Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Quinnspiracy Scandal  (Read 15930 times)

(int) magicMissile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quinnspiracy Scandal
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2014, 03:47:32 pm »

I said that he doesn't seem to be being attacked as using the sex itself for advancement and this doesn't serve as a rebuttal to anything I said.

And I am refuting that and outright stating people have called him out of the fact he also used sex as the chance to get a clickbait scoop.

Like I said a post ago.

After reading this account of GAME_JAM I have little regard for your claims. What they did was pretty shitty and it looks to me far more like she wanted to try and do the idea right rather than the event being some kind of bizarre manipulation to obtain all teh glorehs.

You do realise Jared Rosen (the writer of that article) is one of the other people she was alleged to have sex with, right?

I highly doubt that the "blackout" is due to anything besides the way these campaigners have conducted themselves as well as the nature of the intrusion itself. I think the worst thing I saw was a Reddit moderator going overboard when it came to their job. Not everything is a conspiracy... especially if the amount of control she'd actually need to pull it off is ridiculous. She's an indie dev with an audience, not a mastermind.

Again, have you not looked at the sources I have posted? Please look at the sources before commenting further.

Yeah, I know you guys think that you're being the epitome of neutrality and all, but tbh the kind of intensity you're pursuing this with is terrifying and I'm not surprised that even moderators on 4chan would start shutting these threads down.

The good old "Your interest in this scares me, please stop having an interest in this" defense.

Please take away the filter and look at the world with clear eyes. Realise that you're defending someone (regardless of gender) who has broken some serious ethical boundaries here. Reverse the genders involved, and tell me you wouldn't be on the side of the "witch hunt".
I Love Bacon

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2014, 03:56:37 pm »

I wouldn't be on the side of the witch hunt.

Because I don't care. I'm just here to watch the fireworks turn into IEDs. *grabs some peanuts from LSP*
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2014, 03:57:36 pm »

After reading this account of GAME_JAM I have little regard for your claims. What they did was pretty shitty and it looks to me far more like she wanted to try and do the idea right rather than the event being some kind of bizarre manipulation to obtain all teh glorehs.

Are you confusing GAME_JAM (which was terrible) with this?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2014, 04:09:48 pm »

Are you confusing GAME_JAM (which was terrible) with this?

Possibly. There's quite a large amount of shit being sprung together. I still haven't finished looking into the incident you linked due to most links leading to... spazzriffic sites that don't seem to have any hard facts on hand as well as me having a dwindling amount of gives a shit.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2014, 04:14:34 pm »

The more I hear about this, the more it sounds like petty attempts at 'slut shaming' with an undercurrent of 'women aren't allowed to want sex.' What? She cheated on her boyfriend? She had sex with several people? The nerve of her! Whatever is she doing outside of her man's kitchen! It all very much smacks of a lowest common denominator smear campaign.

Not the fact that the people she had sex with did not delineate between a personal and professional life, and that those people did not give any sort of disclosure on this fact?

I'm angrier at the journalists and their sites, more than anything else. I can't be angry at a person for using whatever they can in life to claw their way to the top, but a breach of what little journalistic ethical integrity they had on this level is disgraceful.
As someone in the game industry: BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
but no seriously "journalistic integrity" BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHAHAH
dude, that shit doesn't exist in games journalism; never has, never will. Game reviewers get free games, early access, and swag from developers, so they always have been and always will be paid by the developers in that way. And above all else, they're fans. They are predisposed to like video games. Trying to hold up "journalistic integrity" as a point here is ridiculous in the extreme. This is an industry where, just last month there was the paid youtubers thing where youtubers were getting massive sums of money and revenue shares to review a game. Having sex with people is not how you pay off journalists, and so the entire fact that it is a talking point here reveals the entire thing to be precisely the sort of disingenuous smear campaign I pointed it to be. I know people at Microsoft having sexual relations with people at Google; that doesn't mean I'm going to go out and file an antitrust lawsuit. Having sex is just what people do.
This little theory of yours that there is some sort of massive smear campaign against Zoe falls apart quite quickly once one realizes that THERE IS NO REASON for your imaginary smear campaign to occur in the first place.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2014, 04:35:17 pm »

Yeah, nobody would ever be mean to someone on the internet without a good reason.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2014, 04:50:31 pm »

I'm out. This is just going to breed stupidity.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2014, 05:02:13 pm »

Not much to discuss about what she did. I mean she did confess cheating on her boyfriend with 5+ guys, if you read their chatlogs.
The only thing that's uncertain if there's actually any nepotism going on here as a result of it.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2014, 05:35:17 pm »

The only thing that's uncertain if there's actually any nepotism going on here as a result of it.

