Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 78

Author Topic: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Game Over: Town (+martyr) victory!  (Read 168282 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Day 1: The tournement of rocks and cards.
« Reply #405 on: September 11, 2014, 01:50:20 pm »

Urist I:
Toaster even going so far as to ignore the defense

Since when is "TolyK's posting style is crap" and "he MIGHT not be town" a defense?  Yes, I saw his "must live" conditioning, but that does NOT equate Survivor if he still needs a town win.  Plus, he just scaled back the RP several notches.

You (as claimed) only become town if someone kills TolyK in the night which your own abilities might prevent, and I believe he said he couldn't die this cycle anyway, so it'd be at best D3 before you're actually a townie.  Why not just lynch you now and remove any worry about it?

4mask:
There's a brother floating around, and 4maskwolf is a brother-ally. Additionally, I rather doubt that I count among the five, as my wincon in no way matches up to the given flavor for them.
Quote from: Town Wincon
You win when all anti-Town factions are dead. (Mafia, Cult, SK, Lyncher, and Assassin)

I pointed that out and it didn't make much difference to him.

4mask:
Urist Urist Urist Urist Urist Urist, why shouldn't we lynch you right now?
Remember when I asked TolyK if any of his roles contained wikipedia links? Here, have a taste: As long as I'm alive, any player with a wikipedia link in their role is bulletproof.
unvote all, Blitz Blitz TolyK TolyK 4mask 4mask, unvote all

And you believe him?  Just like that?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Finalizing roles and such.
« Reply #406 on: September 11, 2014, 01:51:18 pm »

Le Post.
Persus
Mastahcheese:
Persus13: How many times would you have to get shot in the face before you started to get worried?
Uh, what are you trying to ask. I don't think I'd be alive after getting shot in the face.
You can't survive getting shot in the face?
You won't last long here.

Blitz
mastahcheese: I am okay with being outed, yes. Am I replying correctly?
Yeah, you are.
If I inspect you and you're good, I'll say so.

That makes pretty everybody who's replied to it say yes.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 11, 2014, 01:55:20 pm »

TolyK: Jesus, that's a hell of an auto. Would you like me to remove a random power from you tonight?
Uh... No?
It probably wouldn't work, in any case, and I don't really want to risk losing anything else that's good.

Of course, it's your choice, but since you asked. :p

Also, Persus, your what? Vote on me?

Everyone: I just read through the thread, and my TolyK went to SBC instead, while SBC hasn't voted in game, and he currently is recorded as inverse voting TWS. Anyone have an idea what's behind that?

TolyK's mine, not yours.
Yeah, he belongs to U and I.

Either way, I don't think I have anything affecting votes in my arsenal...

Also. Abysmally useless ability ftw 😤
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 11, 2014, 01:58:15 pm »

I hate this.

Well, to be fair, my ability only let me see a random auto of yours, and it just so happened to be the one that let me know you were telling the truth.
As opposed to, say, the one that makes you invulnerable, that I was hoping to see.
The Derail Thread

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 11, 2014, 01:58:57 pm »

Also, Persus, your what? Vote on me?
That would be correct. Perhaps SBC has a vote magnet ability or something.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 11, 2014, 02:00:24 pm »

Hey, wait a second.
Unvote

Does that make a "past vote" on TDS, even though I can't vote?

Votecount, I want to see this.
The Derail Thread

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 11, 2014, 02:26:36 pm »

Toaster:
Urist I:

Since when is "TolyK's posting style is crap" and "he MIGHT not be town" a defense?  Yes, I saw his "must live" conditioning, but that does NOT equate Survivor if he still needs a town win.  Plus, he just scaled back the RP several notches.
Since when if "assume the lynchee is town" an attack?

As for the surviving being a detriment to his hunting, it is only natural that he not want to be mafiakilled, which would lead to him not doing things that could attract the mafiakill (like, for instance, being a pain in the mafia's ass) But that seems to be irrelevant anyway, as his auto-loss would appear to be the actual cause of the survivor-hint.

You (as claimed) only become town if someone kills TolyK in the night which your own abilities might prevent, and I believe he said he couldn't die this cycle anyway, so it'd be at best D3 before you're actually a townie.  Why not just lynch you now and remove any worry about it?
TolyK already stated that none of his roles had wikipedia links. Besides, I can test his invulnerability, and considering his answer to my question, plan to do so.

As for why you shouldn't lynch me now, it's quite simply because lynching mafia now would be more beneficial to the town. So, a question to you: Who do you think is actual scum, and why aren't you pressing them?

