Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Quinnspiracy Scandal  (Read 16258 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Quinnspiracy Scandal
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2014, 08:59:01 pm »

Phill must have slept with all the mods there.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2014, 09:01:41 pm »

He's currently sleeping with you, right this second.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2014, 09:08:29 pm »

It is reaching blatantly absurd levels, frankly.

What, don't tell me the word "fuck" is a bannable offense on Polygon.

Hell, here's an idea: sanitize the image, upload it to a 3rd party image hosting service, then link to it.
Can't test it out because b% and I CBA to set up a proxy to bypass it just for that...
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2014, 09:17:06 pm »

* Redzephyr01 walks into thread
* Redzephyr01 walks out of thread

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2014, 09:27:44 pm »

MFW I post a link to this http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/813/857/b65.jpg and the text "just gonna leave this here..." on the Polygon article about Fishy Phil "leaving the industry" and baleeting his social media accounts for the umpteenth time.

Comment is deleted, I'm b& in seconds. http://puu.sh/b5icC/e31efba7ee.png

Dat integrity.

It's because Polygon tries to actually have standards. 4chan witch hunt crossposting is the exact opposite of that and is why people read Polygon instead of rags like Kotaku. You aren't "just leaving this here" you're dropping allegations in their comment section in an attempt to rabble-rouse. You're "just leaving it here" as much as Rush Limbaugh is "just saying" that black people robbed several stores overnight.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2014, 09:45:22 pm »

So, presenting proof that the action was deemed by 4chan as a false flag operation is rabble rousing now? As is that the post containing the supposed leaked doxx was rapidly purged? That's alarming.
This might have something to do with it, too: http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/814/627/ab4.png

Conversely, Rush Limbaugh saying that black people robbed stores can, y'know, be disproved. With evidence. If you want to have these things called discussions, that is. Or you could just get Rush Limbaugh kicked out of the building and file a restraining order, I guess. That works too.

Edit: also, "Supporters of this theory point to Fish's site being hosted on Cloudfare, which uses two-part authentification, and the large amount of data, roughly 1.5 gigabytes, that was uploaded in a relatively small window of time. "
Edit to the edit: Supposedly, they just used Cloudflare to cache, and the doxx were gotten off the company's Dropbox.
Until someone actually pokes Cloudflare about what happened and whether the site was hosted there or not (which could possibly go against confidentiality ToS) it's still up for debate.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 09:53:55 pm by Something Evil »
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2014, 10:23:55 pm »

No, you're missing the subtle (or not so subtle) point as to why it isn't okay. Like in the example I gave, it isn't about the fact. It's about the motivations and format of their presentation. Hundreds of stores get robbed every night; possibly even thousands or tens of thousands. Which means, on any given day, you could almost certainly make the statement "I'm just sayin, but a bunch of black guys went out and robbed stores last night" and have it be entirely accurate any day of the week. It's not even necessarily misleading. But it would most certainly be rabble rousing and race baiting. It's meant to incite emotion not justified by the facts presented through the method of their presentation. "I'm just saying" and "I'm just leaving this here" are never just saying or just leaving it here.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 10:26:33 pm by alway »

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2014, 10:29:37 pm »

k

I thought about writing about this but you know.

k
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2014, 11:12:51 pm »

She is the tip of nepotism in the gaming industry, and she is evidence of a suspicion we have had for a long time. When you consider the fact she was drinking with Adam Sessler (a HUGE name in gaming) when this news broke, you start to wonder who this girl actually is.
To believe this, I have to ignore the fact that there's no proof said nepotism took place. These other people in the community may be defending her because they're decent people, not because they want a blowjob. Admins may be deleting threads and comments because they don't enjoy seeing their sites devolve into abusive shitstorms, not because there's a massive censorship conspiracy. Zoe Quinn may have slept with other people because she's a human being with complicated emotional needs, not because she's a harlot who uses sex for professional gain.

For MRAs who are feeding this non-scandal, their animosity toward women is filling in the blanks. Unless and until you practice some skepticism, your agenda is clear.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2014, 11:59:52 pm »

For MRAs who are feeding this non-scandal

thank you for your insightful commentary on the nature of the current situation

i am sure many people in this thread will find themselves enlightened

so bay, tell me more about this whole fine young capitalists thing

there's a second version of it now, anyone planning to toss some dosh at it

recettear when

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2014, 12:44:20 am »

Walking in here, after spending a couple hours sorting through "proofs" on both sides I am left with some somewhat disjointed thoughts.

A)Assuming she is as she says then this whole Quinnspiracy thing is messed up and is a life ruiner. Or a career setter for the socially savvy (any sort of celeb can get some nice perks, there are downsides of course. the demi-fame opens lives up to outside scrutiny)

B)Assuming that skepticism is required and calls from proof from all around makes one wonder where and when Quin&Associates will be asked for proofs of any of these things occurring? I know it's easier to believe the worst happens in life, but not applying that to the possibility of people seems... ridiculous.

