Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many people are still participating?

Players
Readers
Lurkers
Trolls

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: ☼Choose your own adventure☼ Human Trade center  (Read 13873 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Choose your own adventure☼ Human Trade center
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2014, 01:35:43 pm »

Thank you, feather bins and steeloak arrows should be fine additions to the town.

black sand
The sand on the map is black, because its an evil region. Its not actually black, its normal yellow sand.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2014, 05:17:00 pm »

The year is progressing well! Of course, I haven't been attacked at all. Just thieves.

I'm sorry to report that more children have been taken. Meph, one of your daughters was stolen. All we could find was one of her *ahem* feet, by the south wall. What she was doing playing outside the wall is anyone's guess. Incidentally, your niece I believe is captain of the guard. She just had triplets! :o

I may keep her out of combat for a bit.

Not that we've had any. I have built the weight bench and Bluescreen you are now trained up, melee guild and squire.
The city maintains the captain of the guard and squad and she is trained as well, and her squad is starting training also.

The following guilds are maxed out: Mason, Merchant, Engineer, Jeweler (glass and gems), Farmer (for war animals), Cooks (For megabeast slaughter since our giant died in the cage somehow), and working on Tanner and carpenter.

So, things are established. I have begun collecting contracts from merchants (We now have elf and human contracts).

And soo.... in order to establish a proper defense for the city I am now opening it up for your heroes. Sure, I know I said you'd have to pay to bring them here. Um, wow, they are expensive. So, everyone gets a free hero and full set of copper gear if your hero does not come with any. (Please state hero type and weapon choice and I will get working on it.) Keep in mind that there is only one squad of city defenders and you.

We do have a fully functional hospital. Bluescreen has kindly tested it out for you since he was knifed in the arm by an orc thief.
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2014, 05:24:21 pm »

Copper gear = Really bad. Most heros come with better. I would like to request... a conjurer. The mephits they spawn are bound to cause nothing but trouble, which is fun. (I actually just want to know if the mephits use their interactions, because I think they dont, and I have to add an extra set of interactions for this) Otherwise a monk would be nice, because of his legendary skills, no armor needed.

I voted for University and libraries for educational purposes, because that is one of the features that I did not manage to show in the tutorial fort. ;)

And could you please post some screenshots of the fort? I would really like to know how your guildhalls are set up. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Shadow Of Fate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2014, 06:23:35 pm »

The North-east quadrant has been devoted to the guildhalls. The Masons guild is fully established, much to the joy of my dear wife. She, herself, has studied archaeology for a number of years and has a significant interest in this area. It was, after all, at her insistence that we settle here. Something about potential ruins buried underground by a cataclysmic storm before recorded history.

The Engineers guild is fully established, and the Merchant guild nearly so. At the request of both Shadow and Imeka, for different reasons, I have prioritized the Jewlers guild and it too is nearly fully established so that they can do both glassworks and gemworks. Shadow requested permission to found our glassworks industry, and, of course, I granted her permission. The first few items were green glass boxes and pots. Not particularly stunning, but she has been away from the trade for some time. I have re-allocated some of our youngsters to the bone and shell carving trades to compensate for her absence. It will be some time before they are up to her par, but everyone has to start somewhere. I have also requested materials for clear glass from the caravans.

I see. Good to here that the guilds are coming along so nicely. I'm also glad to see I've finally started glass making. It's also good that there will be others to replace my bone carving skills so I can focus more on glassworks.

((Shadow, there was no portion of the Wastes that were included in our embark. Initial poll requested good, not evil biome, so it was excluded. That and it was too far from the estuary region of both river and ocean. With all the water features I didn't want a large embark area to prevent FPS death. I will see if I can import black sand from the caravans. I've had trade liasons from the humans, dwarves and this year, the gnomes.

I didn't think so, but it was worth checking just in case. My wishful thinking aside, I understand completely why you didn't include it. It looks like importing sand of different types will be the only way to do it. We think it's black sand so... But wait, what's this Meph?

black sand
The sand on the map is black, because its an evil region. Its not actually black, its normal yellow sand.

Yeah. I didn't think of that. In my single mindedness, I just assumed it was black because of the color. But even so, isn't the sand we have in our embark region white? That's different from yellow sand. Also, how did you know it was yellow? That might change the type of sand we import.

I'm sorry to report that more children have been taken. Meph, one of your daughters was stolen. All we could find was one of her *ahem* feet, by the south wall. What she was doing playing outside the wall is anyone's guess. Incidentally, your niece I believe is captain of the guard. She just had triplets! :o

Oh gods. Are my children safe?

The following guilds are maxed out: Mason, Merchant, Engineer, Jeweler (glass and gems), Farmer (for war animals), Cooks (For megabeast slaughter since our giant died in the cage somehow), and working on Tanner and carpenter.

What? So no giant vs. siege clash? Darn...

