Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "You feel uneasy"...orly? v4.10  (Read 3241 times)

Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"You feel uneasy"...orly? v4.10
« on: August 24, 2014, 10:23:54 pm »

Looking at the update notes for 4.10, it looked like a lot of the AI bugs were fixed. However...

So I entered a human town and got the message "you feel uneasy". On the outskirts, I saw a squad of goblins closing in. I kited them a bit before I realized they weren't going to attack, just follow. They didn't attack the townspeople either.

Interestingly, even though I spawned as a human, belonging to the largest human civ, it placed me deep in Goblin territory, in an empty bandit camp near some dark pits. I wasn't well equipped so I made for the nearest human town.

Is it possible my human was considered partially of the goblin faction, because of the starting point? I am going to remake the world, but hold on to the save.

If there is a bug for this, can someone link the tracker page for me?

WCG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That's interesting...
Re: "You feel uneasy"...orly? v4.10
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 07:51:21 am »

So I entered a human town and got the message "you feel uneasy". On the outskirts, I saw a squad of goblins closing in. I kited them a bit before I realized they weren't going to attack, just follow. They didn't attack the townspeople either.

That's happened to me, too (in 0.40.08). Did you talk to the townspeople? They told me that a bandit gang (the goblins, apparently) were harassing people in the street. The goblins told me they were on a mission (couldn't get any details). There wasn't any fighting in the town. It was just the goblins throwing their weight around.

You were ambushed, but they weren't violently hostile. I think that's a feature, not a bug. The goblins did attack my party, eventually, but only after I demanded that one of them yield and pulled out my weapon. Even then, they just punched and kicked my two followers, leaving their weapons strapped to their bodies.

One of my followers immediately yielded, so they left him alone. The other boasted that he had no fear of death, so then they took their weapons and killed him.  :)

In my current game, I've got a goblin spearman as follower. He'd apparently made a name for himself before I encountered him, so he's not the coward that most followers tend to be these days. And he's even faster than I am. When we were ambushed by a goblin elite crossbowman vampire, the vampire took one look at my follower and ran away. My follower ran after him, and both were so fast I couldn't keep up, even sprinting.

I guess that doesn't have anything to do with the bandits, though, huh?  :P

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 06:06:13 pm »

They will approach you together and demand you yield and drop equipment then they pick it up. I had no choice it was 6 weaponmasters on my fresh adventure  :'(
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 06:09:05 pm by Shizmoo »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 06:18:08 pm »

Sometimes they'll not take anything at all, or they'll ignore your superiorly worked sword for a finely crafted battleaxe.

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 06:26:48 pm »

If you refuse their demand to yield they will attack you non-lethal. Its funny because they will pound on you forever until they pass out. When they do you have easy kills on them while your armor/shield/observer is boosted. Probably should be changed so they eventually switch to lethal when you dont comply for a while.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 04:57:07 am »

or you know, just wrestle whatever they can grab off you and leave you broken and beaten

oh_no

Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 03:55:16 pm »

I never demanded I yield though.

I don't know, I think the AI still needs some tweaking.

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 04:02:00 pm »

You probably killed them too fast for them to get to that point. If you attack one they all should turn hostile or flee.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 04:08:32 pm »

fun is recruiting one for adventures and watching said companion rob another.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 04:14:17 pm »

or you know, just wrestle whatever they can grab off you and leave you broken and beaten

Yeah, had this happen to me in an early adventurer (in 40.01 I believe), I defied some bandits, who then caught up with me (despite me trying to run), beat me bloody and the only thing that they ended up stealing was a shoe I think. Of course though, that one crashed when I tried to sleep off my wounds due to an army related crash.

a smiling bearded cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOTHOUGHT][NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2014, 09:17:32 pm »

if not strong, avoid generally stationary asterisk.

if strong but generous, avoid. if your character has bay 12 tattoo, then it is very clear what to do.

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2014, 03:02:19 pm »

As OP posted (sorry for semi-necro):

"If there is a bug for this, can someone link the tracker page for me?"

I've searched around as best I can but can't find it.

I'm getting this a lot in 40.19. I wish they'd ask that I throw my stuff down. Instead they surround me in a revolving group while I walk around. I attacked them and the townspeople said I initiated, so I feel that if I RP this I'll get a rep for being an arse.

I'd previously charged into a goblin camp, and most goblins wouldn't wake up in spite of fighting and some would just sit there going "a weapon?!" while maybe 3 or 4 at most would attack.

This is the only significant thing that frustrates me with this version (aside from sitting idly while reloading arrows/bolts, which I thought was addressed according to a dev post but apparently not). But of course the rest is awesome.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2014, 09:54:04 pm »

As a dwarf militia dude turned bounty hunter I was wandering the country side to a hamlet. They surrounded me and demanded me to yield, at which point I beat the shit out of them unarmed in a rather harass manner. However, I savescummed in order to do some science. After doing a bunch of different things, I ended up, after several reloads: getting beat to shit even after yielding and unconscious, even though I stabbed one, so maybe they had slight cause to do so, yielding after bitchslapping one, then nothing happens, whilst they sit around me and boast, and get attacked when I try to leave, one time after switching back and forth between yield and punch, and other antics, they got pissed and switched to lethal first, and poked a rod through my skull. So yeah, the AI is a bit bizarre and glitchy. It's rather hit and miss. Also, what is the deal with yielding, you can get out of a lot of non-no-quarter (quarter?) fights just by yielding and slipping away, don't know if intentional or not.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars