Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Quinnspiracy Scandal  (Read 16230 times)

(int) magicMissile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quinnspiracy Scandal
« on: August 23, 2014, 12:22:37 pm »

THREAD GUIDELINES
1. Don't insult each other. That just ain't cool, dawgs.
2. Try not to insult the people in question. We don't want da poleec comin' down on our heads, yo.
3. No dox or nudes. Nobody want that shizz in da hood.
4. I can't think of anything else and I ran out of stereotypical '90s rap slang at #2.

I'm sure a lot of you have heard about this scandal by now, and I'm wondering where you stand on it.

To those of you who haven't heard about it, here's a brief timeline:-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have tried to stay as neutral as possible throughout my post.

What do you all think of this situation?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 04:55:22 am by (int) magicMissile »
I Love Bacon

Detharon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quinnspiracy Scandal
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 12:24:15 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=142602.0

Seeing how the other thread ended up, perhaps it isn't the best idea to start it again.

(int) magicMissile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 12:26:54 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=142602.0

Seeing how the other thread ended up, perhaps it isn't the best idea to start it again.

As long as we're all civil, it should be fine.

Right?
I Love Bacon

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 12:30:10 pm »

We had a previous thread and it blew up rather badly.
This isn't going to work.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

(int) magicMissile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 12:31:19 pm »

We had a previous thread and it blew up rather badly.
This isn't going to work.

Don't be negative. Breathe in, hold the breath for 3 seconds and release all that negative energy.

And then discuss the topic at hand without insulting anyone.
I Love Bacon

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 12:34:01 pm »

Dude, this is Bay12. We can't discuss such a volatile topic without it eventually exploding.

Not that you'd know that.

Anyway, I think we've discussed the topic at hand enough already with the previous thread.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 12:35:32 pm »

It's a very divisive issue. Some people love her. Some people hate her. Some people don't care. Whatever you opinion is, it probably won't be changed by discussion. Sorry, but this thread doesn't need to exist.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 12:35:41 pm »

Consider the previous thread blew up rather explosively, ultimately ending with the thread being locked by Toady, I think you should be a bit careful.

Quote from: Toady
And this thread is kind of a toxic report magnet.  People shouldn't call each other names and otherwise disregard the forum guidelines.  I think it's best to lock this one -- the topic creator is absent and the opening post is somewhat ill-suited to repair the discussion.

Try setting out some guidelines in the OP, and you might need to be rather involved.

Dude, this is Bay12. We can't discuss such a volatile topic without it eventually exploding.
We can actually. It's just that as the amount of people involved in a conversation increases, the chance that 2 equally convinced, but diametrically opposed people meet eventually approaches one.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 12:36:22 pm »

RAGE IMMINENT

What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 12:37:51 pm »

People are way to pessimistic. Have some faith in yourselves and others.

(int) magicMissile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 12:40:57 pm »

Try setting out some guidelines in the OP, and you might need to be rather involved.

We can actually. It's just that as the amount of people involved in a conversation increases, the chance that 2 equally convinced, but diametrically opposed people meet eventually approaches one.

Guidelines set out. Let's hope this works.
I Love Bacon

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 12:50:55 pm »

The more I hear about this, the more it sounds like petty attempts at 'slut shaming' with an undercurrent of 'women aren't allowed to want sex.' What? She cheated on her boyfriend? She had sex with several people? The nerve of her! Whatever is she doing outside of her man's kitchen! It all very much smacks of a lowest common denominator smear campaign.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 12:55:11 pm »

I have to laugh at how this caused Phil Fish to rage quit the industry
again
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

(int) magicMissile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 01:00:24 pm »

The more I hear about this, the more it sounds like petty attempts at 'slut shaming' with an undercurrent of 'women aren't allowed to want sex.' What? She cheated on her boyfriend? She had sex with several people? The nerve of her! Whatever is she doing outside of her man's kitchen! It all very much smacks of a lowest common denominator smear campaign.

Not the fact that the people she had sex with did not delineate between a personal and professional life, and that those people did not give any sort of disclosure on this fact?

I'm angrier at the journalists and their sites, more than anything else. I can't be angry at a person for using whatever they can in life to claw their way to the top, but a breach of what little journalistic ethical integrity they had on this level is disgraceful.
I Love Bacon

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2014, 01:02:27 pm »

Snip
That not what I'm seeing at all.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9