Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 78

Author Topic: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Game Over: Town (+martyr) victory!  (Read 167793 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Day 1: The tournement of rocks and cards.
« Reply #390 on: September 11, 2014, 10:50:41 am »

I don't have laces on my shoes ._.

And it's not like I did anythind untowards to you, Tiru, I only got three of your powers, I don't know the rest of them.
It was before the game began, don't look at me like that!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 11, 2014, 10:51:56 am »

TolyK:
Also, don't lynch UI unless there is no other target.

I say he's a perfectly cromulent target.  That said, no sense going all single-minded on him.

Persus:  Ignoring UI for a moment, who is the scummiest person in the game and why?  Haven't seen much out of you yet.

TheDarkStar:  Similarly, there's lots of discussion of setup from you, and not much hunting of scum.  Are you using your supposed confirmed town status to avoid having to hunt scum?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 11, 2014, 10:55:14 am »

Do you know the precise terms and conditions of his unwinnability?
Yeah, no.  Quit fishing, you.  Also, you didn't answer my six votes attatched question.  All of the votes  stay.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 11, 2014, 10:57:02 am »

And it's not like I did anythind untowards to you, Tiru, I only got three of your powers, I don't know the rest of them.
It was before the game began, don't look at me like that!
Mmmm, yeah, I didn't feel like it was anything day-actiony, but considering the state of how I understand roles and their distribution--those three powers, may I have vague hints as to what they are connected to? The role, that is?
Because I'm confused. I only sent in two roles--knowing how I understood it, those roles cannot be distributed as they are not extras.

LAUNCH THE CRUSADE, SWING YOUR SWORD HIGH. PRAISE THE LORD. YOUR SOCK HAS A HOLE IN IT.

Next, are those roles human? I'm sure that in memory, this precludes any kind of hilarious role that lets you copy/steal powers because 'knowledge of whole name or near details', hence why I poke on vagueness.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 11, 2014, 11:00:13 am »

4mask, given he's publicly stated his wincon and it's been said that I can't win currently, it seems logical to me to see how it could turn into a win-win situation. For everyone who's not scummy scummy scum.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 11, 2014, 11:06:48 am »

How'd you know about the hole in my sock?

@Tiruin: Trust me, and understand the power of true names of roles, I... Have some experience there. (It's actually the whole reason I can day inspect, to be honest. I'm abusing the capibility of a couple different powers. Theoretically, I can do anything if I'm clever enough.)
But as for which they are, so you know.
I can't vote, but you can.
You should be able to figure that one out, and the other two stem from the same role. (I got it by role, so the powers attached to such are what they are.)
That's why you got the memo, as well.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 11, 2014, 11:45:09 am »

So sad we can't hammer Urist Imiknorris.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 11, 2014, 12:46:58 pm »

Persus
Seriously, are you going to justify your broad spread of votes or not?
Huh? Can you clarify?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 11, 2014, 01:21:25 pm »

Shakerag is clearly obviously self-evidently blatantly bandwagoning nonplayer scum.

NQT:
Urist
I'll say you were getting offensive alright. An accusation of jesterhood is not an appropriate response to a vote, regardless of its substance (or lack thereof).
I wasn't asking her that because she'd voted me. Tiruin asked to be nightkilled at least once in her little outbursts, in light of this my question was appropriate. Do you disagree?
Considering a Jester wins by being lynched, not NK'd, I do disagree.

As for alternate lynches, Toaster and Jack are both taking the effortless+semi-justifiable route, with Toaster even going so far as to ignore the defense (which is absolutely never the right thing to do), and I'm still suspicious of you for that overreaction.

Tiruin:
Hold up, the scum already know who's not scum. I'm sure between us, we've got enough powers to protect anyone you call out as town. What do other players think about this?
I am...wary.
With 5 non-town (mafia-brother, as I've heard? The lyncher, and the 3-manteam as far as I read?), we've got 2 CONFIRMED town. This could be balanced by 'ohey high-powered FUNFUNFUN' but...I'd rather not. Also waiting on Cheese.
There's a brother floating around, and 4maskwolf is a brother-ally. Additionally, I rather doubt that I count among the five, as my wincon in no way matches up to the given flavor for them.

4mask:
Urist Urist Urist Urist Urist Urist, why shouldn't we lynch you right now?
Remember when I asked TolyK if any of his roles contained wikipedia links? Here, have a taste: As long as I'm alive, any player with a wikipedia link in their role is bulletproof.

Also, lynching me would provide far less useful information with which to build suspicions. (because the lynch would be based entirely on a known premise, instead of requiring a case formed from hunting)

Persus: I think he's demanding that you explain why you've got six votes up on the board, despite you already explaining that you have three votes and the mod explaining that prior votes count.

TolyK: Jesus, that's a hell of an auto. Would you like me to remove a random power from you tonight?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 11, 2014, 01:35:48 pm »

There's a brother floating around, and 4maskwolf is a brother-ally. Additionally, I rather doubt that I count among the five, as my wincon in no way matches up to the given flavor for them.
Quote from: Town Wincon
You win when all anti-Town factions are dead. (Mafia, Cult, SK, Lyncher, and Assassin)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Finalizing roles and such.
« Reply #400 on: September 11, 2014, 01:36:27 pm »

Toaster:
Persus:
Toaster: Do you think Varee and TheDarkStar are actually town?

I'm not buying them as 100% confirmed just yet.

