Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (WIP) Vendayn's Skyrim Huge Mod Compilation  (Read 6833 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(WIP) Vendayn's Skyrim Huge Mod Compilation
« on: August 24, 2014, 03:26:57 pm »

Since my phone can't edit on this forum. And some people had issues with me posting too much on the Skyrim thread. I am making this a new thread. Then I don't clog up the Skyrim thread with posts. Since I can't edit, I have to post instead.

As for the mod. I finally, after almost an entire month is in testing stages. Skyrim folder is 51gb, so quite a lot of mods. Most focus on gameplay/content, not graphics. Mostly lore friendly, but not entirely.

I will be doing a 100+ play through to make sure it all works. Estimate is a release next month, but I'm not going to rush it. So could be longer. Especially if issues come up.

Here is something I posted recently on the Skyrim thread.

You can be a bandit, and run your own crew. Rob people along the road, be a robin hood style character.

Be a predator (THE PREDATOR) and terrorize Skyrim...or/and be a Predator that transforms into a dragon that has a pirate ship with a motley crew...that finds colorful eggs...yeah a Predator that likes colorful eggs

Be a hunter! Live in the wilderness and hunt, staying away from cities and living solely with villages and in the wild. Or! Be a druid! One with the animals...

Or are you a Necromancer? Strip the corpses of your victims...raise the corpse as the undead!

Be a treasure hunter! Many treasures to find throughout Skyrim...and eggs...but predators are best colorful easter egg hunters. ;P

Own property! Own all of Skyrim and make money money money!

Mount and Blade the best combat? NO! Skyrim now has the best melee combat of any game! You think Dark Souls is hard? HA! JOKE IS ON YOU!

Speaking of the easiness of Dark Souls...don't fight Dragons at a low level. Yeah...not punching bags anymore I can tell you that! I saw one destroy an entire Legion! And it started a forest fire that killed a rabbit...poor rabbit :(

Be a dragon yourself! Still don't fight dragons...but be a Dragon and be the terrorizer of Skyrim! Or a friendly dragon...a vegetarian dragon...that finds...COLORFUL EASTER EGGS!

EXPLORE MORROWIND WITH THE OPEN BORDERS OF SKYRIM!
AND HAMMERFELL!
AND WYRMSTOOTH!
AND ELSWEYR!
AND another one that I have yet to discover...FIND IT YOURSELF!

BE a part of the Aldmeri Dominion! OR FIGHT THE HORDES THAT ARE INVADING SKYRIM!

It is a three way war...no lame warcraft cloned factions. Back to the DAOC days with you! It is now...Stormcloaks, Imperials and Aldmeri! All fighting for control of Skyrim!

Become a Sims, through building and decorating a 100% customizable home...better than that DLC home...

AND SPEND LOTS OF MONEY! You will spend so much gold! YOU'LL BE BROKE!

And lastly...you will have to survive all this...in a cold...harsh...frozen wasteland...with hunger, battle injuries, sicknesses, the cold itself...

SO MUCH TO DO!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 05:01:21 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: (WIP) Vendayn's Skyrim Huge Mod Compilation
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 03:37:36 pm »

Be a pedo in real life with the Monli pedo loli race with bouncy physic huge breasts, because something for everyone
... about 98% sure linking to something with that included will be pretty explicitly against the forum's ToS. Nude mods in general would, actually. You seem to be doing something vaguely interesting, so it would probably be nice if your thread didn't get locked and you, yourself, banned.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

(int) magicMissile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 03:42:13 pm »

This sounds goods.
I Love Bacon

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 05:03:29 pm »

Be a pedo in real life with the Monli pedo loli race with bouncy physic huge breasts, because something for everyone
... about 98% sure linking to something with that included will be pretty explicitly against the forum's ToS. Nude mods in general would, actually. You seem to be doing something vaguely interesting, so it would probably be nice if your thread didn't get locked and you, yourself, banned.

Its actually a joke. Cause a huge majority of Skyrim mods are loli based. Which is funny. But anime women in general look loli like.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 05:21:55 pm »

Sounds great, very interested.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 10:24:48 pm »

Mod works thus far. Playing as a dragon is a lot of fun. I plan to put more physics in. Cause modern games shouldn't be so static and 2001 like. So far a few hairs have realistic physics and realistic movement. Same with a few extra things being put in. Like I said, I'm aiming more for gameplay. But the physics add a lot of immersion for me. They may be CPU intensive though, but my old crappy CPU doesn't have any issues thus far. My system is more low-mid end with some better parts to it, and I get 30-35 FPS on average. So, if you have a sorta crappy PC like I have, with a bit more modern hardware...should be playable if you don't expect the magical 60 fps.

BTW. It seems dragons show up even before the quest is started. So enjoy running away. :p did make that part more up to the user with how strong they are. But they are still a lot harder.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 11:10:22 pm by Vendayn »

sirboomalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 02:53:40 am »

Well you have me intrigued, and I got bored with the main game just 6 hours in and never played it again. Will I need to get the dlc?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 07:42:34 am »

god speed Vendy, looking forward to your compilation!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 01:14:57 pm »

god speed Vendy, looking forward to your compilation!

Thanks. :)

To let you guys know, due to me beta testing a mod just today (its a race mod using physics, not exactly lore friendly, but if included its only for the player anyway)...and kind of got involved out of nowhere. SURPRISE! I'm a beta tester! :P

I'm either going to wait longer to upload the mod (I need time to test it anyway like I said)...or if it takes too long, may just upload it without it. But, I'd rather include it in the compilation (especially if it ends up being good). And also since I don't really want to hunt down every single file it has, since mod organizer wouldn't install it properly. And, I'm not interested in going behind the guys back and releasing his beta mod that was really for me (and any other beta testers) and him. That is rather douchey and inconsiderate and lame, and I'd rather not get a bad rep to begin with especially over there on loverslab. Even if not, its still lame and douchey. (I don't really recommend looking up loverslab for the average person.There is a lot of adult content there, so be warned...but I find a ton of actual immersive and good content too...amidst the adult stuff which some of it is rather weird and a lot of it is clothing stuff or weird adult stuff. But, a lot of it is actually rather next gen next gen futuristic gaming stuff though that no game dev even thinks of using. Just don't go there if offended easily).

Anyway, that is the update. At this point, due to severe PC issues  and really needing to upgrade some of my old 7 year old hardware (motherboard/ram is 7 years old, PSU is 4-5 years old)...and needing a new harddrive...+beta testing the mod AND also making sure my own mod works...I can give an estimate release of October or November to be safe. Not the original september as I planned. I know a bit away, but I'd rather do this properly. And I didn't realize my PC was suddenly going to suddenly give me these issues...which have been building up for some time, but has gotten nasty recently.

Today I couldn't even launch steam AT all...no logo, no nothing...just wouldn't start at all. Installing it again, didn't work...restarting PC didn't work...eventually did a system restore to fix it. Luckily so far can still do stuff. But, as of now...I'm using this PC to the very end I guess and it is hanging on by a very thin tiny string lol.

Anyway, once it is released...I'm sure a lot of you will love it. :) A lot of content here, while being playable on most mid-end machines (as long as you don't expect 60 FPS). I get 30-40 FPS with this mod setup, which for my machine...that is actually surprisingly good from when I was having 20-25 FPS lol.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 01:32:14 pm by Vendayn »