Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Kobold Camp 2014: The Gritty Reboot [40.10][Community Development!]  (Read 31233 times)

Apani

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Architect, Novice Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp 2014: The Gritty Reboot [40.10][Community Development!]
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2015, 12:38:26 pm »

Worldgen keeps rejecting, it says: "FARMING CIVILIZATION PLACED WITHOUT CROPS. The world generator is having trouble placing farming civilizations. Civilizations use available plants in their sorroundings as their initial crops. Make sure your parameters and raw objects have adequate vegetation."
Some of my old Stonesense albums, check them out!

https://imgur.com/a/BjQZnOg

https://imgur.com/a/FmNzHhh

hauntedmoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2015, 04:26:23 pm »

Just wanted to say I really like your mod! I like the tribal kind of feel it gives.

mangulwort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2015, 08:16:11 pm »

I hope someone updates this!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2015, 07:40:35 pm »

I'll work on a basic port that doesn't explore into errors, if nobody else has started one.

Vanilla kobolds generate percussion instruments, but no music forms or musicality. I'm considering adding music and dance forms, plus a chance for a kobold to have a bit of musicality. ((I've only now learned that Toady didn't make up the word 'musicality.'))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2015, 04:55:29 pm »

Kobold Camp for DF 0.42.02

I added in musicality for kobolds. They'll generate percussion instruments, dances, and music forms. They'll occasionally have musicality.
No scholars. It seemed a bit of a stretch with [UTTERANCES], although they seem to be able to tell each other stories just fine.

I barely tested it, but the error log is empty, so I'm sure everything works perfectly :v

Silverware

• Escaped Lunatic
  • WereGeek!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2015, 03:30:06 pm »

Sweet, giving this a shot now.
I always did love Kobold Fortress.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2015, 04:33:27 pm »

Downloaded and will give a shot with 42.03.

I love playing as kobolds. It's a much less stable start.

HelloLion

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:FOOLISH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2015, 03:16:35 pm »

Kobold Camp for DF 0.42.02

I added in musicality for kobolds. They'll generate percussion instruments, dances, and music forms. They'll occasionally have musicality.
No scholars. It seemed a bit of a stretch with [UTTERANCES], although they seem to be able to tell each other stories just fine.

I barely tested it, but the error log is empty, so I'm sure everything works perfectly :v

Hey! I'm so glad someone is trying to keep up with this. I haven't had a lot of/been putting a lot of time into this (obviously), but I was thinking about trying to get it updated for the new version, and it was awesome to see that someone had gotten the ball rolling! Kudos to you.

I am going to test your mod and, assuming you're cool with it, if it works well I will probably use your start as a basis to get a fully-fledged update rolled out over the next couple weeks. I'd love to have more input from you (or anyone else) on this mod! I'm not real good with github but I can try to help you get on the project if you're interested.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2015, 12:12:02 pm »

I am going to test your mod and, assuming you're cool with it, if it works well I will probably use your start as a basis to get a fully-fledged update rolled out over the next couple weeks.
Please do.

I have other things I'd rather focus on than on modding DF, but I'm willing to make a few kobold sprites if needed.

Lostsoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2015, 07:07:21 am »

Good to see that Kobold Camp is getting updated again, here is some input.

It would be wise, to read whole thread again and fix the things, that been mentioned so far, before doing anything else.

Other than that..
The kobold language does not translate anymore, when trying to name your fortress you get. "This strange language cannot be translated."
Stepladder is missing from carpenter? Important tool for getting fruits.
"Make instrument piece" is missing from carpenter, leathermaker and probally from other places too.
Bookcase is missing too. Even if books and writing is un-boldy, I would like to play around with all the new 0.42 features, untill someone gets better idea of how to include them in
koboldis way.  Writing in wooden slabs for example?
Training Grounds are broken, for an example "train dagger" uses training spear instead of dagger.
Bushcrafter workshop: Typo, "shell sheld" I believe it should be "shield".   
Other one in bushcrafter, to build "Shell hammer" you need bone body parts, instead of shells?

Probally will find more to fix, when my camp gets bigger.

As for new ideas, the wild life feels too harmless and cowardly to me, in this version.
How about giving dangerous creatures more valuable bones? Or making new predators, that would be very hard to take down, so only big group of kobolds could kill one, but it would give would give a lot of meat and valuable hide/bones. I think this would add more tribal feeling, just think about ancient humans hunting mammoths

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2015, 11:47:48 am »

The kobold language does not translate anymore, when trying to name your fortress you get. "This strange language cannot be translated."
I'm blaming [UTTERANCES].

Looks like they need metal by default. (Joke fix suggestion: Make buckets work like stepladders.)

Training Grounds are broken, for an example "train dagger" uses training spear instead of dagger.
I looked at it out of curiosity. I don't know why the training ground works without throwing errors. It asks for mis-named training weapons, which seems to be making it jump to the next entry's requirements.

HelloLion

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:FOOLISH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 25, 2015, 05:39:00 pm »

Good to see that Kobold Camp is getting updated again, here is some input.

It would be wise, to read whole thread again and fix the things, that been mentioned so far, before doing anything else.

Other than that..
"Make instrument piece" is missing from carpenter, leathermaker and probally from other places too.
Bookcase is missing too. Even if books and writing is un-boldy, I would like to play around with all the new 0.42 features, untill someone gets better idea of how to include them in
koboldis way.  Writing in wooden slabs for example?
Bushcrafter workshop: Typo, "shell sheld" I believe it should be "shield".   
Other one in bushcrafter, to build "Shell hammer" you need bone body parts, instead of shells?

Probally will find more to fix, when my camp gets bigger.

As for new ideas, the wild life feels too harmless and cowardly to me, in this version.
How about giving dangerous creatures more valuable bones? Or making new predators, that would be very hard to take down, so only big group of kobolds could kill one, but it would give would give a lot of meat and valuable hide/bones. I think this would add more tribal feeling, just think about ancient humans hunting mammoths

My plan is absolutely to look through the issues people have had with the mod, though to be honest a couple of them I have not been able to recreate.

Nirur Torir explains the "strange language" situation perfectly. It is, unless I am mistaken this is being caused by the [UTTERANCES] tag. I haven't had the time to weigh the pros/cons of different speech tags with the new version, but I will investigate.

Nirur Torir also nails the stepladder issue. That should be an easy fix thanks for making me aware of it.

I'll investigate "Make instrument piece", I believe this has something to do with how Nirur Torir played with kobold musicality. I will investigate this and try to find a compromise I like.

I'll not include bookcase until/unless I have a good idea for how to make it bold-y. It just doesn't fit the theme and I'd prefer to leave it out for now unless I'm struck with inspiration.

I'm aware of the Training Grounds issue and will get to the bottom of it.

I forget how "shell" works right now but I believe I kept the name for flavor but have had trouble with the way shells worked. I will investigate.

Kobold Camp does nothing to change wildlife behavior. I can look into adding some new creatures at some point if there's demand but even if I do your embark site will always be the biggest factor.

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief! Protect the hoard from skulking filth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2017, 08:29:26 am »

is this still being worked on or is it dead ???
adamantine, the only material that can be honed to an edge so fine it can cut light, cleave steel like butter, and sever heads with the enthusiasm of a deranged bloodthirsty child.

Turn those goblinoid uglybolds into adorable cutebolds

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2017, 10:13:45 pm »

You just revived a thread more than a year old. I invite you to draw your own conclusions.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2017, 11:25:05 pm »

I think this is the up-to-date version.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=156989.0
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]