Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.10 Released  (Read 27209 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.10 Released
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2014, 07:11:31 pm »

"and put some other things inside"

There's already a os version http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=128960 with plenty of other features.
I assume the "other things" include a proper icon, an Info.plist, and a few other files that make DF behave more like an OS X app than a command-line executable.

Is it compatible with .09 saves?

New versions are always backwards compatible with the previous versions since the last "not backwards compatible" version unless Toady states otherwise.
Save compatibility is also mentioned in "release notes.txt" (in the main DF folder).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2014, 10:31:14 pm »

Any chance that creatures in cages that are built will use the graphic tiles instead of the "tileset ones", in 40.xx.

The bottom right goblin in the one above is the bottom rightanimal stockpile in the first one(holding the axe). Plus when I had the cat in the "built" cage it showed up as c or C whichever it uses. Don't mind the armor graphics that's from text will be text a dfhack pluggin. I would have just used vanilla df but the creatures show up the same even in vanilla so I saw no point to make more screenshots.

The reason creatures show up as graphics in the first place is because of [GRAPHICS:YES] setting it to no makes them use the texts so perhaps if you added a [DEAD_CAGE_GRAPHICS:YES] would be very nice. Since the creatures do show up as text when dead. Idk if any mods overide that, since there are some dead animal 16x16 tiles in some graphic mods.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 11:51:40 pm by LeoCean »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2014, 11:52:03 am »

so perhaps if you added a [DEAD_CAGE_GRAPHICS:YES] would be very nice. Since the creatures do show up as text when dead. Idk if any mods overide that, since there are some dead animal 16x16 tiles in some graphic mods.
The dead animal graphics are for the zombie and skeleton undead versions of the animals.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2014, 01:39:29 pm »

Seems like morale is working much, much better. While playing adventure mode, I was ambushed by goblins. In previous versions, they would have ran in terror as soon as they encountered me. This time, they charged right at me. I managed to kill one of them, and they only got a little bit nervous. I ran away from their superior numbers, but they caught up to me and killed me. Adventure Mode should be a lot more interesting now (even though less people are randomly killing each other).

On the other hand, I'm not sure the excessive necromancer tower problem is fixed.

GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2014, 04:29:44 am »

What settings do you use to get that many towers? I would kinda like to try a map like that out, since gobbos seem to be in such limited supply now.
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2014, 11:06:44 am »

I used one of the default settings, I think.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

EinsteinSatDown

• Bay Watcher
  • Return to the Corn Fields
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2014, 11:42:13 pm »

Soon....

Morhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2014, 05:40:00 am »

Today I was like "Hmmm, I hadnt checked on DF for quite a while, maybe.. OH MY GOD A NEW BUILD!!!!!1111"
Time to take a vacation, and possibly tell my girlfriend that "I need some time apart". Now, where did I left my pickaxe..?
This day going to be perfect!

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2014, 02:25:59 pm »

Thanks for working hard on such a great game toady
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Spectre Incarnate

• Bay Watcher
  • Possibly inside a dragon's toothy maw.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2014, 02:45:41 pm »

Time to take a vacation, and possibly tell my girlfriend that "I need some time apart".

I know you're probably joking, but you could ask her if she wants to learn to play? Husband and I have way more fun playing games together, often the same game at the same time even if they're single player, discussing and comparing (but not necessarily competing).

When we played Morrowind "together" and I was exploring landscapes, he made a character with the name of an NPC who's house he really liked, kllled the NPC, and took the house for himself. Filled it and decorated it with hundreds of lit candles, as many as he could find. Friggin hilarious.

"You're evil, you know that?"
"No, no, I'm (NPCnamehere)."
" Dork.  ::) :P "

The in-game text has punctuation!  Who knew?
Mister Adams,
How many licks does it take to get to the [candy] center of a Dwarf Fortress?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2014, 04:16:39 pm »

Seems like morale is working much, much better. While playing adventure mode, I was ambushed by goblins. In previous versions, they would have ran in terror as soon as they encountered me. This time, they charged right at me. I managed to kill one of them, and they only got a little bit nervous. I ran away from their superior numbers, but they caught up to me and killed me. Adventure Mode should be a lot more interesting now (even though less people are randomly killing each other).

On the other hand, I'm not sure the excessive necromancer tower problem is fixed.

Toady One fixed this again, they were apparently still acting like towns, so he disabled that aspect of them because it's too confusing right now.

Time to take a vacation, and possibly tell my girlfriend that "I need some time apart".

I know you're probably joking, but you could ask her if she wants to learn to play? Husband and I have way more fun playing games together, often the same game at the same time even if they're single player, discussing and comparing (but not necessarily competing).

When we played Morrowind "together" and I was exploring landscapes, he made a character with the name of an NPC who's house he really liked, kllled the NPC, and took the house for himself. Filled it and decorated it with hundreds of lit candles, as many as he could find. Friggin hilarious.

"You're evil, you know that?"
"No, no, I'm (NPCnamehere)."
" Dork.  ::) :P "

Offtopic, you should post in one of the general discussion threads in the lower boards.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2014, 03:13:59 pm »

Hey Toady One, question regarding http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=7764 for the next release. Will towns affected by this bug in a 40.10 save be reverted to normal when I move the save into 40.11? I'm just wondering because theres this former town of my adventurers civ that I'd really like to free from a major occupation, but I don't want the town to get screwed up by the bug.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2014, 07:03:16 pm »

If you leave the town to the point where it offloads entirely (so get it well off the travel map) and come back it might be fixed -- the game updates the town resources, but it's not 100% clear how well it'll work.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 2 [3]