Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the map be rendered unusable, what path should the game take?

Adventure!
Deathmatch!

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29

Author Topic: Looter's Delight 3: STILL ALIVE  (Read 45918 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight 3: "BEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSS"
« Reply #345 on: October 09, 2014, 08:15:17 pm »

Y'know, at first I read the thread title as "BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS". I was very disappointed when the turn had no bees.
You and bees in the same RTD never ends well.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 09, 2014, 08:31:39 pm »

Didn't, or don't?
My action is conditional.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

taat

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't notify people when putting them in the sig
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 10, 2014, 12:47:36 am »

((Also, everybody hold on to your waitlist. There will be another round of deaths. Only a few this time, though. I'm just killing the ones who could end up targetting me because they didn't specify a target. Oh, and anyone I think might attack me.))

Oh, uh, let me just modify my action..
Hypothesis: I will kill all dwarves in a horrible fashion

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 10, 2014, 06:28:49 am »

Name: Ryu Guy Hayabusabiki
Looks: Ninja
Stats:
Strength: +3
Endurance: -3
Dexterity: +3
Speed: +3
Affinity: -6
Luck: 0
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 10, 2014, 10:35:37 pm »

"It appears the game has changed. I will allow most of you to leave this place. Should you choose to attack me, do not doubt that I will end you without a second thought. Have !!Fun!! exploring." [Insert foreboding laughter here]

I believe in going green.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 13, 2014, 11:44:02 pm »

((I am once again sorry for the delay, but midterms have hit. The turn will probably be up on Wednesday. In exchange for this delay, here's a fun generator fact:

Most items only appear once in the generator, with a handful of them having two or three entries. The primary exception to this rule is Genghis Khan, who has no less than 24 entries in the generator, for no real reason other than me wanting to fuck with probability. Interestingly enough, despite these odds, nobody has gotten a Genghis Khan yet.))
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 14, 2014, 12:05:15 am »

((Challenge accepted.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 14, 2014, 07:37:15 am »

((Until the next 24 luck roll turns it up 24 times.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 14, 2014, 05:14:02 pm »

It'll most like be a Genghis Khan made of Tungsten that can shoot gamma rays out of his eyes and has rail guns for arms
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight 3: Exploration
« Reply #354 on: October 15, 2014, 01:35:07 pm »

I have a gun so the obvious thing is:

Head to a high place where I can better overview the area

Looking for a vantage point, you head into the northern part of the city, where strands of white flesh hang off of skyscrapers like jungle vines from a canopy. Most of the buildings here are too damaged and overgrown to enter, but the door to one old building which may have been a hotel in better days is open and obscured. Peering through the doorway, you see that the lobby is still fairly uncorrupted, with a large spiral staircase in the center of it, which you reckon leads up to the balconied bedrooms that you saw outside. Just as you're about to ascend the stairs and claim your new sniping post though, the railing gives a shudder and slowly unwinds itself from the stairs, groping blindly about the room, while whatever it's attached to upstairs begins to move around noisily, a single clawed foot looking like something that might have come from a bathtub appearing at the top of the stairs.

Oh....oh my. This wasn't in the PowerPoint!

Head East

You head east into the old residential district, which looks like it might have been a nice sprawl of suburbs once. Now however, it's more like a maze, with some of the houses flattened and some of the alleyways overgrown to create a series of surreal walls and gaps that seem all too easy to get lost in. As you try and determine how to best move about this alien labyrinth, you are interrupted by a loud low groan as something resembling a lumpy and misshapen humanoid pulls itself over the house at the end of the street, a singular eye on its chest focusing on you as its face splits open, revealing a gaping maw with five sawblade-shaped teeth.

Put on hat, dodge any incoming attacks, and run towards the crumbling palace.

"Anyone not shooting at me is welcome to join me!"
Head towards the crumbling palace as-well only fire upon something that go's to attack me first.
(PM sent to some people please check your inboxs :) )

The two of you head west towards the crumbling palace, which seems to be growing more and more corrupted by the second. By the time you arrive at the main entrance, the entire thing is covered with white flesh apart from a single tower, which looks like it only has a few seconds before it too becomes altered beyond recognition. As you're wondering exactly how the thing even managed to last this long, a burst of black lightning erupts from the tower, carving great smoking chunks of corruption off of the building and vaporizing them before they reach the ground. Looks like that answers that question...

Launch a barrage of bolts at anything and everything that could be a threat. And Jaenna.
Head towards the palace, keeping my gauntlets in a defensive position.
(Gentleman spd: 2)
(Jaenna spd: 5+1)

(Gentleman dex: 1+2)
(Manhole Beast spd: 1)
(Manhole Beast end: 2+2)

By the time that The Gentleman has steadied himself enough to fire another shot, Jaenna has already darted around a street corner to meet up with Belkin and Austin by the palace. Letting out a short sigh, he lowers his crossbow ever so slightly and scans the area, looking around for anything that might try to kill and/or eat him. Everything seems oddly serene at first, until he hears a metallic scraping noise a short distance away and spots a large shovel-shaped hand emerging from a nearby manhole, with a single eye on its palm focused dead on him. Wasting no time, he fires a bolt straight towards the eyeball, but the thing blinks at the last second, deflecting the attack with an eyelid made of bone plates before diving back down the manhole and out of sight.

Will bodyguard for loot

You look around for some sort of digging implement, and find none. However, that monster that just darted back down the manhole looked kinda shovely, if that counts for anything.

"Oh gods... Where the heck I am now?!"

After screaming out his amusement and frustration, Hakkar has quickly calmed down as his rational personality sorted things out.
Click paw, person and eye, giving time for each to work. But if someone wants to kill me immediately - click shield, deflect attack, and use rifle.

Sadly, your button pressing does not do anything, although you do discover that only one button can be pushed down at once. Currently, the eye button is pushed down, as it is the last one that you pressed.

Pretty sure Beirus is the new Osbourne.

Figure out how my staff works.
"It appears the game has changed. I will allow most of you to leave this place. Should you choose to attack me, do not doubt that I will end you without a second thought. Have !!Fun!! exploring." [Insert foreboding laughter here]

I believe in going green.
(Billy spd: 4-1)
(Beirus aff: 5+6)

(Beirus aff: 6+6+10)
(Billy str: 2-6)

As Billy waves his staff around trying to discover its effects, a hand made out of solid emerald busts from the ground and wrenches it out of his hands, before sliding across the ground and handing it over to Beirus, who is now literally glowing due to the sheer amount of raw magic radiating off of him.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #355 on: October 15, 2014, 01:59:17 pm »

Well, walk into the castle. Keep gauntlets ready to deflect an attack should one come.

I bet it is some kind of magic keeping the top clear, it could be useful! We should go get it!

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 15, 2014, 01:59:23 pm »

Continue previous action

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 15, 2014, 02:28:37 pm »

((I do believe there should have been a death this turn.))

Edit: ((Well, there should have been. I'll fix that next turn.))

"Hm...I think this power suits me. Thanks for the staff. I think I'll let you leave instead of entombing you in emeralds and just keeping you alive so the staff doesn't disappear."

Fixing previous misunderstandings by going green.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 03:22:14 pm by Beirus »

taat

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't notify people when putting them in the sig
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 15, 2014, 03:37:59 pm »

Shoot the upper end of the "Railing"
Hypothesis: I will kill all dwarves in a horrible fashion

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 15, 2014, 04:48:49 pm »

follow Jeanna, keeping an eye out for some good stones to throw. ((I need something better than a hat, dammit!))

"let's be careful not to get blasted like that corruption was. Also, I get the feeling that if we took that magic the tower would come down fast, too fast."
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29