Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 292

Author Topic: The Abusive Policing Thread: Beyond Brown, No Justice  (Read 367196 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: The Abusive Policing Thread: Beyond Brown, No Justice
« Reply #2700 on: October 27, 2019, 09:09:16 am »

Been lurking for a while.

PTW.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: October 28, 2019, 08:20:35 pm »

« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 08:23:09 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: October 29, 2019, 07:47:00 am »

There's at least one video of the shooting up, and this post supposedly by the man's wife going around.

I am the wife of the victim that was shot and killed at the planet fitness in madison al earlier. My name is Cherelle Fletcher and the mans name, my husband, was DANA SHERROD FLETCHER. I was sitting in the driver seat of the van during the entire incident. I had just walked out of planet fitness from exercising. The officer refused to come on my side of the vehicle to talk and tried to stop my husband from closing his door. When my husband tried to close his door repeatedly, the officer continued to tell him not to try to close it, grabbed the door, and grabbed my husband. Another officer sicked a dog on Dana while sitting in the passenger seat. While at the same time, another officer came to the driver side door where i was sitting, pointed a gun at me and broke my driver window with a police stick then pulled me out of the van while i was trying to get my daughter. At no point did my Dana have a weapon on him. AT NO POINT WAS HE ARMED. HE WAS UNARMED DURING THE ENTIRE TIME. HE WAS UNARMED!

The guy who was interviewed called mike who runs the planet smoothie down the shopping strip that was posted on this channel could not have possibly seen my husband,Dana, running. I saw Dana get grabbed. Dana's body lay right next to the van when he was shot, right by the passenger door. Had he ran, he would not have been still right next to the vehicle when he was shot. I saw the officers shoot him and I saw his body on the ground covered in blood right next to the passenger door he was trying to close. There was no crime committed. My family and I were there so I could workout. We had every right to be there just like any other paying member of the facility. Our 8yr old daughter suffered injuries while I was trying to get her because at that time the officer who broke my window grabbed me and pulled me out of the van. My daughter went face first into the pavement and busted her lip and hurt her right leg. Thankfully she's still alive.

Why the police were there in the first place is still unclear to me.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: December 06, 2019, 02:41:26 am »

Police initiate shootout with robbers on a crowded highway, hostage and one bystander killed

You're safer with the criminals, they have an incentive to keep you alive.
Shoes...

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: December 06, 2019, 08:54:30 am »

Police initiate shootout with robbers on a crowded highway, hostage and one bystander killed

They also have to return things they steal from you when they get caught, unless the cops steal it first claiming it's evidence.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: December 06, 2019, 09:30:35 am »

Huh, I saw a video on /r/wtf earlier where some driver was filming all the choppers in the air and just happened to pan across as the UPS truck went speeding past, followed by an absolute army of police vehicles.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: December 06, 2019, 09:47:51 am »

Huh, I saw a video on /r/wtf earlier where some driver was filming all the choppers in the air and just happened to pan across as the UPS truck went speeding past, followed by an absolute army of police vehicles.

That's a normal response. I mean, it's insane and excessive, but also it's what normally happens. They fit 2 dozen police in my downstairs neighbor's apartment when they served a "warrant" at his apartment, and SWAT served the "warrant" by knocking, kicking in the door, whatever the equivalent of pistol whipping someone with a rifle is called (he tried to answer the knock at the door), threw a flashbang in his face, then arrested him so they could tear apart the apartment undisturbed. I had to hide and keep the dog hidden, because they had posted guards at the back, and one started aiming when he saw me in the window.

I mean tear apart his apartment as well. 600 square feet, and it took them an hour with power tools. No piece of furniture had 2 sticks left attached, walls were destroyed, every piece of food or can of beer in the fridge was smashed on the floor, TV was smashed, clothes thrown everywhere. It was insane to see the destruction. He ended up having to move in the middle of the night so he didn't get stuck with the repair bill. I know they didn't find anything, because we have surprisingly thin walls/ceilings.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: December 06, 2019, 09:51:55 am »

I can’t believe cops would do this, this sounds like the work of vandals. Apparently if cops do it it’s fine? This is insane

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: December 06, 2019, 11:25:51 am »

I can’t believe cops would do this, this sounds like the work of vandals. Apparently if cops do it it’s fine? This is insane
There was a recent (last 2 years) case where a shoplifter ran into someone else's house and hid there. The police then proceeded to blow up each and every room with concussion grenades.

The real question I have for Iduno is why the fuck did the cops bring power tools?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: December 06, 2019, 12:31:19 pm »

There was a recent (last 2 years) case where a shoplifter ran into someone else's house and hid there. The police then proceeded to blow up each and every room with concussion grenades.

The real question I have for Iduno is why the fuck did the cops bring power tools?

Yeah, that's part of why I mentioned it. It's real weird.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: December 07, 2019, 10:22:18 am »

Agree with Cthulhu.  I've been saying it for years.  We would be safer without them.  If I am ever in a dangerous situation with a criminal, I will be more afraid of police getting involved than of the criminal.

You can watch an uncut video of the shooting here.

You can see police taking cover behind occupied civilian vehicles.  They don't give a fuck about anyone's safety.

Also...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 10:30:30 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: December 07, 2019, 10:49:40 am »

My job involves spending time around cops when they assume you're on their side. Do not do this if you're capable of empathy, because they hate everyone. Like, I had an abusive family and cops' cruelty surprises me.

https://twitter.com/LilianaSegura/status/1196198439685672961

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: December 08, 2019, 05:48:35 am »

Article about some bogus "system" (in the sense of training + materials) being sold to police departments for detecting guilty people from their writing

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Other news I came across is related to abusive policing in a non-US country, Japan. Don't assume it's all wine and roses in other advanced nations even if they have more sensible health care.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 06:30:57 am by Reelya »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: December 08, 2019, 07:13:50 am »

My job involves spending time around cops when they assume you're on their side. Do not do this if you're capable of empathy, because they hate everyone. Like, I had an abusive family and cops' cruelty surprises me.

https://twitter.com/LilianaSegura/status/1196198439685672961

It's a myth that 40% of cops beat their wives.  40% of cops are reported beating their wives
Shoes...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: December 08, 2019, 08:19:11 pm »

Relating to that, it's not fair to say that cops are all stupid. Some of them were smart enough not to get caught beating their wives, after all.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 292