Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 292

Author Topic: The Abusive Policing Thread: Beyond Brown, No Justice  (Read 367824 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Abusive Policing Thread: Beyond Brown, No Justice
« Reply #4155 on: May 30, 2021, 06:59:35 pm »

Hey if those 7000 people were healthy why were they in hospital?

Sprained ankle, arthritis, mental health issues (although police for some reason are more trusted with those than therapists)...

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: May 30, 2021, 11:59:49 pm »

I'm not about to restart that discussion with that ludicrous comparison of shoving a scalpel into a patient's heart. If the patient was going into cardiac arrest and the doctor gave the wrong drug in a panic, that'd be another matter, but it's clear you don't intend to argue in good faith.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 12:06:38 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: May 31, 2021, 12:35:05 am »

The way those cops rolled in with assault rifles and jumped out the back of a pickup dressed like ninjas I thought it was an ISIS video at first

Had the same ending too
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: May 31, 2021, 06:09:57 pm »

I'm not about to restart that discussion with that ludicrous comparison of shoving a scalpel into a patient's heart. If the patient was going into cardiac arrest and the doctor gave the wrong drug in a panic, that'd be another matter, but it's clear you don't intend to argue in good faith.

Oh please. You've been peddling bad faith arguments since before we sent Trump and his nonsense back to obscurity where it belongs. What's wrong, now that you're a minority again you've got morals? I suppose not based on what you've just been posting.

If the patient was going into cardiac arrest and the doctor gave the wrong drug in a panic, that'd be another matter

A gun is not a cure. Man you're not very good at this.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 06:14:43 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: May 31, 2021, 09:47:46 pm »

They certainly won’t be suffering for long after a gun is involved.

Though I suppose it depends where you get shot…
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: May 31, 2021, 10:17:01 pm »

works for horses... right?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: June 01, 2021, 03:37:02 am »

Is a police officer tasked with healing people? Troll harder.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 03:45:11 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: June 01, 2021, 05:40:18 am »

Oh please. You've been peddling bad faith arguments since before we sent Trump and his nonsense back to obscurity where it belongs.

Genuine curiosity here - do you regard Biden as a cure to "nonsense"? From my - admittedly narrow - understanding of American politics, he's a bit.... addled?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: June 01, 2021, 06:19:51 am »

Bout everything we've seen so far has been showing he's not particularly addled, especially relative to trump's insanity. Biden's just still a pretty old politician with a stutter, so he occasionally flubs deliveries, on top of plenty of the remarkably shit outlooks that "old US politician" tends to entail.

Better than trump on more or less every level and especially in regards to consistency/coherence, but that's a bar you have to dig out of the ground to fail to clear.

So not a cure to nonsense in a general sense, but to trump's nonsense in particular, well. Rancid fuck's definitely been in the news a lot less lately, y'know? Hasn't been as noticeable since the failed coup and getting yeeted from twitter. GOP's still surgically attached to his asshole with all that entails, so obscurity unfortunately isn't the right word for things, but it's definitely been a bit quieter on that front.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: June 01, 2021, 08:10:59 am »

Police officers are in fact often responsible for emergency first aid, yes. Why do you ask?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: June 01, 2021, 10:48:14 am »

Jesus, let me explain metaphors for you.

IF A DOCTOR ACTED AS THOUGH A COP DID, AND KILLED SOMEONE AFTER LOOKING AT THEIR SITUATION FOR THE AMOUNT OF TIME A COP USUALLY DOES BEFORE THEY SHOOT SOMEONE, THE DOCTOR WOULD BE FIRED AND PROSECUTED.

I even wrote it in big letters for you like they do in grade school.

Also a cop's job is to help people and protect life. I state that now because if I don't spell out everything for you, you're going to come back and go DDDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR THIN BLUE LINE DDDDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 10:49:47 am by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: June 01, 2021, 10:53:07 am »

Ease up, lads, we really don't need personal attacks going on here, and it's not where I was hoping this'd go when I resurrected the thread with a podcast.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: June 02, 2021, 07:51:50 am »

IF A DOCTOR ACTED AS THOUGH A COP DID, AND KILLED SOMEONE AFTER LOOKING AT THEIR SITUATION FOR THE AMOUNT OF TIME A COP USUALLY DOES BEFORE THEY SHOOT SOMEONE, THE DOCTOR WOULD BE FIRED AND PROSECUTED.

A doctor doesn't have to worry about themselves or others (besides the patient) dying if they take too long. See, for instance, the incident involving Ma'Khia Bryant. Ma'Khia was less than a second away from stabbing another girl before the officer shot her. Given the size of the knife, it would very likely have been fatal. Just a day before that in the same state, a girl was stabbed to death in a similar situation, but without a cop present.

Also a cop's job is to help people and protect life.
That includes protecting the lives of others besides the suspect, including the officer themself.

Police officers are in fact often responsible for emergency first aid, yes. Why do you ask?
Not as their primary responsibility. They protect people from other people, which sometimes involves taking a life. Officers will provide first aid after it is safe to do so.

Doctors, on the other hand, primarily treat people in a controlled environment, with no threat to themselves or others. Despite this, doctors kill many more healthy people each year by preventable mistake than cops kill total with guns. I'd say most cops do their job pretty well by that metric.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 07:58:05 am by Bumber »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: June 02, 2021, 08:20:34 am »

Bout everything we've seen so far has been showing he's not particularly addled, especially relative to trump's insanity. Biden's just still a pretty old politician with a stutter, so he occasionally flubs deliveries, on top of plenty of the remarkably shit outlooks that "old US politician" tends to entail.

Better than trump on more or less every level and especially in regards to consistency/coherence, but that's a bar you have to dig out of the ground to fail to clear.

What exactly is Trump's equivalent to this? Or that time Biden went on about record players when asked about repairing the legacy of slavery?

Trump passed that one cognitive test. Biden gets defensive whenever the subject is brought up. And of course Biden doesn't have to debate the press very often.

This is more a discussion for AmeriPol, though.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 08:25:46 am by Bumber »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: June 02, 2021, 12:03:36 pm »

That includes protecting the lives of others besides the suspect, including the officer themself.

That includes protecting the life of the suspect too, not considering it disposable in a matter of seconds. Doubly so when they're a child, mentally ill, elderly and all the other circumstances cops have shot first and cared later.
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 292