Too bad it's the only thing we should give a fuck about. As I said, this is a non issue anyway : even a completely biased review of a game called "depression quest" won't fool you on the topic, they made no secret that it was an interactive text adventure, and the game is free anyway.

There is two possibilities : either this is  witch hunt and we shouldn't encourage it, or it's an attention grab and we shouldn't talk about it.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2014, 05:37:45 pm »

I'unno, there's plenty of uncertainty from me as to why something that is, at best, terribly ineffective C-list corruption is getting so much apparent attention. I guess it's mostly that manufactured drama or whatev' that was talked about some in the last thread, but still. S'more than a little odd. And Phmcw actually puts the appropriate response to that quite succinctly, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

(int) magicMissile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2014, 05:47:38 pm »

I'unno, there's plenty of uncertainty from me as to why something that is, at best, terribly ineffective C-list corruption is getting so much apparent attention. I guess it's mostly that manufactured drama or whatev' that was talked about some in the last thread, but still. S'more than a little odd. And Phmcw actually puts the appropriate response to that quite succinctly, heh.

It's mainly because of the fact that, despite being "ineffective C-list corruption", Zoe Quinn seems to both have an unhealthy position as a feminist spokeswoman within gaming (despite obviously not understanding the ethical concept of separation of personal and professional life) and has more influence than you would think considering her position (as the media blackout etc makes obvious).

She is the tip of nepotism in the gaming industry, and she is evidence of a suspicion we have had for a long time. When you consider the fact she was drinking with Adam Sessler (a HUGE name in gaming) when this news broke, you start to wonder who this girl actually is.

Combining this with stuff like the Jaffe Confrontation just leaves a sour taste in people's mouths, as the medium we love has begun to turn into a giant self-hating monstrosity - at least in it's journalistic world.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 05:53:37 pm by (int) magicMissile »
I Love Bacon

(int) magicMissile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2014, 05:54:19 pm »

The sad side effect of a massive shitstorm is that there's a chance the person in the eye of it will end up with all kinds of powers. Mainly flinging shit at other people.

It's unfortunate, but she seems to have that power already.

Too bad it's the only thing we should give a fuck about. As I said, this is a non issue anyway : even a completely biased review of a game called "depression quest" won't fool you on the topic, they made no secret that it was an interactive text adventure, and the game is free anyway.

There is two possibilities : either this is  witch hunt and we shouldn't encourage it, or it's an attention grab and we shouldn't talk about it.

Except for the fact she is essentially demanding a media blackout, and anyone who doesn't toe the party line finds their hosting provider requesting that they take down any articles in which they've mentioned what she did.

THIS is a big reason for why everyone is angry.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 05:56:42 pm by (int) magicMissile »
I Love Bacon

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2014, 07:34:52 pm »

As far as I'm aware (in that nobody I've asked has been able to show evidence to the contrary) only one of these guys (Nathan Grayson) is actually a journalist.  The only time he made a mention of her game in a professional capacity was in a list of 50 games that had just been greenlit*.  This was also several months before they slept together.  I'm not seeing the scandal here, just a load of people grasping at straws in a transparent attempt to try and further their own agendas.

*The list in question: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/08/admission-quest-valve-greenlights-50-more-games/
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2014, 07:56:56 pm »

*uber pulls up a chair and passes out root beer

ahh the flames begin anew
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2014, 08:56:41 pm »

MFW I post a link to this http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/813/857/b65.jpg and the text "just gonna leave this here..." on the Polygon article about Fishy Phil "leaving the industry" and baleeting his social media accounts for the umpteenth time.

Comment is deleted, I'm b& in seconds. http://puu.sh/b5icC/e31efba7ee.png

Dat integrity.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9