Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the map be rendered unusable, what path should the game take?

Adventure!
Deathmatch!

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29

Author Topic: Looter's Delight 3: STILL ALIVE  (Read 45830 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight 3: Exploration
« Reply #360 on: October 15, 2014, 05:22:51 pm »

Berius, you might want to do more than keep that one alive. They could be useful in generating more loot for you if you arm them with, say, that sword or something.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 15, 2014, 05:27:18 pm »

((Nah, that's what I have Smartmouth for. She does good with loot.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #362 on: October 15, 2014, 05:48:36 pm »

I bet it is some kind of magic keeping the top clear, it could be useful! We should go get it!
"let's be careful not to get blasted like that corruption was. Also, I get the feeling that if we took that magic the tower would come down fast, too fast."
"Haha No reward without risk lets go have a look shall we?"
Follow the others and protect them from any monsters.
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 15, 2014, 06:56:29 pm »

Go perform a secret action.
Also, still bodyguarding for loot.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 06:58:41 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 16, 2014, 01:30:52 pm »

Overhead chop with my shield pole weapon thing
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 17, 2014, 11:41:04 am »

Wander around. Let's see if effects start after a while...
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

solarlight

• Bay Watcher
  • Arrow from the forest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 19, 2014, 06:46:14 am »

I am quite angry at myself for missing my guy spawning.
I apparently didn't see my name I was spawned in.

Re-waitlist please.

name: Gerald Londeral
looks: A rather tall male wearing brown jeans and a brown shirt underneath a green leather overcoat. His eyes are green and his is blond, he is wearing a brown fedora. He is actually intending to live this time.
Strength: -----
Endurance: --
dexterity: ++++
speed: +++
affinity: -
luck: +
Hai

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 19, 2014, 02:40:18 pm »

These games are always great, but they really get raw once the exploration phase kicks in post-deathmatch.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight 3: Dungeon-Delving
« Reply #368 on: October 20, 2014, 03:29:35 pm »

((I do believe there should have been a death this turn.))

Edit: ((Well, there should have been. I'll fix that next turn.))

"Hm...I think this power suits me. Thanks for the staff. I think I'll let you leave instead of entombing you in emeralds and just keeping you alive so the staff doesn't disappear."

Fixing previous misunderstandings by going green.
Continue previous action
(Beirus aff: 2+6+6)
(Smartmouth spd: 3+8)
(Gentleman spd: 6)
(Manhole beast spd: 3)

(Beirus aff: 3+6+6+10)

(Smartmouth dex: 3+8)
(Gentleman spd: 3)
(Smartmouth str: 4+8)
(Gentleman end: 3+1)

(Manhole beast dex: 2+6)
(Smartmouth spd: 3+12)

Leaving Billy to do whatever it is he's going to do without loot, Beirus raises both of his staves into the air, carefully reaching out with tendrils of emerald to scan the area for unseen things. One of these tendrils seems to brush up against something invisible, and with a flick of his wrist Beirus causes it to expand, revealing some formerly invisible... thing... that had been standing there. The shape of the thing is nearly impossible to describe, but it's roughly the size of a small car, and as the emeralds start to form a thin crust around it, it lets out a sound like grating metal before shattering its emerald shell and being once more hidden from view.

Meanwhile, Smartmouth runs over to The Gentleman and brings her sword down with a surreal amount of strength, not only cleaving her target in two, but also creating a small fissure in the ground where he once stood. From this fissure comes a low rumbling sound, before the same shovel-shaped hand from before bursts forth from it, clearly none to happy about having its future meal stolen. Rumbling again, it lunges at Smartmouth, but she moves away almost too fast to be seen, ending up directly behind the monster with her sword held high, waiting for a cue from Beirus.

(Beirus luk: 4+6+1)

As a long metal tongue emerges from Smartmouth's sword and licks up the last of The Gentleman's blood, a weapon looking like a cat o' nine tails but with scorpion stingers instead of leather straps appears next to Beirus. The stingers move around almost as if they were part of a living creature, and a bright yellow venom flows from the tips, burning away at some of the corruption on the ground.

Well, walk into the castle. Keep gauntlets ready to deflect an attack should one come.

I bet it is some kind of magic keeping the top clear, it could be useful! We should go get it!
follow Jeanna, keeping an eye out for some good stones to throw. ((I need something better than a hat, dammit!))

