Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78

Author Topic: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Game Over: Town (+martyr) victory!  (Read 165631 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Game Over: Town (+martyr) victory!
« Reply #1140 on: October 08, 2014, 08:41:52 am »

Also, Flabort, what would've happened if I had gotten the role "you win on day three"? XD
It would have been "Your role changes to martyr, and every other player kills you immediately"

I could recompile them from this list that I linked in the ending of night post:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F2IWU8hwCD0JJF_PbC1S3iqmJ_TvfQd6z9dmlkazXx8/edit?usp=sharing
But that would take some time. Precisely 3 hours and 42 minutes if there are no IRL interruptions, in fact. Er... subtracting time to not include those comments on the roles.... Meh. 3 hours.
Too much work for tonight, but maybe later.
What would the Homestuck [keys] role have done to anyone?
Also woah, someone submitted me as a role ._.
thanks
Same thing, basically, as what happened to Mastahcheese during the final night: he would have gained an ability. Except, it would have been part of a role, and it would have been related to that role.

A gender-specific role sounds exactly like the sort of thing you'd come up with. :P You have to admit that bit, at least.
And exactly the sort of thing I'd end up copying off you. :P
It was a balance attempt in a game where the theme was "trading and copying powers".

Just to note, the (Unusable) Luckiest-Son-of-a-gun ability. I was thinking that if anyone ever targeted TolyK with an ability that uses a random night action, it would work despite being "unusable". Or if TolyK ever got his hands on the Mod-Kill-Laser-Rifle, he could use Reload to make it usable.
But there wasn't enough ability trading; I should have given more, because less then I intended was used. :P
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: October 08, 2014, 08:56:22 am »

A gender-specific role sounds exactly like the sort of thing you'd come up with. :P You have to admit that bit, at least.
And exactly the sort of thing I'd end up copying off you. :P
It was a balance attempt in a game where the theme was "trading and copying powers".
So I was a living Shakeragian party box to pick and put powers from given that I couldn't use any power while still alive O_o?
Oh weird. But fun. Would do again.

I can imagine the workload you had to do for...all. Those. Roles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: October 08, 2014, 09:03:55 am »

Because I never got to Stoke the Shakeforge.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: October 08, 2014, 09:08:19 am »

For the record, my role was awesome; Stoke Shakeforge is the best rolename ever.
Amusingly, I was thinking that before I read down to your post.  I need to appropriate that phrase for -something- in the future. 

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: October 08, 2014, 09:09:25 am »

I just wish I could have blown some people up.

For the record, my role was awesome; Stoke Shakeforge is the best rolename ever.
Amusingly, I was thinking that before I read down to your post.  I need to appropriate that phrase for -something- in the future. 
Submission for BYOR14: The BYOR14 Role that Stokes the Shakeforge.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: October 08, 2014, 09:12:10 am »

I submitted the Tiruin role. And I got it, and it was really nice because without it I would have died Day 1.

Spoiler: Original Role (click to show/hide)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: October 08, 2014, 09:14:05 am »

It was a bit tough on the scum team, this game: Cheese and I were both almost-unkillable vigilante cops with multiple actions per phase.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: October 08, 2014, 09:17:34 am »

If you had inspected me, you would have gotten "NQT is mafia."  It may have set off warning bells, but it wouldn't have told you directly.

A small team is always vulnerable to random mishaps (UI's bomb).  Had I been able to really start hitting people with Conspiracy Nut (also great naming there) then that would limit town's power, since so few people had no Shakeragian roles.

EDIT:  Also, I'd soon be able to revive a lot.

EDIT2:  Also also, I could have started self-lynching and reviving off the gained Liquid Shakerags, which would have been just hilarious.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: October 08, 2014, 09:35:41 am »

A few more points:

Day 1 lasted 54/77 pages. Maybe there should be more limits on extensions? (Maybe, no extensions on Day 1?)

I'm glad no one noticed my careful not-quite-lies:

1. Someone has a power that will screw with the truth value of info you get from powers, so my advice is that if you're using Inspects etc, only bother if they're definitely infallible.
This 'someone' was myself. I even tried to get that power back after losing it (because it allowed me to get rid of people's votes).

2. There's a role called Mute (I believe Varee submitted it). Whoever has it can prevent players from voting. The same person was most likely responsible for killing some peoples powers today.
Here what I was saying was technically true but phrased to be misleading. There was a role called mute. Whoever had it wasn't able to vote. I happened to be the person that had it and I could also (from an unrelated role) prevent players from voting, and I was in fact responsible for getting rid of Wolf's and Tiruin's votes. I was concerned about there being someone else who could gain new roles like I could, or steal roles if they knew the name, so I tried to trick players (hopefully scum) into taking Mute.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: October 08, 2014, 10:15:12 am »

Scum could indeed remove votes!  But only obviously doing it.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: October 08, 2014, 03:36:36 pm »

Welp.

I was a bad guy.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: October 08, 2014, 04:03:38 pm »

And I was indirectly a good guy. Funny how that works.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

GayArchaea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: October 08, 2014, 04:06:55 pm »

Overall, my only regret was that I didn't make a convincing argument for reviving me.

So day 2 we lynched the one who got Ebola, I believed I killed 4maskwolf because I thought a lynch would be wasted on him.

Note to self: Don't be afraid of a little bandwagoning. so you don't end up with a disaster like reply #1097.
Also do not imply, drop anvils.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: October 08, 2014, 04:13:49 pm »

Dropping anvils is always the best choice.

Which is why I tried to make my "subtle" clues to Tiruin as blatantly obvious as I could. :P
Which I still did an awful job at...
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: October 08, 2014, 04:38:20 pm »

Well, it seems that I should have arson'd everyone.

My original role:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So yeah, I made up a bunch of stuff during the game about what I could/couldn't do.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78