Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Tavern Outside of the Omniverse  (Read 10679 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Tavern Outside of the Omniverse
« on: August 24, 2014, 08:31:02 pm »

Tavern Outside of the Omniverse

One day, a young adventurer went delving into a magic infested tomb.  He managed to get through many of the traps, but when he came upon the central chamber, he was completely unprepared for the assault the Mage within sent his way.  However, he did manage to strike a powerful blow upon the Mage, just as the magic the Mage had prepared launched into him.  A freak coincidence, when combined with the spell and nature of the place, wound up bringing both of them out of their universe, outside of their multiverse, and, somehow, outside of the omniverse, along with the ruins.  Somehow, both became immortal, and able to heal from any wound, including complete obliteration.  After a time, they both grew tired of their battle, and, through careful usage of the magics that surrounded them, the Mage was able to create gateways to different places within the Omniverse.

While at first they wound up adventuring through the various areas, they eventually grew bored, and converted the ruins into a colossal tavern, becoming the first barkeeps of it.  Now, 13540 years later, the tavern is a booming business, ruins enchanted to scale beings to be within 12' if they are larger than that, or 3' if smaller than that, without any damage, and reversion to prior scale if they exit the tavern.  This is combined with another enchantment that causes all peoples within to understand languages spoken by any other.

Because of its unique location and creative abuse of gateways, anyone from any universe in any multiverse can come have a drink with anyone from any other universe in any other multiverse, partaking of any drink from any universe in any multiverse.  So come to the tavern and drink a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster with Thor, Godzilla, and Jeff the Killer while swapping stories of conquests with Cacame, the Elven King of the Dwarves!  The tavern opens up from the cleanup of a prior fight that got out of control before Cthulu could remove the brawlers, now.

Spoiler: Internal Mechanics (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Tavern Outside of the Omniverse
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 08:43:28 pm »

Cool. Let me just roll to see who comes in...

Is it ok if I play the persona of myself I've established on the forum?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 08:44:30 pm »

Is it ok if I play the persona of myself I've established on the forum?

(Certainly)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 08:52:07 pm »

Awesome.

A crippled old man in a pointed hat steps into the taverns. His beard was long and bluish-grey; his robes were an unfathomable, sky blue. He held a staff made of the souls of long-dead souls, his skin unnaturally pale, and his ears long and pointed. He calmly takes a seat at the bar and sets his staff next to him. He gestures to the bartender, who grimly nods and passes him several glass mugs, with the liquids inside strange hues such as a vivid red, pale blue, stony grey, and moon-white.

He begins to drink each mug in turn.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 08:56:14 pm »

can i use a character that has died?
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 08:58:12 pm »

(Because of Multiverses, there's at least one universe where they are alive, so, yes.)

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 09:02:59 pm »

(There's at least one universe where they are alive.)
awesome

a woman walks into the bar. bald, naked, carrying a bronze spear and covered in pouches. "hi everybody i got killed after i tortured a bunch of people so im gonna hang out here for a while im tuypogina bring me something alcoholic" she is brought some cider "hey you wizard i wanna try something could you make me some fire i want to see what it does to alcohol".

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 09:12:56 pm »

Staring at the counter, a human man with brown hair with a generous sprinkling of dust in it, blue eyes, and a pickaxe across his back dourly drank a mug of dwarven wine (say what you will about the dwarves, they make some damn fine drink). Some woman walked in, naked, pouches everywhere, and announced that she had been killed after torturing people. The man stared at her. "Oooof course," the man muttered to himself. "Can't go a damn dimension without running into giant spiders or crazy people or god-entities or crazy people. Adventuring is the worst."

The man took another sip of wine.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 09:41:13 pm »

(While NPC's aren't my job.  I will use them to step in on occasions like this.)

The barkeep looked at the woman who came in for a few seconds, having arrived like an uncountable number had arrived in the past, reached under the counter and tossed a set of clothes to her.

(I request that people don't have their characters enter in the nude, as I do not want this thread to lock, and that will wind up locking the thread.)

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2014, 09:43:26 pm »

(While NPC's aren't my job.  I will use them to step in on occasions like this.)

The barkeep looked at the woman who came in for a few seconds, having arrived like an uncountable number had arrived in the past, reached under the counter and tossed a set of clothes to her.

(I request that people don't have their characters enter in the nude, as I do not want this thread to lock, and that will wind up locking the thread.)
tuypogina mumbles "fine you know back home on the plains we dident even have clothes" she puts the clothes on and resumes sitting down at the table

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 09:57:16 pm »

The wizard eyes the woman oddly.

"Ooooo...kaaaaaaay..."

He then conjures a little fire, a scrap of wood, and a small stone tray, and creates a little flame for her. He resumes indulging in his drink.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2014, 10:00:56 pm »

The wizard eyes the woman oddly.

"Ooooo...kaaaaaaay..."

He then conjures a little fire, a scrap of wood, and a small stone tray, and creates a little flame for her. He resumes indulging in his drink.
"thanks" she says and proceeds to put the fire into her drink which flares up considerably. "hm interesting"

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 09:38:11 pm »

in walks a woman followed by a crowd of rabbits tuypogina looks up and says hey Akkata how you doing I see the tribe has cloths now whats with all the rabbits hows conrak

"oh shit not tuypogina I cant deal with this right now" im going to go settle into a room"

(with the 2 character at a time limit I will just chuck the characters im not using in a room of the inn)

and with that she heads upstairs

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2014, 10:17:44 pm »

Spoiler: Kyle (click to show/hide)

The above man walks into the tavern and sits himself at the bar.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2014, 10:57:18 pm »

Glancing at the new arrival at the bar, the dust covered miner mutters something half-hearted in greeting before getting back to sipping at his drink.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12