C)Assuming she is as opposition claim then she's got a very sweet setup. SJW's and Internet Feminists lapping out of her hands, tax-less donation money, an entire section of power devoted to her well being. A GOD AM I :D

Frankly her version of the Wizards and 4Chan doesn't seem to hold up well.
Spoiler: 4Chanery Tally-Ho! (click to show/hide)

Of course I'm not condemning and my mind isn't set. From her Tumblings she seems a decent enough sort, actually in-line with how I see my younger brother and his views that relate to it (and Tumblr does encourage this sort of cling-together mentality, I understand it, it's copious pro's and its more unsavory cons...). And no I don't revile my brother, if you draw that conclusion you either think her guilty straight off or have pigeon-holed myself and this (frankly) bizzare post.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

(int) magicMissile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2014, 01:41:47 am »

As far as I'm aware (in that nobody I've asked has been able to show evidence to the contrary) only one of these guys (Nathan Grayson) is actually a journalist.  The only time he made a mention of her game in a professional capacity was in a list of 50 games that had just been greenlit*.  This was also several months before they slept together.  I'm not seeing the scandal here, just a load of people grasping at straws in a transparent attempt to try and further their own agendas.

*The list in question: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/08/admission-quest-valve-greenlights-50-more-games/

Except he also did the GAME_JAM article, which she has used for publicity and to funnel attention towards both Depression Quest and her own Rebel Game Jam. It painted her in an angelic light, when she was alleged to be sleeping with at least one of the contestants and (from what I can gather) one of the judges.

It is reaching blatantly absurd levels, frankly.

What, don't tell me the word "fuck" is a bannable offense on Polygon.

Hell, here's an idea: sanitize the image, upload it to a 3rd party image hosting service, then link to it.
Can't test it out because b% and I CBA to set up a proxy to bypass it just for that...

Just reset your router and do a quick cookie dump on your browser. It should give you a new IP address and get rid of any cookies they have set up.

She is the tip of nepotism in the gaming industry, and she is evidence of a suspicion we have had for a long time. When you consider the fact she was drinking with Adam Sessler (a HUGE name in gaming) when this news broke, you start to wonder who this girl actually is.
To believe this, I have to ignore the fact that there's no proof said nepotism took place. These other people in the community may be defending her because they're decent people, not because they want a blowjob. Admins may be deleting threads and comments because they don't enjoy seeing their sites devolve into abusive shitstorms, not because there's a massive censorship conspiracy. Zoe Quinn may have slept with other people because she's a human being with complicated emotional needs, not because she's a harlot who uses sex for professional gain.

For MRAs who are feeding this non-scandal, their animosity toward women is filling in the blanks. Unless and until you practice some skepticism, your agenda is clear.

Except for the fact that this was in reference to primarily the GAME_JAM (when he has stated he started a relationship with her "early April", after he released the article in March). That is, at most, 7 days after the article.

I am skeptical, but the fact remains that every time an article about this stuff goes up, the site it is on immediately dies or they get contacted by their hosting company or the writer starts getting harassed by a bunch of SJW.

People are saying that male gamers have privilege. I'm sorry, but I've yet to see a male gamer that can shut down all news articles written about them and prevent the largest sites from posting anything.

Also, compare this to the Max Temkin business.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 01:50:19 am by (int) magicMissile »
I Love Bacon

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2014, 01:58:07 am »

Um, Guys/Gals? Rebel Jam's Donate thingy led by Zoe Quin and her site's tip me button lead to the exact same paypal account.

Maybe someone who has used a paypal thing can enlighten me, does it tell you how much monies you get came from a source and "Description"? That's 2 links, first half o' word and second half.

I got the tip off from Internet Aristocrat's second video and checked to see if it was legit. It is.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

(int) magicMissile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2014, 02:00:50 am »

Um, Guys/Gals? Rebel Jam's Donate thingy led by Zoe Quin and her site's tip me button lead to the exact same paypal account.

Maybe someone who has used a paypal thing can enlighten me, does it tell you how much monies you get came from a source and "Description"? That's 2 links, first half o' word and second half.

I got the tip off from Internet Aristocrat's second video and checked to see if it was legit. It is.

Yeah, but I'm trying not to mention that because:

1. That could indicate fraud, which is a federal crime.
2. That could actually get the fuck sued out of me if I turned out to be wrong in any way.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 04:07:19 am by (int) magicMissile »
I Love Bacon

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2014, 02:36:31 am »

What the hell.
Also, how, why and who could sue you for talking about that? That stuff needs to be discussed if we're going to get any answer. I doubt we will though.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9