Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Arms Race Aurora 4x NMC IC Thread  (Read 4525 times)

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race Aurora 4x NMC IC Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2016, 03:10:48 am »

I have no complaints.
What do you think about building a stopgap combat vessel and missile? That is, probably a 6kton ASM combattant, mounting a few size-6 tubes?

@Vivalas: What else do you need from us for the next turn?

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2016, 01:57:18 pm »

Well the voting phase officially starts on friday, since the turn is processed on sunday, but I don't think a formal voting phase is necessary at this point, until more people are active.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2016, 02:33:02 pm »

I have summed up our current proposals:

Spoiler: Tech Plan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shipyard Plan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ship Tenders (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Naval Expansion Plan (click to show/hide)

In addition, we should probably think about a military doctrine.
Lastly, I was thinking about whether we should ask them to form a combined surveillance force for the Washington jump point.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2016, 08:52:34 pm »

If it is just a stopgap then I would just as soon use beams for missile defence to save on supply efforts and hope that it is enough...
As representative of the cavern-folk who lived underground instead of in the prefabricated dome-settlements we learned to make do with what we could and hide what we couldn't. Supplying missiles that will be obsolete by the time the next grand meeting smells of a desperation that I do not yet foresee. Still, we have seen little of open warfare, so will defer to your judgement.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2016, 06:03:54 pm »

Reminder that the first turn ends on 12:00 AM CST on 7/17. Make sure to finalize your plans and come to agreenment amongst yourselves by then.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2016, 12:02:05 pm »

Apologies for the delays, this turns out to be a lot harder than I imagined, especially since I have to manage both factions at once, which makes switching back and forth a chore to make sure all these conditions are met. The update will be posted tomorrow since I'm burnt out on this already, and I'm going to need to establish guidelines to make this easier for future turns.
- Charles Babbage

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2016, 09:10:49 pm »

With a week between turns I expect we can wait a couple of days for updates, so no rush, and it is impressive to even start a project like this.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2016, 10:18:47 am »

I deeply apologize, but I will be unable to continue this game. I underestimated the clunkiness of Aurora's interface when it comes to supporting endeavors like this, and I definitely won't be able to keep up with the workload of this when school starts in a few weeks, so yeah. Again, I'm really sorry since it seems like you guys put a lot of effort and calculations into your work, and it feels like I made you do all that for nothing.  :-[

Of course, if any of you think you are man enough to GM this yourself, and you want to, I can hand it over to you, but I don't think anyone would want to do that.
- Charles Babbage

Pages: 1 [2]