Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the map be rendered unusable, what path should the game take?

Adventure!
Deathmatch!

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29

Author Topic: Looter's Delight 3: STILL ALIVE  (Read 46065 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight 3: Dungeon-Delving!
« Reply #390 on: October 21, 2014, 09:03:25 pm »

((Probably would have happened already if people would stop provoking me long enough for me to finally build an emerald fortress and fly it around the world. At this point I'm just irate with power.  :P And it's Beirus. IR, not RI.))
So you are going for the 'Singular win' option?
Or you could become a boss for other players to challenge.
((I'll get to Boss status eventually. Maybe.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 21, 2014, 09:39:06 pm »

((That reminds me, Wwolin you should totally insert Osborn and his giant Book-wyrm castle into a boss... once someone can beat that.))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 22, 2014, 12:10:39 am »

:P And it's Beirus. IR, not RI.))
It's too late, Birues. You've been cursed, just like Persus13 and GiglameshDespair.
I'm never sure how many w's or l's to put in Wwolin's name, and that's terrible. I honestly hope I'm not the only one.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 22, 2014, 07:57:17 am »

Www.lollolllin.com
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 22, 2014, 10:42:16 am »

:P And it's Beirus. IR, not RI.))
It's too late, Birues. You've been cursed, just like Persus13 and GiglameshDespair.
Sigged.

Well, I can afford to reveal some things about the generator. Namely, how it's laid out now, because I ditched the numberstring thing a while back. To quote a PM I sent to a fellow who was interested in setting up his own generator:

Yeah, subtables are a thing. Essentially, the generator has twelve different categories for item types, which are:

Melee weapons
Ranged weapons
Off-handers (Shields and the like)
Armor
Headgear (Separate from armor due to the sheer variety of hats that exist)
Wizard stuff (Staves, wands, and crystal balls)
Transportation
Instruments
Living things (Also includes undead things, and robots)
Foodstuff and furniture
Miscellaneous (My 'junk' category, filled with everything that doesn't fit anywhere else)
Wolin's choice (I wander through my house and pick something. Sometimes at random, sometimes because I think it would be fitting/funny, but usually because I realize that I haven't yet added anything like it to the generator yet. A large amount of new entries happen this way, and it's actually responsible for the entire foodstuff and furniture section being added.)

All of those categories are split into however many subcategories as they need to be. And if you haven't guessed by now, these categories really just make templates. The finer details on an item are generally just made up on the spot to give a hint as to what modifiers it has. Speaking of which, modifiers! Those are the real meat of the generator, because they're the things that really make the game what it is. I've had mine in one gigantic metamorphica-esque blob for a while now, but I'm considering moving them to a subtable system like I did with item types in order to save space and make it easier for me to navigate.

I figure I can reveal that much without the game losing too much of its mystery.
Time travel much?

I'm never sure how many w's or l's to put in Wwolin's name, and that's terrible. I honestly hope I'm not the only one.
It helps if you know the origins of his forum name, but I still think I've left out a w in his name before.

Actions!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:45:05 am by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 26, 2014, 10:14:02 pm »

Did someone blow up the world again?
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

solarlight

• Bay Watcher
  • Arrow from the forest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 27, 2014, 01:59:03 pm »

(Of course, did you expect anything else?)
Hai

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 28, 2014, 12:38:44 am »

((It wasn't me this time!))

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight 3: Knight-time
« Reply #398 on: October 28, 2014, 10:23:41 pm »

((Hehe, no, this world hasn't ended just yet. I've just been making some of the later dungeon maps look less stupid. Due to these maps being vast in number, this has taken slightly longer than expected. But, without further ado, here is the turn.))

Walk into the guard room first, there must be something there, right? Besides, we don't want monsters cutting off our escape route.

Edit: And keep my gauntlets up, if that needs to be specified.
Gun at the ready assist in clearing the guard room.
"Best start there don't want anything coming up behind us in the palace."
SURPRISE ATTACK!
(Jaenna spd: 5+1)
(Belkin spd: 3+2)

(Gatekeeper dex: 5+4)
(Jaenna spd: 4+1)
(Gatekeeper str: 3+6)
(Jaenna end: 4+6)

(Gatekeeper end: 5+6)

As Jaenna steps into the guardroom, she barely has a second to react as some sort of huge knight clad in twisted white armor comes crashing across the room, swinging around a weapon that can only be described as an enormous brass key. With a mighty upswing, the knight knocks Jaenna clear out of the room, her gauntlets releasing a storm of jagged red shards as she lands on her feet and skids to a stop outside. These shards fly straight at the knight, embedding themselves into its armor like hundreds of tiny darts, but the layer of corruption on the armor suddenly grows a set of small mouths and literally eats away at the crystals, leaving the knight in just as good condition as it was originally.

Realize I forgot to look for throwing stones, look for throwing stones, and then follow others and throw rocks at monsters & berius's.

Seeing some sort of creepy knight attacking your teammates, you look around for rocks to throw at it. Unfortunately, it seems like the corruption has turned all of the rocks in the area into soft white lumps, which wriggle free from your hands when you try to pick them up.

