Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: -S P A C E G U N S- Western Sci-Fi w/Optional PVP  (Read 5072 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
-S P A C E G U N S- Western Sci-Fi w/Optional PVP
« on: August 24, 2014, 04:05:33 am »

S P A C E G U N S
Players go up against ruthless outlaws, old friends turned enemy, bounty hunters, one another, et cetera, et cetera.

You have a revolving pistol with six shots and 10 base HP. Percentages indicate the likelihood of the result occurring, each sub-result has an equal chance of occurring. That is to say: 1/6 for each Hit sub-result, and 1/3 for each Malfunction sub-result. The numbers near the listed body parts beneath Hit indicate the amount of damage done.

Hit 50%
 -Head 10
 -Body 5
 -Right Arm 3 [victim drops his gun, if he shoots with this arm he's 10% LESS likely to hit his opponent, condition is permanent until the fight is concluded]
 -Left Arm 3
 -Right Leg 4 [victim is 10% MORE likely to be hit if struck in one leg and can't run, 25% more likely to be hit if struck in both and can only crawl, condition is permanent until the fight is concluded]
 -Left Leg 4

Miss 40%

Malfunction 10%
 -Jam [turn is wasted, cylinder doesn't rotate]
 -Misfire [chambered round is rendered useless, cylinder rotates as normal]
 -Explosion [weapon destroyed, shooting arm damaged]

After the result has been determined, there is always a 1% chance of the result being Critical, which upgrades the result by one tier.
Malfunction > Miss > Hit > Automatic Headshot

I roll a d6 for each player every turn, if it's EVEN you're fast, if it's ODD you're slow. The fast man acts first, but if you're both fast or slow you act at the same time.

Actions
You get one action each turn. Some basic actions you can perform: pull the trigger, rotate the cylinder once in either direction, spin the cylinder (which randomly lands you on one of the six chambers), pick up your fallen gun if you've dropped it, strike your opponent with your weapon if you're close enough, and more. Moving and talking are free actions. Moving is especially important as the scene around you changes whilst your duel unfolds. Talking (roleplaying) helps set the mood and is vital to understand why the two players are fighting, it also makes everything a hell of a lot more fun. Banter and insults are encouraged.

Level
You increase by one level for every fight you win.

You win a fight if you're alive (unconscious, wounded, cut in half, as long as you're not dead) and your opponent is either dead or helpless, or he decides to surrender. After that, it's up to you to decide to spare his life or not. Fights can also end in a draw, if both participants decide they no longer want to fight and lose all their stuff, or if they're both somehow incapacitated.

Code: (Character Sheet) [Select]
[Name]
HP      10/10
PISTOL  [o] o o o o o
LVL     0

Chamber Key
[] = Active Chamber
o = Loaded
x = Empty
- = Misfired

The active chamber moves to the right every time you pull the trigger, unless you jam, and loops on back to the first once it's reached the end. Hopefully you're familiar with how revolvers work.

How to Play
Each player takes turns being the Challenger. The Challenger can choose to fight an NPC at the same level he is, or any other player at or above his current level. You may not challenge players at a lower level than you. If you die, you lose all earned items and upgrades and you have to start from level 0 again.

If you beat someone above your level, you gain the difference between his level and yours, plus the reward for winning the fight.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 11:11:48 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Space Guns: Western Sci-Fi w/Optional PVP
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 04:06:05 am »

Levels
Each time you win a fight, you can choose to spend the levels you earn on rewards. You may bank levels, but if you want the larger rewards, you're gonna have to beat other players above your own level. There's a 1 to 1 exchange rate for levels to get extra max HP. You can only buy upgrades between fights. You can, however, spend a level to affect an individual roll, making you/your opponent shoot worse/better/faster/slower.

If there's something you don't see on the list that you want, go ahead and ask for it and we'll negotiate a fair(ish) price. It's only meant to give you a general idea of what you could buy.

[1] Special bullet (exploding, electrocuting, ricochet, buckshot)
[2] Increased ammo capacity
[3] +1 damage
 l
[5] Upgrade Pistol (Example: Double Action - when the duel starts, always shoot first)
 l
 l
[8] New Pistol
 l
 l
[10] Body Armor

Players
Code: (SaberToothTiger) [Select]
RENE MCCONLEY
HP      10/10
PISTOL  [o] o o o o o
LVL     1

Code: (Playergamer) [Select]
Jim Leifsson
HP      10/10
PISTOL  [o] o o o o o
LVL     0

Code: (NAV) [Select]
Splint Southwood
HP      10/10
PISTOL  [o] o o o o o
LVL     0

Code: (BadLemonsXI) [Select]
Jin Lemon
HP      10/10
PISTOL  [o] o o o o o
LVL     0