On another note, it's good to see the guilds are coming along even further. I'm glad the farmer's guild is there for Mos Jestrituco, who I believe is already a member. And having a bunch of war animals running around might help with the thief problem. Now the main thing missing (at least in my opinion) is a fishing guild, which I obviously voted for. IMO, it would be a waste not to eventually have one with all this with all the fishing opportunities we have. I think we are at the point of the game now where it's a good time to build it.

And soo.... in order to establish a proper defense for the city I am now opening it up for your heroes. Sure, I know I said you'd have to pay to bring them here. Um, wow, they are expensive. So, everyone gets a free hero and full set of copper gear if your hero does not come with any. (Please state hero type and weapon choice and I will get working on it.) Keep in mind that there is only one squad of city defenders and you.

Information on the individual heroes available might be nice to help decide, but conditionally, I'm leaning towards Barbarian for the combat trance and dodge skill. I would likely change my mind depending on what gear they come with, what spells the mage has, etc.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2014, 06:30:52 pm »

Warrior
The warrior has 5 points in shield, armor and sword skill and 10 in melee combat. He has above average strength and endurance and spawns with a full set of silk clothing, steel armor, a steel shield and long sword.

Ranger
The ranger has 10 points in ranged combat and hunting, and 5 points in bow usage. He has above average agility, and spawns with a full set of silk clothing, hardened leather armor, quiver, 25 steel bolts and a steel recurve bow.

Barbarian
The barbarian has 10 points in axe combat and dodging, has above average strength and endurance, can enter combat trances, feels no fear. She spawns with a steel greataxe and hardened leather armor, pants and boots.

Bard
The bard has legendary 15 skill points in playing music. Who would have thought. Its an unused social skill, its more flavor than anything else. He spawns with a full set of silk clothing, and gives everyone around him +15% strength and +15% endurance, as well as no fear and likes fighting.

Monk
The monk has legendary 15 skill points in striking, kicking and dodging, as well as 10 in praying. He is sterile and never fathers kids, and spawns with a silk robe, pants and shoes. He has above average focus and spatial sense.

Cleric
The cleric has 3 points in all medical skills as well as hammer combat. She give everyone around her a 100%+ bonus to recuperation, which means that units heal wounds twice as fast. Thats not important in combat, but a hospital run by her will be twice as effective. She spawns with silk robes, pants and shoes, but no weapon.

Mage
The mage has legendary 15 skill points in magic weapon usage and spawns with a steel mage staff, silk robes, pants and shoes. She can use two spells, hailstorm and waterbolt, both projectile attacks with range 20. No friendly fire, very safe to use.

Conjurer
The conjurer has no special skill points and spawns only with a silk robe, pants and shoes. She does randomly spawn mephits, small scaly elemental demons, around her; on average 5 a year. These come in 4 types, fire, ice, acid and air, and can be farmed for scales and meat, or used as guard animals.

Sand: Technically its not even yellow sand, its just "sand". The ingame color is yellow. and I know that, because the mod only has one type of sand in the raws, called "sand". ;) (if you disable SimpleSoils, you get all vanilla soils and sands back. I even play with the idea of adding black sand back into the mod by default, because it looks nice.)

Shadow Of Fate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2014, 06:36:04 pm »

Warrior
The warrior has 5 points in shield, armor and sword skill and 10 in melee combat. He has above average strength and endurance and spawns with a full set of silk clothing, steel armor, a steel shield and long sword.

Ranger
The ranger has 10 points in ranged combat and hunting, and 5 points in bow usage. He has above average agility, and spawns with a full set of silk clothing, hardened leather armor, quiver, 25 steel bolts and a steel recurve bow.

Barbarian
The barbarian has 10 points in axe combat and dodging, has above average strength and endurance, can enter combat trances, feels no fear. She spawns with a steel greataxe and hardened leather armor, pants and boots.

Bard
The bard has legendary 15 skill points in playing music. Who would have thought. Its an unused social skill, its more flavor than anything else. He spawns with a full set of silk clothing, and gives everyone around him +15% strength and +15% endurance, as well as no fear and likes fighting.

Monk
The monk has legendary 15 skill points in striking, kicking and dodging, as well as 10 in praying. He is sterile and never fathers kids, and spawns with a silk robe, pants and shoes. He has above average focus and spatial sense.

Cleric
The cleric has 3 points in all medical skills as well as hammer combat. She give everyone around her a 100%+ bonus to recuperation, which means that units heal wounds twice as fast. Thats not important in combat, but a hospital run by her will be twice as effective. She spawns with silk robes, pants and shoes, but no weapon.

Mage
The mage has legendary 15 skill points in magic weapon usage and spawns with a steel mage staff, silk robes, pants and shoes. She can use two spells, hailstorm and waterbolt, both projectile attacks with range 20. No friendly fire, very safe to use.

