Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 78

Author Topic: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Game Over: Town (+martyr) victory!  (Read 165645 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Finalizing roles and such.
« Reply #270 on: September 09, 2014, 06:30:28 pm »

Cheese
NQT: A SCUM IS YOU
DEFEND YOURSELF
I'm not, but my defence is: I'm not posting like half my brain has been eaten by parasitic wasps and I haven't claimed a non-town wincon, so on these fronts I'm coming out less scummy than almost half the players.

NQT is scum because reasons (actually, I just wanted to see his essay length responce for the bullshit accusation :P )
Sorry to disappoint.

4mask
To those asking questions about my wincon: I have no idea who I'm allied with.  I am a brother-ally, which is just... no.  I win if someone else wins, and their wincon requires someone else to win.  It's just... urk.
And do you intend to make yourself useful to the town?

However, now that Varee decided to jump on the "lynch 4mask" bandwagon, I guess I have my first target.
Varee: Do you have any other reason for voting me other than the fact that I claimed non-town?
Not only do you OMGUS the player who has a legitimate reason to vote you (you're not town!), it's a player that we should at least give a Day 1 benefit of the doubt and believe is town given the OP. Let's not turn this into that bloody school game where the only confirmed townie was lynched Day 1.

I have no idea.  I'm allied with the person who has the brother alignment, and they in turn are allied with the team of the person they are brother'd too.
The best way to confirm your story would be to kill you (and if you're telling the truth you might still win!)

Blitz
Everyone:What, exactly, are you expecting out of this game of Mafia?Reasons why?
I'm hoping to win through clever deduction and canny use of powers. I'm expecting to lose, as is my way. What are you expecting to get out of it?

TolyK
UI, U and I are bros.

Yup, but not you. Now I know the rest.
Are you claiming the Brother wincon? If not, what is your wincon?

Cheese
NotQuiteThere: Get your stat sheets out, sir or ma'am (I can't remember, sorry). What do they tell you?
I usually start doing the real analytical stuff on Day 2 when there's a complete day to work with and I'm definitely invested in the game. Right now though I'm classifying players into 'town', 'third-party', 'anti-town', 'insane'. I'm willing to believe Varee and TheDarkStar are most likely town as the best working explanation for the OP (okay, apparently TDS says it's not related to alignment at all), GayArchaea is probably town because they're a new player who spilled the town wincon verbatim with no prompting in their first post (and then claiming to need to survive as well isn't that unbelievable), I know I'm town. You, TolyK and Tiruin are mad, 4maskwolf is some flavour of non-town. Scum reads will come when there's more content.

What will happen if you don't say the 'p' word in every post?

GayArchaea, for some reason it's considered bad form to openly fish for people's roles. So your wincon is that Also, I believe someone submitted all the players in this game as roles, which means some poor sap has got the following:

notquitethere
(Auto) Impressive Loss Streak: You will lose the game.

Tiruin, do you intend to hunt scum during the day game?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 09, 2014, 06:49:10 pm »

@cheese
I dont think confirmed town really affects me in anyway seeing that half the time, people tend to not believe it...
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 09, 2014, 06:59:58 pm »

NQT: Just curious; what player-role did you get? If you don't want to tell (if you think it will reveal more than you want to), though, you don't have to. I'm not trying to rolefish.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 09, 2014, 07:12:09 pm »

Also, I believe someone submitted all the players in this game as roles, which means some poor sap has got the following:

notquitethere
(Auto) Impressive Loss Streak: You will lose the game.
While another player may have done that, some of my role submissions were bay12 names (not just current players).
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 09, 2014, 07:16:39 pm »

Question: are night actions limited to one per player per night or one per role per night?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 09, 2014, 07:44:10 pm »

Flabort: Can non-players do anything except vote for people and their ability use for wacky & hilarious reasons? May I scumhunt/lie copiously, for example?
This question was asked quite a few times.
Non-players can only vote, and vote on player X's role for the night. Other content is restricted to generic questions such as this, anything else by a non-player should be edited out.
I may have not clarified, but the player with the ability with green votes picks the target, not the non-players, though they do pick what the power does that night.

Jack A T, and anyone else with a post restriction:
Failing to complete your restriction will only result in some power loss until the next day, depending on the restriction; if it's not clarified, PM me. If you have EBWOP to include your post restriction, I will count that, but from now on I'm allowing an actual edit if you initially forgot if it's before someone else posts. AKA, if it's fast enough that the <last edited by PLAYER at:> text doesn't show up. Which is about a minute or two.

Mastahcheese:
Due to a glitch in the PM, I am letting the town know that your restriction was misinterpreted by the parser, not by you, and that la dee dah it will be different from now on due to correction.
Also, as requested, I have changed the title, I apologize for forgetting, but I was in a hurry this morning.

Flabort
Also, five?  Is five the number of members of the Mafia team?  Five non-town?  Five with wincons directly opposed to the town?
Five opposed to the town.

Dangit! That wasn't Preview! (Didn't mean to post, also meant to include vote-count so far)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 09, 2014, 08:43:36 pm »

Now would be a good time to inform everyone that there is another trolling [Shakeragian] power out there that affects the votes.