Can they be the same three people?  Can one be yourself?  If you change one, can you keep the other two the same?
I have to vote 2-3 people. I think I could vote myself, but I don't really know. I can check that in a second. If I change one, I can keep the others the same, but I have to revote them in that particular post.

Persus:  Ignoring UI for a moment, who is the scummiest person in the game and why?  Haven't seen much out of you yet.
Likely Varee, for a reason I'll go into more detail once he answers my question.

Varee:
Some real question, what do you guys think about a no lynch d1 on a game with this scale, for me it will be pretty sad if someone get kill before they can try flabort crazy roles, also i believe that there a lot of info to be gain in the night anyway so a lynch is less important? Well i kinda not like lynch in the first place so opinions?
No lynch D1? This game might be for fun, but winning it is still a goal.

Can you describe your power that reveals your alignment more thoroughly?

4maskwolf:
Persus13: Thought I was out of votes?  You thought wrong.  Do you personally think Varee and TDS are confirmed?
No. But I am giving them a greater benefit of the doubt then other players.

I happen to have knowledge of two more categories of roles in existence: one because I have one, and one because one of my powers references it.  These are, in no particular order, Elemental and Bay12er.
I was also aware of those categories.

Also, NQT: I have a hypothesis since Urist Imiknorris claimed lyncher.  If he's telling the truth, then unless there are two scum then I am pro-town, or at least neutral, because if I were evil then my ally, the brother, would have to be evil as well.  Two scum seems like an extremely small number in a game of 13 players, particularly with the roles being as powerful as they are.  As such, I would posit that the five anti-town are Urist Imiknorris and four scum.
Why four scum, not 3 scum and an SK?

Jack A T:
Persus13: How do you intend to use your many votes?  Can you see any situations where this ability may be beneficial?
I'll likely put two votes on my top suspect, and one on my second one. I can see my vote being useful in preventing a mislynch in a close situation by voting the person I think is scum with two votes and voting someone else who isn't getting votes with my other vote. Although one vote seems to be stuck to SBC.

GayArchaea
I believe someone a while back asked about my previous Mafia experience. this is my first online mafia, but I had offline experience a few years ago.

Before anyone asks, my wincon is that all anti-town factions are dead.

Toaster, What roles did you submit?
Welcome to Mafia, you basically chose to jump off the deep end before learning to swim, but here's some tips.

Ask lots of questions, if you see something strange, poke at it, and defending yourself isn't bad, its when you over defend yourself at the expense of hunting scum.

Also, asking what roles people submitted is generally a bad idea, and is called rolefishing.

Mastahcheese:
Persus13: How many times would you have to get shot in the face before you started to get worried?
Uh, what are you trying to ask. I don't think I'd be alive after getting shot in the face.

Tiruin:
Everyone: Do you think it right to claim who submitted the extra roles (as in, those who submitted the roles > 2?), due to it...in my opinion, having no impact on the game at all? (due to abilities being Flabort-assigned, instead, the ones who've submitted what and which have no connection as either scum or town due to pre-game status?)
No, as it still has a small effect on what people will claim. I think claiming this around mass claim time would be more appropriate.

Apparently SBC is an anti-voter? TWS is at -1.
SBC posted?

SPELLING IS HARD. HARD IS SPELLING.
He's posted a few times, but they've all been pretty short. I'm more interested in the fact that he never voted.

Everyone: I just read through the thread, and my TolyK went to SBC instead, while SBC hasn't voted in game, and he currently is recorded as inverse voting TWS. Anyone have an idea what's behind that?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Finalizing roles and such.
« Reply #401 on: September 11, 2014, 01:40:04 pm »

Also, NQT: I have a hypothesis since Urist Imiknorris claimed lyncher.  If he's telling the truth, then unless there are two scum then I am pro-town, or at least neutral, because if I were evil then my ally, the brother, would have to be evil as well.  Two scum seems like an extremely small number in a game of 13 players, particularly with the roles being as powerful as they are.  As such, I would posit that the five anti-town are Urist Imiknorris and four scum.
Why four scum, not 3 scum and an SK?
sk's count as scum in my book.  I'm just making the point of why I think I'm at least neutral to the town.

It's going to suck if the brother is brother to a survivor, and I'm allied to him, and then the survivor dies and we both lose.

4mask:
Urist Urist Urist Urist Urist Urist, why shouldn't we lynch you right now?
Remember when I asked TolyK if any of his roles contained wikipedia links? Here, have a taste: As long as I'm alive, any player with a wikipedia link in their role is bulletproof.
unvote all, Blitz Blitz TolyK TolyK 4mask 4mask, unvote all

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 11, 2014, 01:40:46 pm »

PFP
Urist Imiknorris: Is what you said to 4mask true? Because my roles had Wikipedia links...
Tiruin: From what I know, you are at least somewhat experienced with Mafia. What are your reads on anybody who's posted so far?
mastahcheese: I am okay with being outed, yes. Am I replying correctly?

Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 11, 2014, 01:42:30 pm »

Tiruin: From what I know, you are at least somewhat experienced with Mafia.
Tiruin was the mod of my first BM, my first ever game of mafia.  I'd say she's a little more than "somewhat experienced".

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 11, 2014, 01:49:17 pm »

Tiruin: From what I know, you are at least somewhat experienced with Mafia.
Tiruin was the mod of my first BM, my first ever game of mafia.  I'd say she's a little more than "somewhat experienced".
Figured as much, but didn't want to assume.
Also, I'm not entirely sure how you expected me to know that, but yeah, sure.
Allow me to rephrase that.
Tiruin: As a very experience player, what are your reads in everyone so far?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 78