He struck swiftly, hitting the beast in the hand and fracturing it, causing it to drop it's prize. There was a dull thump as the dismembered head of the human peasant rolled out of the creature's grip and a cry of pain from the beast itself.

It turned on him and they exchanged blows, but none were decisive. William was nimble and managed to avoid most of them, the beast was tough and shrugged off his strikes.

The Werechameleon sprang at him and surprised him by the sudden rush and he was knocked over onto the ground. They continued to fight from the ground and as the creature sprang at him William snapped his leg up, striking it under the chin and snapping it's head back, knocking it backwards and to the ground. He sprang up to follow up but the creature was immobile and unmoving. It quickly regained it's human form, the beast melting back into the shape of a large humanoid. A hermit.

Williams fight earned him considerable acclaim. He had defeated a werecreature, on his own and without assistance. It was no small feat, but life in the city quickly moved on. Goblins attacked and were driven away.

There was considerable unhappiness when the Duke had the well torn down. Some even had begun throwing tantrums, but the new well was already in process of being constructed and was, from what everyone could see, vastly superior. The Duke's consort herself had crafted the legendary mechanism now used for the well, and it was a sight to behold, practically glowing every sunrise and sunset in the fading light.

Life continued and the city was bustling, much of the time at least.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 01:15:14 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 02, 2014, 01:34:51 pm »

The mechanism has an engraving of itself on it.

Also, I thought moonsilver was supposed to be much more deadly to evil creatures. Do werecreatures not count as evil? And William bit it. I find that funny.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 02, 2014, 01:49:23 pm »

Yup, gotta love recursive artifacts.

Meph might know if werecreatures count as evil, but I doubt it. I'm pretty sure it is only extra effective against the evil races: Goblins, Warlocks, Succubi, Automatons.

Yeah, the fight was interesting. I'm afraid William does fine against single foes, but he takes forever. Against groups he is less effective. Hand-to-hand just doesn't dish out enough damage.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #118 on: October 02, 2014, 02:39:58 pm »

Meph might know if werecreatures count as evil, but I doubt it. I'm pretty sure it is only extra effective against the evil races: Goblins, Warlocks, Succubi, Automatons.
Might know? :P

They dont. Its not the EVIL tag, its a special material force multiplier that I added to all evil creatures. The werebeasts that are procedually generated are evil, but dont have special force multiplier. The fear-the-night werebeasts DO have them, so you get some werebeasts that it works against, and some that it doesnt work against.

Keeps things interesting, like the vampires that might or might not also drink alcohol. :P

Shadow Of Fate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 02, 2014, 03:42:35 pm »

((Apologies again for delay in posting. I have awarded everyone an additional 5000 gold as a reward for my laxity. Shadow, summons from conjurer would have minimal impact and heroes do no perform menial labors like bonecarving. We have tons of food, bones, scales and shells from fishing and hunting. There is a huge surplus, so any income from slaughter of summons would be negligible. Unfortunately I can't really find a great use for summons. They are not equipable, not trainable, not assignable. They pretty much do whatever they darn well want to and don't breed.

Well, my cleric is chief medical. I don't know what you consider "menial" or not, but I do believe I could order my heroes to do more or less whatever I want? Of course, I have to decide if it is practical. The reason I thought bonecarving might be interesting was that helped Shadow get gold early on. But if there is already huge surpluses in those materials from animals, and the summons are otherwise useless, then it might be a bad idea. Unless (and this is unlikely but bear with me) leatherworking might be decent? I know it's a stretch, but you only specifically mentioned, scales, food, and shells.

And since that is also probably a no, that leads me back to the same question. How do I make more money? My minion and hero both appear to be maxed out in non-combat related profit.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13