Votecount
4maskwolf (4) - Notquitethere, Varee, Persus, Persus
BlitzDungeoneer (5) - Persus, Cheeetar, 4maskwolf, 4maskwolf, 4maskwolf, 4maskwolf, 4maskwolf, 4maskwolf, Urist Imiknorris
GayArchaea (0) -
Jack A T (1) - Tiruin
Mastahcheese (0) -
Notquitethere (1) - Persus
Persus13 (0) -
SuperBlackCat (1) - Persus
TheDarkStar (1) - TolyK
TheWetSheep (0) -
Tiruin (2) - Persus, Urist Imiknorris
Toaster (1) - GayArchaea
TolyK (1) - Shakerag
Urist Imiknorris (1) - Jack A T
Varee (1) - Jack A T

Day ends Friday, Sept 12, approximately 7:00 PM (72 hours from this post).
The Cyan Menace

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Day 1: The tournement of rocks and cards.
« Reply #277 on: September 09, 2014, 08:47:17 pm »

Interesting...

I see Persus with five votes (3 normal), Jack AT with 2 (one normal), and 4maskwolf with 6 votes. Does unvoting move them?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 09, 2014, 08:54:13 pm »

Um, I'm no longer voting SBC and am currently voting TolyK instead.

So if this is what I think it is, then my SBC vote should be in yellow, and my TolyK vote should be normal.

Interesting...

I see Persus with five votes (3 normal), Jack AT with 2 (one normal), and 4maskwolf with 6 votes. Does unvoting move them?
From what I can tell, your second to last vote counts, as well as your current vote, since normally 4maskwolf wouldn't be voting anyone and his other votes haven't shown up.

Anyway, this seems easily beaten by having people vote then unvote in the same post.

Unvote, to test.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 09, 2014, 08:58:11 pm »

@_@
This is awesome.

Thanks someone for day targeting me. The agenda is forwarded.

Also...err, I've taken the liberty to recolor an association I'm unsure of, Flabort

Now would be a good time to inform everyone that there is another trolling [Shakeragian] power out there that affects the votes.

Votecount
4maskwolf (4) - Notquitethere, Varee, Persus, Persus
BlitzDungeoneer (5) - Persus, Cheeetar, 4maskwolf, 4maskwolf, 4maskwolf, 4maskwolf, 4maskwolf, 4maskwolf, Urist Imiknorris
GayArchaea (0) -
Jack A T (1) - Tiruin
Mastahcheese (0) -
Notquitethere (1) - Persus
Persus13 (0) -
SuperBlackCat (1) - Persus
TheDarkStar (1) - TolyK
TheWetSheep (0) -
Tiruin (2) - Persus, Urist Imiknorris
Toaster (1) - GayArchaea
TolyK (1) - Shakerag
Urist Imiknorris (1) - Jack A T
Varee (1) - Jack A T

Day ends Friday, Sept 12, approximately 7:00 PM (72 hours from this post).

I believe the usage of a power dictates the mod announce something relevant to it--query: Flabort: In full honor as a Mod and in this game, are you explicitly bound to tell the truth or withhold it in compromisable situations of another's role? [Err, those are both connected, I'm basically saying 'Is the Mod's words fully believable? Wherein the only deviances occur in interpretation?']

Tiruin, do you intend to hunt scum during the day game?
...You're joking, aren't you :V
OH NO I DIDN'T!
Unvote

NQT
: What is your perception of me, as I am, currently?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 09, 2014, 09:08:25 pm »

I'm not sure what you're asking, Tiruin.

Are you asking me about those non-player votes? It was in the start-of-day-1 post. Non-players may vote in pink.

Are you asking if I'm allowed to lie?
Only if a role forces me to, such as in the case of insane investigation results.

Are you asking if I'm allowed to ommit the truth?
As long as something is secret, I won't be allowed to tell it. That role affects the votecounts, so I can't hide that the votecounts are changed.

Are you asking why I revealed that it is a [shakeragian] role?
Well, anyone could guess that it's a shakeragian power, since no other kind of power is as likely to cause global effects as this.
The Cyan Menace

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 09, 2014, 09:11:08 pm »

Are you asking if I'm allowed to lie?
Only if a role forces me to, such as in the case of insane investigation results.

Are you asking if I'm allowed to ommit the truth?
As long as something is secret, I won't be allowed to tell it. That role affects the votecounts, so I can't hide that the votecounts are changed.
These's! :D
Thanks.

ALSO YOU'RE A FISH, AND...YOU ARE STRESSED!

Hmph :I
Right, anyway, so in lieu of general understanding, here's a general query.
Everyone: Do you think it right to claim who submitted the extra roles (as in, those who submitted the roles > 2?), due to it...in my opinion, having no impact on the game at all? (due to abilities being Flabort-assigned, instead, the ones who've submitted what and which have no connection as either scum or town due to pre-game status?)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 09, 2014, 09:21:44 pm »

Everyone: Do you think it right to claim who submitted the extra roles (as in, those who submitted the roles > 2?), due to it...in my opinion, having no impact on the game at all? (due to abilities being Flabort-assigned, instead, the ones who've submitted what and which have no connection as either scum or town due to pre-game status?)

Because otherwise people can simply steal other people's claims, I suggest that we only describe unclaimed roles generally/using paraphrasing, and only claim submission when someone has claimed having that role.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 09, 2014, 10:18:37 pm »

Hey I'm here... YAY!!!

Before we start, could people clarify what the hell shakeragian, and bay12 and whatever means?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 09, 2014, 11:30:28 pm »

Cheese my boy... I'm claiming that U and I are unkillable just because it's fun.

Ask Tiruin, she'll say nearly the same thing.

If someone indeed challenged U and I, I would laugh and U would mock that person. You can't really kill us, even thrice.

And NQT, the possibility that our role is "brother" is fairly high...

Considering that U and I know exactly who the brother is!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 78