Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Quinnspiracy Scandal  (Read 16244 times)

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quinnspiracy Scandal
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2014, 03:21:46 am »

...Goddammit. /pol/. This is the second fundraiser they've trolled the hell out of in a week
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 03:33:05 am by Morrigi »
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

(int) magicMissile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2014, 03:40:24 am »

What the hell.
Also, how, why and who could sue you for talking about that? That stuff needs to be discussed if we're going to get any answer. I doubt we will though.

Whoever keeps shutting down these news articles, for one.

We're not going to get any answer, since their PR strategy is a media blackout (which, hilariously, RockPaperShotgun bitched about EA doing in the past), which is usually effective on stuff like this (as the internet has a very short term memory).

...Goddammit. /pol/. This is the second fundraiser they've trolled the hell out of in a week

The people they're funding are fully happy with what they're doing. :p Better to make a deal with the devil than to be cheated by angels.
I Love Bacon

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2014, 03:41:56 am »

What the hell.
Also, how, why and who could sue you for talking about that? That stuff needs to be discussed if we're going to get any answer. I doubt we will though.

Which articles are they shutting down? I've only heard about censorship of comments. Can I have a link?

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2014, 03:50:48 am »

What the hell.
Which articles are they shutting down? I've only heard about censorship of comments. Can I have a link?
Sorry that I probably can't really help you.

From Internet Aristo's videos and 1 or 2 of the many images I've been rolling through across the webz I got the impression that 1 article was completely taken down on the subject, but an image from reddit where one of the mods told an inquirer to stop all further ones if they wished to have a continued career in the indie game industry and "to not put that shit on his wall", so there is alleged to be a defacto barrier to further articles where Quinn has influence.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

(int) magicMissile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2014, 04:04:08 am »

What the hell.

Part of the issue is that sites keep going down. :p

Sources: 1 (GamesNosh seems to be one of the few sites with any integrity left, which is hilarious considering it's a no name site no one has ever heard of), 2 (this on N4G was removed nearly immediately), 3

There's also Reddit, where there's been a shitstorm of people having their comments deleted and finding themselves shadowbanned.
I Love Bacon

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2014, 04:08:21 am »

I notice you don't really have much of a presence in this community except to attack this person, Magic Missile. 15 of your 18 posts are about this person. What's your stake in the events that are happening?

It also seems you made an account on the RockPaperShotgun forums purely to complain about them. Have they personally done you some sort of wrong, that you feel you must so thoroughly sling mud at them?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 04:10:30 am by Cheeetar »
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

(int) magicMissile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2014, 04:11:15 am »

I notice you don't really have much of a presence in this community except to attack this person, Magic Missile. 15 of your 18 posts are about this person. What's your stake in the events that are happening?

It also seems you made an account on the RockPaperShotgun forums purely to complain about them. Have they personally done you some sort of wrong, that you feel you must so thoroughly sling mud at them?

Please don't suggest that I am attacking anyone. I am merely laying out the facts for other people to make a decision themselves. What is wrong with placing out the facts, instead of trying to hide them under the carpet?

I was considering going into GameDev in the distant future, and I really don't want to end up like David Jaffe.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 04:12:54 am by (int) magicMissile »
I Love Bacon

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2014, 04:12:38 am »

Please don't suggest that I am attacking anyone. I am merely laying out the facts for other people to make a decision themselves.

I was considering going into GameDev in the distant future, and I really don't want to end up like David Jaffe.

You're attacking her. Don't piss on my head and say it's raining.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

(int) magicMissile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2014, 04:13:25 am »

I am laying out the facts in a scandal that has occured. You are attacking me, I am attacking no one. :)
I Love Bacon

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2014, 04:14:34 am »

I am laying out the facts in a scandal that has occured. You are attacking me, I am attacking no one. :)

Your presence in this forum is entirely about how terrible Zoe Quinn is, and it's apparently not the first forum you've registered on purely to attack her. What wrong has she done to you that you must do this?
I've played some mafia.

(int) magicMissile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2014, 04:17:01 am »

Your presence in this forum is entirely about how terrible Zoe Quinn is, and it's apparently not the first forum you've registered on purely to attack her. What wrong has she done to you that you must do this?

I actually registered to comment on the Masterwork mod. Please do not lie.

I am merely trying to assure a fair and equal distribution about the facts. Please inform me what is wrong with that?
I Love Bacon

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2014, 04:18:26 am »

* LordSlowpoke sips orange soda

ahh, personal attacks.

stay classy, cheeetar

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2014, 04:18:46 am »

'Allegedly' you are obsessing over somebody on the internet. 'Some people are saying' this is incredibly unhealthy behaviour and proof that you are not a nice person. 'Surveys show' that your previous posts are inconsequential (being that there were only 3 of them.) I'm simply asking: Why, and why here? Why go out of your way to do this on multiple forums?

ahh, personal attacks.

stay classy, cheeetar

Ah, because it's so much more classy to hate somebody I have never talked to and who has never interacted with me, yes?
I've played some mafia.

(int) magicMissile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2014, 04:22:34 am »

'Allegedly' you are obsessing over somebody on the internet. 'Some people are saying' this is incredibly unhealthy behaviour and proof that you are not a nice person. 'Surveys show' that your previous posts are inconsequential (being that there were only 3 of them.) I'm simply asking: Why, and why here? Why go out of your way to do this on multiple forums?

ahh, personal attacks.

stay classy, cheeetar

Ah, because it's so much more classy to hate somebody I have never talked to and who has never interacted with me, yes?

Because this seems to be the only place where I can actually post about the facts without being permanently banned? Please note in my RockPaperShotgun posts I try to make no mention of it, because every person I've heard of (no matter how polite the post) is permanently banned from there for being a "misogynist troll".

I don't hate anyone involved in this. I feel anger that a possible breach of ethics this large is going uninvestigated, but I don't hate anyone involved.
I Love Bacon

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2014, 04:23:23 am »

This breach of ethics being, what, a woman having sex with multiple people? What a scandal.
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9