Go upstairs, look around, especially for bits of the thing that still move

You head upstairs into a long hallway with many doors on both sides. About half of these doors are open, and by one of the closer doors is something that looks like half of a bathtub lying on its side in a pile of porcelain shards. Figuring that it must be the thing that you shot, you give it a poke with the barrel of your rifle, causing it to rock slightly and verifying that it is well and truly dead. Peering through a few of the open doors, you see that they all lead to nearly identical rooms, all strangely devoid of furniture, and with sliding glass doors out in the back leading to equally barren balconies that could serve as nice sniping posts, provided that something roaming around in the building doesn't get you while your back is turned.

Sprint as fast as I can to the new dungeon.
(Toboggan spd: 5+6)
(Smartmouth spd: 5+12)

(Toboggan str: 2-6)
(Smartmouth str: 1+12)

Figuring that Billy has enough protection with Beirus wanting his staff and all, Toboggan gives up on bodyguarding and sprints towards the ruined palace with his trenchcoat flapping in the wind. As he passes through the gates however, he notices something else flapping in the wind, and turns around just in time to see Smartmouth zooming towards the fallen island with the trenchcoat draped over her sword like a towel, using her free hand to flip off Beirus.

"Have you been there this whole time without saying anything? Just make sure you stick close to me so you don't get left behind." Beirus remarks to the invisible thing before turning his attention to Toboggan and Billy.

"Aww, he likes you. How adorable. At least he didn't flash you."
Prepare for dungeon circumvention.
(Beirus aff: 1+6+6+10)

Waving both of your staves around, you summon up a large emerald platform, complete with seats and a guardrail. You try to make some safety restraints for it as well, but as it turns out, emeralds aren't exactly the best material to make seatbelts out of. Your invisible companion doesn't seem to mind however, judging by the soft crunch that one of the seats makes as it presumably sits down. Just as you're adding the last bits of the guardrail to the structure, you're hit in the face by Toboggan's old trenchcoat as Smartmouth climbs onto the platform, middle finger extended and a look of disgust on her face.

"Hey, I'm all good with stealing loot from people, but next time, use your emeralds to scout and at least give me a heads up if they're gonna be NAKED after I steal it. Either that, or you loot me some brain-bleach so that I can unsee it all afterwards."

I have a feeling that this is a great item... I would never learn how to use properly. Or... Hm...

Shout "Activate" or something similar a few times. Then try to win by concentrating on desirable effect.

Despite your shouting and concentrating, the necklace refuses to activate. In fact, with everything that you've tried, you're starting to get the feeling that the effect that it provides is more passive than active. Maybe you should just wander around and do things and see what happens.

Keep doing that attack thing at the thing. Aim for the eye
(Jenkins spd: 1-1)
(Anthropophage spd: 1+2)

(Anthropophage dex: 4+6)
(Jenkins spd: 5-1)
(Anthropophage str: 6+4)
(Jenkins end: 3+6+2)

(Jenkins dex: 6-4)
(Anthropophage spd: 1+2-2)
(Jenkins str: 3+4)
(Anthropophage end: 2)

With a groan like the sound of rusty metal, the creature swings both of its fists like a sledgehammer, launching itself forwards with the force of the blow. It's far too fast for you to dodge, but your shield's sturdy enough that you don't need to, instead merely bracing yourself and using the leverage provided by the pole as well as the monster's momentum to send it crashing to the ground behind you. Then, as it struggles to get back onto its feet with its ungainly limbs, you use your shield as a pickaxe and bring it crashing down upon its single eye, splitting it open like a ripe melon. The beast gives one last shriek before the white flesh covering it seems to slither away, revealing a young man in a bloodstained blue tailcoat with a look of utter bewilderment upon his face.

"Who... No, not who, but what are you? I watched that monstrosity slaughter hunter after hunter while I was trapped in its belly, yet you slew it without so much as breaking a sweat. Surely you must be one of Sudenburg's great heroes, come to deliver our fair city from the corruption which has claimed it?"

Seriously? A 1?

Do stuff.

You find Beirus smack dab in the middle of the fallen island, on a floating platform made from gleaming emeralds. He's kinda hard to miss, really.

Actions!

LIGHTS! CAMERA! UNSPECIFIED ACTIONS!

No, seriously, you didn't specify what your actions were. But hey, nobody tried to murder you this turn, so it all worked out in the end. Sort of.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DUNGEONS (click to show/hide)
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight 3: Knight-Time
« Reply #399 on: October 28, 2014, 10:31:18 pm »

KEEP LIVING. Action PMed.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 05:13:55 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 28, 2014, 10:40:57 pm »

Aim staff at random wall. Invoke.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 10:44:34 pm by Elephant Parade »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 28, 2014, 10:43:04 pm »

Im merely a...traveler from a distant place. What has happened to this place? And who might you be?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 28, 2014, 10:44:39 pm »

Aim staff at NAV, if he doesn't mind.

Aim staff at wall. Invoke.

Stop living.
Spoiler: New character (click to show/hide)
Say, would you mind helping me out? I rolled a 1 on my loot roll, so I'm at a bit of a disadvantage.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 05:03:13 pm by Elephant Parade »

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #403 on: October 28, 2014, 10:53:14 pm »

Distract the knight! Block him, and try to knock his key out of his hands!
My combat skill is terrible, but I won't die!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 28, 2014, 11:14:40 pm »

((Your combat skills are negative...yay, loot for me.))

"How was I supposed to know? My emeralds couldn't get anywhere near the coat."

3.2.1. LIFT OFF!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29