Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many people are still participating?

Players
Readers
Lurkers
Trolls

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: ☼Choose your own adventure☼ Human Trade center  (Read 13868 times)

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Choose your own adventure☼ Human Trade center
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2014, 11:52:56 am »

Deon's Tavern (for Hero prices, first one free!):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Minion inventory and skills updated in 2nd post and new income provided based on skills and goods.

Cleric option not listed since I don't have 30k gold anymore. Working on getting more. Conjurer for Meph takes forever to pay for. 20k gold in 500 gold increments takes a while. I have disabled coin stockpile. Too many job cancellations because someone took the bin.

Also, Meph, the Tanners guild improves scale and shell automatically. It takes base shell crafts as well. I had some of Shadow's tradegoods taken and converted from *Shell journal* to Shell (higher base value). I'm not sure if this is what you intended there.

What I'd really love to see (possibly in future) is for Smith and Jewelers guilds to provide option to selectably determine which item receives which metal/gem. As in <select item (List of furniture, tradegoods, weapons, etc.)> to stud with <select Metal/Gem>. I don't like that you have so little control unless you have the workshops in a sealed vault and mass forbid stuff you don't want to improve.

Just a thought.

I will work on housing first, while I save for Hero's to arrive. Then finish Guilds. Fully upgraded are Mason, Merchant, Engineer, Farmers, Jewelers, Cooks, Tanner. Established and upgrading is Carpenters. University and scriptorium are under construction.

I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2014, 07:31:45 pm »

End of year. New round of pay.

Also, check the status post (#2).

The Heroes have arrived!

I'll do an end of year write-up this weekend if I get a chance. Some exciting finds. So, over the long weekend think of what you would like your hero to do. Bluescreen, same squad as your minion or not? Do you want them fighting together? Imeka, you can easily provide all the glass/gem arrows your ranger will need. Is there anything else you would like to make for him? Do you want him to hunt on his off time? Meph, you have no skills and no possessions. Your imps didn't show up as animals at first but now they do, not trainable but butcherable. Any preferences for actions? Shadow, need hero input from you. Your call which hero.

Next year will be meeting the demands of the poll. Need housing for almost everyone.

bluescreen1988

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2014, 08:47:42 pm »

I'd say have my hero lead a second squad if you have the numbers, if not just stick them in the first.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 08:49:46 pm by bluescreen1988 »

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2014, 10:30:41 pm »

Can do. I have already formed two squads for the guards, one Melee and one Range. Keep in mind that I will not be able to control your Hero individually in combats in a squad.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2014, 11:59:15 pm »

Can I request a male Weaponsmith minion and maybe turn him into a military minion if he makes an artifact?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 02:04:46 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Imeka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2014, 02:24:46 am »

Put Garret in the ranged guards squad. Let him hunt occasionally.

Shadow Of Fate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2014, 04:08:20 am »

Any preferences for actions? Shadow, need hero input from you. Your call which hero.

Ummm... Well the Barbarian was my first choice, but we already have one. So I'll change it to something else. To clarify my decision to do so, I don't know if we can have two of the same type of hero or not. But I also don't care. I think it is better if we diversify, and I am not attached enough to my first choice to settle on it. My second choice was ranger to hunt the thieves... Oh wait, we have one of those as well. And I don't even have to supply him with amo because Imeka is doing that for me. Good. That option would have either been expensive or took up my minion's time. I found Conjurer kind of interesting. But we already have a conjurer. So there is no need for me to do that. I feel kind of like I was ninja'd here.

Oh well. So what is left? I like Cleric, Warrior, and Mage. Cleric would be my next choice, but that's the most expensive. Warrior is kind of like a better equipped version of the Barbarian, but I think the Barbarian has better long term potential if she can get better equipment. Mage sounds interesting to me, but I don't want to actually have to pay anything or do any work to supply it.

Alright, so here's my decision. I want either Cleric or Mage. Get me Cleric if you can. I would want said Cleric to run a hospital, which could be very important. If not, get me the Mage. The mage gets no help from me for gear or anything. The mage is on her own. At least for now. I also could care less what you do with said mage. To clarify, I would only want the Mage if you can't get said Cleric.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2014, 11:25:36 pm »

(Shadow, I can easily get you a Cleric and we do have a hospital. This is only my second time playing in Masterworks, so I wasn't quite sure how it worked, but I pay for a hero and I get a single person immigrating appearing in tavern with the skills and equipment listed. They show up as a separate race I believe for the purposes of the gameplay. I am pretty sure I can have as many heroes as I can afford, which, apparently, is a lot. Considering I've paid for three heroes so far this year and still managed to fully upgrade nearly three guilds. If you want a barbarian I can give you one. That being said, A cleric is also a nice choice. You would have a hospital to run, and a temple above it. The cleric also comes with Hammer skill and if you want to be involved in combat it should be simple enough to accomplish. Please let me know if you prefer Barbarian or Cleric. Your choice really. I can afford either one at this point.

Beirus, acknowledged. I will find someone with weaponsmith skills and minionize him/her. Please state preferences for Hero as well. Your first one is free.)

Map provided to adventurers upon arrival
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(Post to follow)

Shadow Of Fate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2014, 05:07:10 am »

(Shadow, I can easily get you a Cleric and we do have a hospital. This is only my second time playing in Masterworks, so I wasn't quite sure how it worked, but I pay for a hero and I get a single person immigrating appearing in tavern with the skills and equipment listed. They show up as a separate race I believe for the purposes of the gameplay. I am pretty sure I can have as many heroes as I can afford, which, apparently, is a lot. Considering I've paid for three heroes so far this year and still managed to fully upgrade nearly three guilds. If you want a barbarian I can give you one. That being said, A cleric is also a nice choice. You would have a hospital to run, and a temple above it. The cleric also comes with Hammer skill and if you want to be involved in combat it should be simple enough to accomplish. Please let me know if you prefer Barbarian or Cleric. Your choice really. I can afford either one at this point.

