Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the map be rendered unusable, what path should the game take?

Adventure!
Deathmatch!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29

Author Topic: Looter's Delight 3: STILL ALIVE  (Read 45313 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight 3: Turn 0
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2014, 03:12:18 pm »

As the eight of you finish filling in your stat sheets, you suddenly find yourself in a completely different place. It appears to be some sort of floating island, with a small lake in the center of it and a stream flowing to the south. In the northwestern part of the island, there's a small village, complete with a fountain in the square, and a tall bell-tower right by the edge of the island. The eastern edge of the island is covered in some sort of tall grass, easily tall enough for someone to hide in without being noticed. To the south of the grass, there's a small wooden cabin, which is beginning to see the early stages of decay. Finally, there is a peninsula to the southwest, with a sturdy-looking wooden dock jutting off of it. Below the island, you can see clouds sweeping by like waves in a frothy sea. You're not entirely sure what's below the clouds, but if your intuition's right, there's no way that you're surviving a fall off of the edge.

(Derm luk: 3+6)

When you spawn, your waiver begins to coil itself, quickly transforming itself into a large turban with a stone carved to look like an eye in the center of it. As you put it on, your skin instantly hardens into some sort of silvery metal, so light that you feel as if you could probably launch yourself over the cabin that you're standing by if you got a running start.

(Jim luk: 6)

As you appear, your waiver warps itself into something resembling a cross between an old WWI gas mask and a paper surgeon's mask. Putting on, you notice that the lenses over the eyes are fitted with some sort of high-tech scope, and your skin starts to drip with some sort of cloudy blue liquid, which flows from you like sweat on a hot day.

(Killa Beez luk: -4-2) I might not have mentioned negative loot in the OP, but most of you probably remember it. It's strong stuff, but generally it's just as likely to kill you as it is the guy you're trying to kill.

As you spawn, your waiver turns into a nail-studded baseball bat, made from some sort of exotic wood that constantly bleeds some sort of thick yellow resin. It doesn't look too dangerous, but knowing your luck, it's probably booby-trapped or something like that.

(Beirus luk: 1+6)

As you appear on the island, your waiver molds itself into a crudely-sculpted black iron head, about the same size and roundness of a bowling ball. It takes one good long look at you, before bursting out in laughter.
"Whoo boy! I've heard of green recruits, but this is just goddamned silly. Kid, you'd better wash that junk off of yourself before someone mistakes you for a frog and hacks your legs off for their lunch. Unless... God damn, you're actually just green, aren't you? Well, this is new, but I try not to discriminate, so I'm sure we'll get along fine. That is, so long as you like killing things. You don't like killing, then I'm sorry to say that I don't like you. So whaddya say? Are we gonna kill things together, or are we not?"

(Obmar luk: 2)

As you spawn, your waiver transforms into a pair of regular boxing gloves. While they're no brass knuckles, at least they'll keep your hands safe while you knock someone out. You'll probably have to strangle them to finish them off, though.

(PANT luk: 6+6)

Your waiver transforms itself into an ornate crown made out of some kind of brightly glowing metal. It looks almost like gold or brass at first, but as you rotate the crown in your hands, you notice flecks of black dotting the surface. Atop the crown is an ornament in the shape of a pouncing lion, and as you put it on your head, you hear a booming voice echoes inside of your mind.
"I am Rasalas, He Who Commands The Heavens! Lightning is but a mere candle to my radiance, and even the stars in the sky collapse from embarrassment upon seeing my divine glow! Even trapped in this crown, my power is enough to level entire cities should they earn my ire! Now mortal, go forth! It has been millenia since I have last feasted upon the blood of nonbelievers, and I can smell infidels nearby. As my new high-priest, you must sacrifice them in my name!"

(Eamon luk: -1-5)

Your waiver transforms itself into a long obsidian pike, covered in all sorts of strange runes. You hesitate about picking it up, but it quickly begins to sink into the ground beneath you as if it were quicksand. Looks like you'd better decide quickly whether you want it or not.

(Jin luk: 1+1)

Your waiver transforms itself into a perfectly ordinary bulletproof vest. You'll be set if anyone tries to shoot you, but against swords and spells and the like, you doubt that it'll do you much good.

Spoiler: MAP (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 08:35:28 pm by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2014, 03:42:39 pm »

What's the scale on the distance on the map? For example, could PANT attack Jin Lemons this turn?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2014, 03:44:01 pm »

Jim quickly adjusts to his new mask, and takes some of the liquid off his body, dropping it into the river.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2014, 04:34:17 pm »

Plans and movements and testings
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2014, 04:58:12 pm »

Action PMed.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2014, 05:04:31 pm »

Put on the vest. Get the the closest building, The bottom right one in the town.
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2014, 05:09:49 pm »

Guess we're doing secret stuff now.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2014, 05:20:48 pm »

"Killing people is fun. Mind telling me what you do, exactly?"

With the talking and the sneaky stuff.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2014, 05:39:49 pm »

What's the scale on the distance on the map? For example, could PANT attack Jin Lemons this turn?

I'm no good at scales, but let's call the fountain in the middle of the town fifteen feet across. As for attack ranges, I'm just gonna say that you can attack anyone within half a map's distance of yourself. Unless you have a bow or something, win which case anyone that you can see is fair game.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2014, 05:50:31 pm »

Uh.
PANT has +6 luk.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2014, 06:47:48 pm »

Bollocks. It's not an LD update without a mistake somewhere. Lemme fix your loot real quick.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2014, 06:48:38 pm »

Why would you ever correct Majora's Mask?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2014, 07:47:33 pm »

Finally! I was hoping for another one of these!
Name: Ed the Idiot
Looks: Pure white shirt, a big shots baseball cap, basic grey runners and blue shorts.
He isn't too good with fashion.
Strength:--
Endurance:+
Dexterity:---
Affinity:+
Luck:+++
((This is going to be good.))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2014, 08:00:57 pm »

Boosh.

Name:  Systar
Looks:  A greasy dude in what looks like a cheap suit, but is sleek for ease of booking it.
Stats:
Strength: ---
Endurance: =
Dexterity: +
Speed: +
Affinity: =
Luck: +
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2014, 08:03:54 pm »

* BadLemonsXI's reaction to the LD update fix
. . . ."Well fuck."
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29