"let's be careful not to get blasted like that corruption was. Also, I get the feeling that if we took that magic the tower would come down fast, too fast."
"Haha No reward without risk lets go have a look shall we?"
Follow the others and protect them from any monsters.

Gauntlets, gunlance, and hat at the ready, the three of you head through the castle gates and find yourselves in an enclosed courtyard, which is slightly less corrupted than the ground outside. Looking across the courtyard, you can see that the tower that the lightning came from earlier is attached to a large palace by the far wall. You also notice a building to your right, which looks like it might have once housed the castle guard before the corruption overtook it.

((This area is a !!DUNGEON!!, complete with its own shoddily drawn map at the end of the post. I've represented you all with dots that match your text colors, and areas that you haven't yet explored are covered in 'fog' (as in I used a black spraypaint tool over them). Expect most dungeon maps to be poorly drawn, because there are over 300 different dungeons in this game, and drawing that many maps in any degree of detail would take ages. But yay, !!DUNGEONS!!))

Overhead chop with my shield pole weapon thing
(Jenkins spd: 6-1)
(Anthropophage spd: 2+2)

(Jenkins dex: 5-4)
(Anthropophage spd: 1+2)

(Anthrophage dex: 4+6)
(Jenkins spd: 3-1)
(Anthropophage str: 1+4)
(Jenkins end: 5+6+2)

As the monster leaps down from the roof and charges at you, you rush to meet it, raising your shield-axe high for an overhead slash. However, the creature is fast, and it effortlessly dodges your attack before countering with a blow from one of its gigantic misshapen hands. Using your weapon as a shield, you manage to deflect the blow and force the monster back a few feet, although you can see the eye on its chest begin to redden with anger as it raises its fists for another blow.

Go perform a secret action.
Also, still bodyguarding for loot.

You throw yourself over Billy Snow, ready to turn the dial on your coat to whatever type of attack might be launched at him. However, no attack comes, and you're just left standing there giving him an awkward, "I'm-totally-not-naked-under-this-trenchcoat-or-anything" hug.

Shoot the upper end of the "Railing"
(Stickman spd: 2+6)
(Hotellion spd: 5)

(Stickman dex: 5+4)
(Hotellion spd: 3)
(Hotellion end: 2+4)

Thinking quickly, you fire your gun at the top of the stairs and are instantly rewarded with a loud shattering sound as whatever the railing was attached to is reduced to a heap of jagged porcelain shards. The railing itself goes limp instantly, and while it's still quite clearly made of metal, it looks flexible enough that you could use it as a rope if need be.

Wander around. Let's see if effects start after a while...

You wander around waiting for something to happen, but nothing does. Maybe there's something else that has to be done in order for your item to work...

THE GENTLEMAN IS DEAD! FLIMSY WIZARD SPAWNS!
(Flimsy luk: 1+5)

Flimsy's waiver transforms into a large topaz scepter in the shape of a human femur. Small arcs of lightning leap out of the end of it from time to time, and by holding it at a certain angle, Flimsy finds that he can use it to focus sunlight into a concentrated golden beam.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DUNGEONS (click to show/hide)
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight 3: Dungeon-Delving!
« Reply #369 on: October 20, 2014, 03:38:51 pm »

Sprint as fast as I can to the new dungeon.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 20, 2014, 04:01:09 pm »

Well then, Flimsy Wizard found something that suits his character perfectly.

I'll probably get a nuclear flower that shoots lasers or something.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 20, 2014, 04:36:58 pm »

If its okay I'm gonna revise my stats while in the waitlist. I wasn't expecting the world to explode yet when I waitlisted.
Spoiler: Char Sheet (click to show/hide)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 20, 2014, 04:37:39 pm »

((Hey Wwolin, what happens if I circumvent the dungeon and just fly to the top of the tower and bust in?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #373 on: October 20, 2014, 05:14:53 pm »

Walk into the guard room first, there must be something there, right? Besides, we don't want monsters cutting off our escape route.

Edit: And keep my gauntlets up, if that needs to be specified.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 05:56:42 pm by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #374 on: October 20, 2014, 05:54:16 pm »

Gun at the ready assist in clearing the guard room.
"Best start there don't want anything coming up behind us in the palace."
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29