Conjurer
The conjurer has no special skill points and spawns only with a silk robe, pants and shoes. She does randomly spawn mephits, small scaly elemental demons, around her; on average 5 a year. These come in 4 types, fire, ice, acid and air, and can be farmed for scales and meat, or used as guard animals.

This was exactly the same info. as in your human trial fortress. Does this mean they are always exactly the same? Does the warrior always come with steel armor? And are they always a specific gender?

Sand: Technically its not even yellow sand, its just "sand". The ingame color is yellow. and I know that, because the mod only has one type of sand in the raws, called "sand". ;) (if you disable SimpleSoils, you get all vanilla soils and sands back. I even play with the idea of adding black sand back into the mod by default, because it looks nice.)

I see. That is somewhat disappointing, but it makes sense. I'll figure something out.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2014, 07:07:23 pm »

Do keep in mind that the city only produces copper right now. I haven't found any other metal yet. That being said, I've finished upgrading the tanner guild which means I can produce shell and scale armors as well as hardened leather. I believe my source of scales for the scale armor is the pit viper. I can also produce a limited amount of other items with imported materials. We do have some other metals.

Meph, your aunt will produce blessed/cursed silver for you. Any wood items you wish your minion can produce.
Bluescreen, your minion will give you the hook-up for existing weapons and armor since he is military commander.
Shadow, your minion can obviously produce glass weapons or armor of any kind.
Imeka, same goes for you and gem items, or stone for that matter. You also have access to materials from the mine first.

So do keep in mind that your minion works for you. The natural town resources are essentially at your disposal (Copper, scale, shell, stone, glass, leather, bone, etc.). Any imported items will need to be paid for out of your earnings. I have votes for what workshops or stalls from other nations we open and if you want items from them you will need to use your coin for that as well. Want your hero's armor runecrafted? Sure. But it will cost.

I highly recommend looking at the Masterwork manual. There are many, many options. I did also import a fair amount of steel and mithril, so those are common enough to be fair game and I'm working on developing a good weapon/armorsmith.

Also, Shadow, the Fishers guild provides a source for the following: Eel, fish, turtle and oyster. Fully upgraded gives oyster, which provides shell and possibly pearl. I don't really need another source of fish right now, nor shell. We get lots of variety from the ocean. This will probably be my last guild for that reason. It doesn't provide any resources or skills I don't get now except pearl fully upgraded. And that's 19k I can't spend on heroes right now.

I believe all your children Shadow are fine. Meph lost a daughter, as did the Count. (His wife had Mechanic enabled and was resetting a trap out front when the kid was snatched. Now disabled.)
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2014, 07:14:34 pm »

Oh, in that case I would like a crystal wood bed for myself. A humble request by your loyal carpenter. Otherwise practical applications are more useful, like ironbark arrows, or feather shields for the military. They are not as stupid as they sound, DF ignore the material of the shield in combat, and only the weight is a factor. The lightest shields encumber the soldiers the least, and feather wood shields are much better than any metal ones.

This was exactly the same info. as in your human trial fortress. Does this mean they are always exactly the same? Does the warrior always come with steel armor? And are they always a specific gender?
Yes. Yes. Yes. All hardcoded by me.

bluescreen1988

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2014, 07:40:08 pm »

So how much does bringing our hero in cost exactly?  I checked the manual but it doesn't seem to say.  (Unless I'm blind.)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2014, 08:01:33 pm »

The reaction names have the price in them. From 10.000 to 30.000 gold coins.

bluescreen1988

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2014, 08:13:54 pm »

The reaction names have the price in them. From 10.000 to 30.000 gold coins.

Sorry I'm fairly new to DF so I'm not sure where to find those.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2014, 08:44:24 pm »

Ingame. When you build the tavern and want to do a reaction, lets say hire a mage, it will say "Hire a Mage (25.000 gold)".

bluescreen1988

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2014, 10:48:43 pm »

Ingame. When you build the tavern and want to do a reaction, lets say hire a mage, it will say "Hire a Mage (25.000 gold)".

Oh, haven't played masterwork yet.  Still getting used to vanilla.

Imeka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2014, 02:01:12 am »

Imeka, please choose your guild of choice, Masons or Jewelers for your minion. You already received a guild bonus for pay since I assumed you are technically a guild member already. And guilds do negotiate higher wages for members.

I'm slightly in favor of the Jewelers Guild, but if there are already other Jewelers Guild members or you are in great need of masons, Masons Guild would be fine too.

Ranger. His hardened leather gear should be about as good as copper, but feel free to upgrade it to gem (or glass) armor. Rock/ glass/ gem tipped ammunition needs wood, I'm not sure if it would be cheaper than metal ammunition. Provide what ever my minion can afford.

bluescreen1988

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2014, 05:56:52 am »

I'll take a Barbarian.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13