Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 292

Author Topic: The Abusive Policing Thread: Beyond Brown, No Justice  (Read 367578 times)

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Abusive Policing Thread: Beyond Brown, No Justice
« Reply #1575 on: January 02, 2016, 05:57:55 pm »

The police have investigated the police, and found no evidence of wrongdoing.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: January 02, 2016, 09:32:09 pm »

The police have investigated the police, and found no evidence of wrongdoing.

It's great. We could very likely post this every month or so and it'll be perfectly accurate and pertinent.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: January 02, 2016, 10:23:07 pm »

More like every week or two, but I guess slow months happen occasionally. I'd be nice if they happened more.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: January 03, 2016, 12:01:34 am »

You mean that golden time when NYPD did a work slowdown and the city measurably improved?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: January 03, 2016, 04:08:42 pm »

The version I heard with that was that the beat cops weren't happy about doing their jobs anyway, while their bosses kept pushing for it. I never got an explanation for why they stopped stopping or why the higher ups wanted them to stop stopping.

"If there's nothing for us to do they'll start laying us off you imbeciles" sounds like a plausible answer, though. Or maybe "they won't hire more of us in the future," I'm not even sure if cops can be laid off.

Alternatively, old people who don't need none a' these newfangled facts, and are hence making things worse because they're ghostly echoes of once-living people.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: January 03, 2016, 04:46:42 pm »

So the reports state that they acted reasonably in every instance.

My question is, WHO THE FUCK BRINGS AN ATTACK DOG TO HELP A SUICIDAL KID OUT!?!?!?!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: January 03, 2016, 05:00:00 pm »

Hey, sociopath cops need to get their bites. Didn't you read the texts?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: January 03, 2016, 05:53:18 pm »

Huh? Don't animals help with depression? :P
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: January 03, 2016, 06:27:03 pm »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that there's some studies that show that.

Edit:

And for the rate that the government pays expert witnesses to protect cops, I will totally say that in a court of law while I'm under oath.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: January 03, 2016, 06:38:02 pm »

Fluffy Puppy: Cheer victim up, forget about not liking being alive
Slavering Warg: Terrify victim, remind them they want to live after all

It's win-win, really.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1585 on: January 03, 2016, 06:54:30 pm »

So the reports state that they acted reasonably in every instance.
My question is, WHO THE FUCK BRINGS AN ATTACK DOG TO HELP A SUICIDAL KID OUT!?!?!?!
dog always help situation

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: January 03, 2016, 07:58:21 pm »

I noticed how the mother specifically mentioned there were no weapons of any kind in or near the house or garage, and that the kid wasn't drunk or on drugs, and that the suicide was attempted with a noose to the dispatcher.

IE: She was doing her best to make sure that thirty guys with M16s didnt kick down the door and mistake a handheld vibrator for an AK-74. And her kid still got savaged repeatedly by an attack-dog.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: January 04, 2016, 03:06:14 pm »

Your loved one is trying to commit suicide or is being stupidly harmful to themself? 
Who you gonna call?  Definitely not the cops.  Get good friends/neighbors instead.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: January 04, 2016, 05:49:25 pm »

Your loved one is trying to commit suicide or is being stupidly harmful to themself? 
Who you gonna call?  Definitely not the cops.  Get good friends/neighbors instead.

Yeah, major problem here is this often happens to people who are calling for an ambulance or just 911 for general help, and it just so happens that police arrive on the scene before anyone else.  This happened to a friend of mine who was prescribed the wrong psychiatric medication and had a minor breakdown.  He wasn't even acting like a danger to anyone.  Just behaving strangely.  His girlfriend was concerned and called for an ambulance, because she didn't know what the medication might have been doing to him.  Police arrived first and immediately tackled him.  Heavy bruising on his back where they dug a knee into his spine, and permanent nerve damage in his wrist from reckless cuffing.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: January 14, 2016, 12:35:58 am »

So my co-workers daughter was arrested the other day.  One of her friends got her caught with a bottle of unprescribed vicodin in her vehicle and didn't confess to the officer.  This isn't why she was arrested.  She was arrested for failing to show up to a court date.  When my co-worker goes to pay her bail, she's giving over all the information to verify her daughter's identity to the desk worker.  This includes verifying her address.  After repeating the address, the clerk goes "Oh... oops!" and immediately produces from right there in their desk the envelope with court order that was never received, with the wrong mailing address and a Return to Sender stamp on it.

After admitting that she was wrongfully arrested and re-scheduling the court date, she still has to pay for bail and it still takes another day to get her released.  Two days in jail.

Meanwhile, the very same night in the very same county, the county sheriff's son (also an officer) is arrested for dealing cocaine.... and was able to get released on bail within a few hours.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 292