Maybe my explanation of my thought process confused you? I believe I made it clear that I didn't want to repeat a hero (even if it was possible) for the cause of better variety. Again, I'm not attached enough to my first choice to stay on it. Or my second choice... Or my third... Point is I'll settle on Cleric. I also think it will be much more useful to have one instead of another Barbarian or fighting hero. For now, keep the Cleric out of combat. I feel like it would be better running the hospital full time. It also would keep the Cleric safer (in theory) than otherwise. With the additions of the Barbarian and Ranger, I feel like the military has enough potential firepower as is. At least for now.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 05:29:39 am by Shadow Of Fate »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2014, 12:40:32 pm »

I would like a Monk.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2014, 12:00:10 am »

Year 56

Journal of Innu

Tragedy has struck!

San was outside the gates when our infant daughter was stolen. San was assaulted from behind and the child snatched before she knew what had happened. All she saw was a cloak of some sort. We don't even know what took the child.

My initial response was sorrow at our loss. To lose one's first child is a blow to any parent. And in such a manner is dreadful. We may never know what will befall, or has befallen her.

I still feel the loss, but mostly now I feel a deep seated anger. I shall find who took our child, and they shall rue the day. We have taken a particularly harsh note with any captured thieves. They are summarily executed at first possible opportunity. So far none have escaped.

I'm afraid I am not the only parent feeling loss. I know Meph has lost a child recently, and she suffered a more gruesome tale, since all that was found of her daughter was a foot, and some blood, south of the walls. I feel for her, and understand her pain.

In order to better protect our city I have made some contacts and put out word that our city is seeking heroes to aid in our defense. To be well compensated, of course. 500 gold per season is the standard rate, additional for extraordinary services rendered. I feel we can easily afford the cost of initial hiring and ongoing expenses, particularly now that we are better established.

We have even completed construction of a university for lectures and several libraries. Search was made for a scholar among our immigrants and one of prodigious skill was found. He is currently working transcribing and recording books on a variety of subjects. The first focus, due to recent events, was warfare and combat.

I have also placed several orders for better metals to work with. We have a surplus of copper, and it has sufficed, but I feel we need to plan for the future, and copper may not always be sufficient.

The first hero to arrive came in a surprising fashion. A worker in the mystic, she actually washed ashore from a shipwreck and had to be rescued. She had no memory of any skills, nor of her name. We have called her Mephistopheles, since, despite her memory lapse, she somehow summons elemental imps of hideous visage. They seem tame and obey her commands.

The second to arrive was Garrett. He doesn't speak much, but has prodigious skill with a bow. He has offered to lead a second squad of guard, for ranged soldiers and is well qualified to do so. I have hopes that his time spent outside the walls hunting will help reduce the number of thieves that survive.

Snu-Snu was the third, and a strange one she is. Tall and fierce from the barbarian tribes she is nonetheless quite level-headed, even if she is nearly a full head taller than the rest of us. The axe she carries around is enormous and weighs nearly half what I do.

I shall have to construct additional housing, since the heroes are not the only ones to come. Additional migrants have swelled our numbers to over 150. I only hope the heroes are preparing well. I fear soon enough we shall no longer be able to escape the attention of the darker powers that be.

bluescreen1988

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2014, 03:33:50 pm »

Snu-Snu was the third...

I couldn't have picked a better name.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2014, 06:20:29 pm »

Year 56

Journal of Innu

A recent development has caused me to ponder and take the pen again. You may recall that I once wrote that my wife, the countess, was an archaeologist. That was the case, and it was she that chose our location based on verbal histories of places where she suspected previous civilization.

We have now found evidence of that civilization and she is ecstatic. We discovered, in our very quarry, a series of clearly fashioned brick walls, compressed by time and sedimentation.

San has ordered the careful removal of the surrounding dirt, in case other items are found and has begun sifting in search of relics or whatnot. The walls themselves she has not had removed, in case they are there for some reason. If nothing is found around them then they too shall be excavated and samples sent to her previous professor, who no doubt would be delighted at the find.

Disturbingly, very near the dig site the miners came across a large patch of something she referred to as unstable warp-stone. I have expressly forbidden her from participating in the digging itself, since she carries around our second daughter and I fear to risk both of them. That came out wrong. I do not want to lose either of them, of course. My wife, however, is both independant and educated. I do not need to tell her how to do a business she herself understands far better than I.

The excavation is afoot though, for we have found buried structures of interesting origin.

(Beirus, working on getting your details up.
Another round of pay for everyone.

I'm also having some problems creating the libraries. I have made the required books without difficulty but no option is available to set up the library itself. I even created a second finished goods stockpile just for books but they refuse to be stored there despite removing all other stockpiles entirely. I'm at a bit of a loss, and may wind up creating the books and forbidding them right after creation and try it that way. )

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2014, 12:53:34 am »

You have enough cabinets for the libraries?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2014, 10:32:10 am »

Sorry, let me clarify. I have the libraries built. I just cannot dedicate them to a topic. (I have 50+ cabinets for the housing, mostly wood)

I have the first 10 warfare books and have started on the mechanics books. I just assumed I would be able to use the first 10 books for the library but something is off. I'll need to look and verify that they are all available, but I wrote them and now I cannot use them for some reason. Storage of books also not functioning properly I believe. I have a dedicated book stockpile but nothing is being put in it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13