Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 292

Author Topic: The Abusive Policing Thread: Beyond Brown, No Justice  (Read 367881 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: The Abusive Policing Thread: Beyond Brown, No Justice
« Reply #2460 on: September 07, 2018, 09:50:59 pm »

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/07/645637404/dallas-police-officer-kills-man-in-his-apartment-says-she-thought-it-was-her-hom

So were walking into peoples homes and gunning them down now?
Unfortunately,  sounds like it. At least they aren't bashing the victim (in this article).
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: September 08, 2018, 12:28:39 am »

Holy crap that's horrific and a senseless waste of human life. Man, she can't have given him much warning before shooting, or she should definitely have noticed that the furniture or something was different.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: September 08, 2018, 12:44:23 am »

Not that this is anything too terribly new... the only thing different about it is she was off-duty and thought it was her own home.

There have been many cases of police responding to emergency calls, showing up at the wrong address, and killing someone.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: September 08, 2018, 12:45:59 am »

See, it's the guy's fault for allowing himself to enter the sight line of a police officer without being on the ground, in handcuffs.

I have a terrible feeling that poe's law applies to what I just said, against all reason. So that's not being serious.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: September 08, 2018, 06:02:56 am »

That's been proven to be insufficient, too, though :-\

Think the only 100% guarantee we've seen that a (US) cop won't kill you is to already be dead before they get there.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 06:04:44 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: September 08, 2018, 06:08:11 am »

I'd bet money on that drug test coming back positive too.

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/07/645637404/dallas-police-officer-kills-man-in-his-apartment-says-she-thought-it-was-her-hom

So were walking into peoples homes and gunning them down now?
Unfortunately,  sounds like it. At least they aren't bashing the victim (in this article).

Not bashing him? They're practically a call to pope away from canonising him.

Not that this is anything too terribly new... the only thing different about it is she was off-duty and thought it was her own home.

There have been many cases of police responding to emergency calls, showing up at the wrong address, and killing someone.

This is do much unlike mistakes being made in the face of an emergency that I can't even begin to describe the differences. This is so much worse.
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: September 08, 2018, 06:17:36 am »

Let's be honest here... This is about how he always one-ups her with delicious homecooked meals at the apartment building potluck that's just eeeverybody's favorite every damn time, and those ridiculous luxury welcome mats and antique door decorations that he puts out like it's nothing and he doesn't mean anything by it. Well it means something to me, Botham!

"Howdy neighbor!"

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: September 08, 2018, 08:00:27 am »

Apartment Guy was no angel. After all, he existed while black in the newly claimed home of Our Protector, blessed be they. She feared for her life, just trying to go home to spend her kid's birthday money on buying cheap blow from the evidence locker guard and intimidate gas station attendants for a deserved Patriot Discount.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: September 08, 2018, 08:21:35 am »

I can't believe this dangerous animal would throw himself in front of a police officer's bullets like that. Goes to show how dangerous life can be for the police.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: September 08, 2018, 10:27:52 am »

Let's be honest here... This is about how he always one-ups her with delicious homecooked meals at the apartment building potluck that's just eeeverybody's favorite every damn time, and those ridiculous luxury welcome mats and antique door decorations that he puts out like it's nothing and he doesn't mean anything by it. Well it means something to me, Botham!

"Howdy neighbor!"
I can't believe this dangerous animal would throw himself in front of a police officer's bullets like that. Goes to show how dangerous life can be for the police.
The worst part is, I have seen arguments like this. Used sincerely and unironically. Some people honestly believe that the police can do nothing wrong. :(
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: September 08, 2018, 04:06:20 pm »

That's been proven to be insufficient, too, though :-\

Think the only 100% guarantee we've seen that a (US) cop won't kill you is to already be dead before they get there.

I originally wrote "on the ground, in handcuffs, with bullet holes already in him" but I felt it didn't flow as well and omitted the last bit. :v
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: September 10, 2018, 06:29:25 pm »

Don't worry, she's going to prison for manslaughter at least.  Possibly more, they're doing an investigation.

The only thing this has to do with "police brutality" is what they do to police in prison, but don't let that stop the fun.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: September 10, 2018, 06:36:35 pm »

Don't worry, she's going free when she goes before the police union judge and he throws out all the evidence, then overturns the guilty verdict in favor of psychiatric treatment in the Bahamas.

This pig won't be caged.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: September 10, 2018, 10:05:02 pm »

They uh, apparently used to date?

I don't remember Dallas being such a dark and terrible place, what the fuck happened guys?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: September 10, 2018, 10:10:12 pm »

Probably just a rumor:

In the days since Jean’s death, rumors swirled on social media after a photo surfaced from Jean’s Instagram account showing him pictured, smiling, with three other women.

Many have stated that one of the women in the photo was Guyger, but that rumor was shot down after Jean’s former employer, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, LLC, told The Dallas Morning News that the women were colleagues of Jean’s.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 292