Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 292

Author Topic: The Abusive Policing Thread: Beyond Brown, No Justice  (Read 363777 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: The Abusive Policing Thread: Beyond Brown, No Justice
« Reply #2595 on: October 06, 2019, 06:21:43 am »

Not sure where it's coming from, but folks seem to be saying the guy was shot in the mouth, too. If true that makes it real fucking clear what the motive behind the murder was. Even odds the cops barely even try to find out who did it, though :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: October 06, 2019, 09:17:08 am »

It's hard to be skeptical after the you-know-who murder.  They must figure it's masks off now.
Shoes...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: October 06, 2019, 09:27:06 am »

You'd think they would do the hit (if it even IS that) before the guy testified, but obviously that would make it even more suspicious.

It's still really suspicious though....

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: October 06, 2019, 09:31:33 am »

It's not suspicious at all. The police tracked him down and shot him in the mouth. Simple as that.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: October 06, 2019, 01:42:31 pm »

Also, the woman who recorded the aftermath of the shooting got fired from her job because people were calling them about her so they were all "meh, not our problem".

And for some reason, stripped her of her professional credentials? I feel like she could fight that part at least.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: October 07, 2019, 09:51:29 am »

Also, the woman who recorded the aftermath of the shooting got fired from her job because people were calling them about her so they were all "meh, not our problem".

And for some reason, stripped her of her professional credentials? I feel like she could fight that part at least.

Even worse...

The witness has been identified only as Bunny and has stated that she recorded Guyger on her cellphone after hearing the fatal shots and Botham asking Guyger why did you shoot me. That video was seized by prosecutors and has not been seen by the public. In addition, she was placed under a gag order by the prosecution and cannot discuss the details of the video in public.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: October 07, 2019, 10:24:16 am »

I'd be surprised at all, but I remember seeing one of my neighbors drug out of his home and thrown to his knees (handcuffed) in his front yard by 3 pigs. I heard the shots as I went down the block. He had been found innocent in court, so they tied up a loose end. Cops are sore losers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: October 08, 2019, 10:42:42 am »

The Josh brown thing is apparently stickier than first apparent.  He was shot at a nightclub a few years ago, apparently by someone with an old grudge. It sounds like the fear of getting shot he talked about was that whoever this guy was, he'd see him on TV at the trial and come back.  Then sure enough he gets shot a few days later.

Occams razor says that's the most likely case, but it sure is convenient, and the mouth thing is hard to misinterpret.
Shoes...

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: October 08, 2019, 01:38:12 pm »

I find it unfortunate that the law enforcement doesnt abide by the laws

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: October 08, 2019, 11:37:02 pm »

It's inherent to the concept.

He was apparently shot in a drug deal, and had 12 pounds of weed, over 100g of THC vape pods, 4000 bucks, and a gun, in his upscale apartment.  Bear in mind he flew in from California to testify.

So apparently in the span of like two weeks the dude gathered thousands of dollars worth of drugs and orchestrated a deal with people all the way in Louisiana, all the while testifying in court against the police.

This may be the worst coverup in history, you've gotta be fucking kidding me if you think that sounds like a thing that actually happened.
Shoes...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: October 09, 2019, 06:21:35 am »

Hey why not try to broaden his business while he was down there on other business, it only makes business sense.

That's sarcasm, to be clear. While I guess it's within possibilities it could be true I don't think I will believe it. It's a lil but convenient.
Love, scriver~

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: October 09, 2019, 09:07:09 am »

I know that when I testify in a murder trial, I need AT LEAST 12 pounds of weed.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: October 09, 2019, 09:34:10 am »

I know that when I testify in a murder trial, I need AT LEAST 12 pounds of weed.

I think the point was, they're trying to paint him as a criminal drug dealer because he made cops look bad, when he is doing it legally (California legalized pot).

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: October 09, 2019, 03:02:41 pm »

the mouth thing is hard to misinterpret.
You'd have a point if this "mouth" idea didn't come from someone known for spreading unsubstantiated anti-police accusations on social media to drum up support for his cases, regardless of how life-destroying and hysteria-generating it is. Reports and witness testimony suggest lower body shots, and even he had to concede it's "disputed" now.

I think the point was, they're trying to paint him as a criminal drug dealer because he made cops look bad, when he is doing it legally (California legalized pot).
Not if he was doing it in Dallas, where it is not legal.

And it's kind of hard to gather a decent timeline of events from articles, but apparently he normally lived in Dallas, and only fled to California to avoid testifying, but was brought back once the prosecutor threatened him with legal consequences. So it's not necessarily like he got dragged out to a foreign city where he had no property of his own and he just happened to bring along 12 pounds of weed on his flight.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: October 09, 2019, 03:13:32 pm »

Not if he was doing it in Dallas, where it is not legal.

"His apartment in California."
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 292