4mask:
There's a brother floating around, and 4maskwolf is a brother-ally. Additionally, I rather doubt that I count among the five, as my wincon in no way matches up to the given flavor for them.
Quote from: Town Wincon
You win when all anti-Town factions are dead. (Mafia, Cult, SK, Lyncher, and Assassin)

I pointed that out and it didn't make much difference to him.
Because I'm not arguing from the perspective of the alignment list. I'm arguing from the D1 opening flavor, which stated there were five who wanted to, and I quote, "take all the stones for themselves, and every pack in the pile," which, as that is rather far from my wincon, makes me doubt I am one of them.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 11, 2014, 02:27:48 pm »

pfp votecount when I get home and have my whiteboard
hate full-time
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 11, 2014, 02:39:53 pm »

Gee, I want a whiteboard at home!

U too.

And I don't really give a hoot about the scum kill.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 11, 2014, 02:41:46 pm »

Urist I:
Toaster:
Urist I:

Since when if "assume the lynchee is town" an attack?

It's not, but that's not why I'm voting you.  I'm voting you because you're directly opposed to my wincon, and I don't have enough trust in you to keep you around.

Also, you didn't actually respond to my attack on your argument.

As for why you shouldn't lynch me now, it's quite simply because lynching mafia now would be more beneficial to the town. So, a question to you: Who do you think is actual scum, and why aren't you pressing them?

I don't really believe you.

I think you're actual scum, but I define "scum" as anyone anti-town, which includes lynchers.  Assuming you meant who I think is Mafia, I'm still working on sussing that out, hence me opening lines on Persus and TDS.

Because I'm not arguing from the perspective of the alignment list. I'm arguing from the D1 opening flavor, which stated there were five who wanted to, and I quote, "take all the stones for themselves, and every pack in the pile," which, as that is rather far from my wincon, makes me doubt I am one of them.

I find arguments from flavor far-fetched, but I'll indulge you for a second.

Flabort:  Does flavor have any impact on gameplay?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 11, 2014, 04:51:06 pm »

Toaster:

TolyK:
Also, don't lynch UI unless there is no other target.

I say he's a perfectly cromulent target.  That said, no sense going all single-minded on him.

Persus:  Ignoring UI for a moment, who is the scummiest person in the game and why?  Haven't seen much out of you yet.

TheDarkStar:  Similarly, there's lots of discussion of setup from you, and not much hunting of scum.  Are you using your supposed confirmed town status to avoid having to hunt scum?

I've been gone for about a day and a half because I kept getting 504s from trying to access the forums. I haven't scumhunted much because I haven't posted much. My question to you is why you're changing the focus from your scumminess/not scumminess to other people.

flabort:

Question: are night actions limited to one per player per night or one per role per night?

Requoting.

Everyone:

To sum up the last several pages, UI is a lyncher whose target can't die of lynching right now because of UI's role, 4maskwolf is a daycop (feel free to reveal me as town if you check me), toaster is also suspected (Why? Summarize it please.), TolyK has an awful post restriction, and mastahcheese has an even worse post restriction. Also, did I miss any other questions directed at me?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 11, 2014, 04:59:35 pm »

Tiruin:
Hold up, the scum already know who's not scum. I'm sure between us, we've got enough powers to protect anyone you call out as town. What do other players think about this?
I am...wary.
With 5 non-town (mafia-brother, as I've heard? The lyncher, and the 3-manteam as far as I read?), we've got 2 CONFIRMED town. This could be balanced by 'ohey high-powered FUNFUNFUN' but...I'd rather not. Also waiting on Cheese.
I think I'm missing something but when was that stated?
THIS IS NOT FUN

Everyone:

To sum up the last several pages, UI is a lyncher whose target can't die of lynching right now because of UI's role, 4maskwolf is a daycop (feel free to reveal me as town if you check me), toaster is also suspected (Why? Summarize it please.), TolyK has an awful post restriction, and mastahcheese has an even worse post restriction. Also, did I miss any other questions directed at me?
I'm not even considered?

PFP

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 11, 2014, 05:26:49 pm »

Tiruin:
Hold up, the scum already know who's not scum. I'm sure between us, we've got enough powers to protect anyone you call out as town. What do other players think about this?
I am...wary.
With 5 non-town (mafia-brother, as I've heard? The lyncher, and the 3-manteam as far as I read?), we've got 2 CONFIRMED town. This could be balanced by 'ohey high-powered FUNFUNFUN' but...I'd rather not. Also waiting on Cheese.
I think I'm missing something but when was that stated?
THIS IS NOT FUN

Everyone:

I'm not even considered?

PFP

I missed that. What is it about you that happened?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 11, 2014, 05:41:20 pm »

Nope.

4mask isn't the day cop, I'm the day cop.

*Bops TDS*
The Derail Thread

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 11, 2014, 05:47:05 pm »

Nope.

4mask isn't the day cop, I'm the day cop.

*Bops TDS*

*is bopped*

Whoops.

4mask is has 6 (x2) votes.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 78