Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 292

Author Topic: The Abusive Policing Thread: Beyond Brown, No Justice  (Read 367639 times)

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Abusive Policing Thread: Beyond Brown, No Justice
« Reply #2610 on: October 09, 2019, 03:44:36 pm »

Not if he was doing it in Dallas, where it is not legal.

"His apartment in California."
Source on that? All the articles I've looked at were vague on that.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: October 09, 2019, 04:19:41 pm »

It was allegedly his Dallas Apartment? According to this article, but the reason I drop this article is because the Suspects that police say shot him...

live 9 hours round trip away and allegedly drove all the way to this Joshua Brown's apartment to buy just a few pounds of weed.

Article: https://www.theroot.com/nobody-is-buying-dallas-pd-s-bullshit-story-about-joshu-1838917708
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: October 09, 2019, 04:44:37 pm »

Drove 9 hours to buy weed, shot the dealer, then left both the weed and the money.
Black lives matter.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: October 09, 2019, 04:51:20 pm »

Wacky weed makes you do weird shit man, weird shit.

This feels like something you'd hear about in like... whenever the weed scare was biggest... year anti-drug stuff. First you get high, then you drive for nearabout five hours, then shit happens, you bust a cap in some (not so) rando dealer your stoned ass drove to, then you panicked and left the money and the weed you went after. Then you probably got high again. Stay off drugs, kids!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: October 09, 2019, 04:53:01 pm »

Drove 9 hours to buy weed, shot the dealer, then left both the weed and the money.
Granted, this story is based off the guy who had he gunshot wound in the hospital - very likely police came to him and promised no prosecution if he just told them how he got there.

Ya know.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: October 09, 2019, 05:10:09 pm »

I would note that they theoretically needn't have been there for what was in his apartment. Articles mention the suspects allegedly grabbing a backpack off of Brown, and there's no telling what was there (and assuming it was an actual drug deal at first, the perps probably knew). So the whole "they left with nothing" talk is kind of misleading.

As for the whole character assassination angle in that (wonderfully unbiased) article, didn't Lee Merritt himself say that Joshua Brown wasn't that essential a witness?
"Brown’s testimony was powerful, but it was also duplicative," said Merritt, who has called on the Dallas Police Department to recuse itself from the Brown investigation. "Nothing he testified to couldn’t have been brought in by other witnesses. It wasn’t worth his life."

I'm just having a hard time believing they'd try to cover up with a story as odd as this.

This feels like something you'd hear about in like... whenever the weed scare was biggest... year anti-drug stuff. First you get high, then you drive for nearabout five hours, then shit happens, you bust a cap in some (not so) rando dealer your stoned ass drove to, then you panicked and left the money and the weed you went after. Then you probably got high again. Stay off drugs, kids!
Sounds like your average Florida Man story, actually. And people in general have done dumber things.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: October 09, 2019, 05:16:52 pm »

This feels like something you'd hear about in like... whenever the weed scare was biggest... year anti-drug stuff.
Well the original Reefer Madness came out in 1936 (and later re-cut and re-released a few times), but the scare comes and goes in waves. Like, the upswing in popularity in the 60's and 70's brought its own counter-attention and a lot of it, but you don't often get quite the same ludicrousness as 30's propaganda...

Best to just soothe your throat with the soft, smooth smoke of a Camel cigarette.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: October 09, 2019, 05:27:10 pm »

Okay, so 1,  we don't know if they actually did grab his backpack.
2, again all this comes from a guy allegedly dropped off in the hospital by the alleged two other peeps who were there. One has already been arrested, I hear, but that's a wait and see situation.
3, police coerce confessions and push for false confessions on the regular - even if he is telling the truth, we don't know yet.
4, the woman who recorded the aftermath of Botham Jean being murdered was harrssed out of her job. Witness harassment has already taken place.
5, activists and witnesses have a history of mysteriously dying. Several activists from Ferguson have died in extremely suspicious ways, which the police consistently rule as "suicide". Not saying suicide doesn't happen, but these were all very prominent activists up there.

That is why the Dallas PD should not be running this investigation. It is, at the very least, extremely bad press for them. They know this, so why are they? They could ask the state troopers to take over.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: October 09, 2019, 06:56:10 pm »

That is why the Dallas PD should not be running this investigation. It is, at the very least, extremely bad press for them. They know this, so why are they? They could ask the state troopers to take over.

Bad press might as well be a bad Yelp review. They don't care about bad press or negative public reactions. It's not like you vote for police, and it's already been established that cops and gangsters have "snitches get stitches" in common. No matter how bad it is, the storm will blow past and leave them untouched, any officers other than Guyger who get implicated will receive good ol' "paid administrative leave" i.e. vacation, and it'll disappear when the cops in another city shoot a different unarmed minority.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: October 09, 2019, 07:16:34 pm »

Or they even get fired, justice is done everyone's "happy", and they just get rehired elsewhere. Since that's somehow *normal* much less okay.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: October 09, 2019, 07:44:18 pm »

Oh, I meant more to make the point to Virtz that it's super shady that they're running the investigation. I definitely agree that they don't care about bad press.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: October 10, 2019, 08:05:13 am »

Bad press might as well be a bad Yelp review. They don't care about bad press or negative public reactions. It's not like you vote for police, and it's already been established that cops and gangsters have "snitches get stitches" in common.

Also, committing murders and thefts. Gangsters usually want the good will of the people to some degree (to keep from getting ratted out), so they don't get down to the bad stuff cops do.

I love that the propaganda against weed is that it motivates you to do crimes.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: October 10, 2019, 08:38:20 am »

Now that you've seen this, consider how many times they didnt botch the coverup

I'm not saying every conspiracy theory is true, but I am saying every conspiracy theory is probably true
Shoes...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: October 10, 2019, 09:37:42 am »

Just because you're Paranoid it doesn't mean they're not after you

Courtney Love (LOVE the COURTS) was a fed insider agent and they killed Cobain because he told the truth
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 09:39:23 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: October 10, 2019, 03:01:10 pm »

Okay, so 1,  we don't know if they actually did grab his backpack.
2, again all this comes from a guy allegedly dropped off in the hospital by the alleged two other peeps who were there. One has already been arrested, I hear, but that's a wait and see situation.
3, police coerce confessions and push for false confessions on the regular - even if he is telling the truth, we don't know yet.
4, the woman who recorded the aftermath of Botham Jean being murdered was harrssed out of her job. Witness harassment has already taken place.
5, activists and witnesses have a history of mysteriously dying. Several activists from Ferguson have died in extremely suspicious ways, which the police consistently rule as "suicide". Not saying suicide doesn't happen, but these were all very prominent activists up there.

I like how you underline allegedly for anything the police say, but what some laid off employee said is undisputable fact despite how weird it sounds (how does a company take away your credentials? And since when do pharmaceutical companies care about publicity? And if they did, wouldn't they have predicted this would be worse? How has the name of the company not leaked after all this time?). For now it's just some unverifiable claims she's used to make money off of gofundme.

I do agree that this is the one time they should involve another agency, tho. There'd still be people screaming "well, the other agency is in on it too! All cops are shit!", but at least it'd be less of them. On the other hand, if they just wait a while it'll be less people anyway. People don't care about what they raged about yesterday, especially when it's proven they were wrong to do so. The quicker they have nothing more to report, the quicker it dies down.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 292