Code: (Meme) [Select]
Anthony
HP      10/10
PISTOL  [o] o o o o o
LVL     0

Code: (Execute/Dumbo.exe) [Select]
KNIGHT 93
HP      10/10
PISTOL  [o] o o o o o
LVL     0

Code: (IcyTea31) [Select]
John Doe
HP      10/10
PISTOL  [o] o o o o o
LVL     0

Killed
Nameless Scumbag
IcyTea31/Agnete the Pickled
Execute_Dumbo.exe/KNIGHT 92
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 01:06:36 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: -S P A C E G U N S- Western Sci-Fi w/Optional PVP
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 03:09:12 pm »

Ptw
It's FEF, not FEOF

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 07:24:43 pm »

Character Sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 07:32:25 pm »

OH, OH, MEMEME!
Spoiler: Knight 93 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 09:48:39 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 08:29:43 pm »

You're up first SaberTooth.

Challenge: Choose an NPC or Player (name the player you're going to challenge), call them out (make up a reason as to why you want to fight em'), then name a PLACE and a TIME (or you can describe the place you're at when you issue the challenge and fight him right there in public). You can also let your opponent decide where and when to fight.

Game takes place in the future, there is FTL, there's all kinds of aliens, you can fight anywhere you want. You always start at full health with your gun loaded.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 08:37:39 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 08:55:51 pm »

Code: [Select]
Jim Leifsson
HP      10/10
PISTOL  [o] o o o o o
LVL     0
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 08:56:09 pm »

Splint Southwood.
HP      10/10
PISTOL  [o] o o o o o
LVL     0
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 09:40:58 pm »

I'd like to challenge the first NPC down the line. Why? Well, he spat on my shoes on my way here. I don't take lightly to that kind of offense.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
Re: Space Guns: Western Sci-Fi w/Optional PVP
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2014, 09:58:36 pm »

Code: (BadLemonsXI) [Select]
Jin Lemon
HP      10/10
PISTOL  [o] o o o o o
LVL     0
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 11:32:23 pm »

I'd like to challenge the first NPC down the line. Why? Well, he spat on my shoes on my way here. I don't take lightly to that kind of offense.
Where are you and what's going on around you when you approach this nameless, faceless guy? A brief description is sufficient.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2014, 11:50:16 pm »

Interesting. I'm in.

Agnete the Pickled
HP      10/10
PISTOL  [o] o o o o o
LVL     0
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 05:09:11 am »

In my search of [REDACTED] I knew that he did not have many ambition, excluding perhaps being on a galleon traveling towards the Sun. He looked too ragged and too poor to afford a ship, therefore he would be near the space elevator. When I approached him, he said
"Oi! Yer father kept screwin' a goat instead of his shit ugly wife, and you look like you uphold the tradition!"
Instead of an answer, I challenged him to a duel. His face turned red, perhaps out of anger, perhaps out of fear.
"You!? You want to duel me!? Ha! I doubt ye even got a gun, ye look to scared to hold a banana in yer hand!"
"And you talk instead of fighting! To your position, scumbag."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2014, 11:50:31 am »

The Scumbag backs away from Rene, shaking his head. He really doesn't want to fight. He backs unknowingly into an enclosed heavy cargo lift and Rene follows and taps the door control, sealing them both in. The Scumbag continues walking until he bumps into a small stray crate and nearly falls over. The elevator is about 50 paces long and twice that in width. There are lots of solid-looking metal crates, far too small to hide behind, scattered around as well as a few steel palettes, along with a lone android, a human-type with no synthetic flesh or vocalizer, dutifully loading them one at a time. He doesn't acknowledge your presence. You finish looking around and level your gaze at the Scumbag. His eyes flash and he lunges for his weapon.

[RENE:4 , SCUM:5] Rene doesn't wait for the Scumbag to unsnap his hip holster and pulls first.

[MISS] Rene was a bit hasty and his shot goes wide. The Scumbag screams in terror.

[HIT: Left Leg] The Scumbag gets his gun free and fires. Rene feels a sharp pain and glances down at the ragged hole in his left thigh. He somehow manages not to fall. The Scumbag laughs, suddenly very sure of himself. You're a bit shaky, goat-fucker! What kinda lowtown skin-doc did you have to pay to get the hooves removed? It'll take more than a few implants to keep you alive after I'm finished with ya!

Code: (SaberToothTiger) [Select]
RENE MCCONLEY
HP      6/10 LEFT LEG SHOT
PISTOL  x [o] o o o o
LVL     0

Code: (NPC) [Select]
NAMELESS SCUMBAG
HP      10/10
PISTOL  x [o] o o o o
LVL     0

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2014, 01:07:13 pm »

"Your mother was a whore and your father picked mushrooms on Venus!"
Shoot him!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6