Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30

Author Topic: You are a reawakened Tribal mask (RPSG)  (Read 31206 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Tribal mask (SG)
« Reply #270 on: September 30, 2014, 05:06:24 pm »

((you guys want to pass that topaz proposal immediately for convenience?))

[[Don't be ridiculous, that would require Topaz's proposal to be passed to be feasible]]

[[I'm fine with it.]]
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #271 on: September 30, 2014, 05:11:40 pm »

I think I have already voted on all the proposals and really have nothing to add (at the moment). Is there any disagreement among the remaining Stones on any of the issues? Right now, it seems like this turn will be a bit of a blank turn.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 05:15:14 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 30, 2014, 05:15:38 pm »

I think I have already voted on all the proposals and really have nothing to add (at the moment). Is there any disagreement among the remaining Stones on any of the issues? Right now, it seems like this turn will be a bit of a blank turn.
((yours is more drastic, but also seems to be smoother.))
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 30, 2014, 07:03:42 pm »

((yours is more drastic, but also seems to be smoother.))
((Yeah, it most likely is, as I made no attempt to smooth it out. I just wanted to throw a thing togeather because I'm lazy and couldn't be bothered to make anything better. Yours looks great, and I would tinker around with it if I had python 3.0 (or any knowledge of such). As a small side note, I made a couple changes to my web version, like making the text input multiline.))
((Oh yeah, if it matters, that code is in 2.7))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 30, 2014, 07:07:51 pm »

((This kind of code seems like it could be a useful resource for FG&RP. Perhaps make a thread for it~?))

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #275 on: September 30, 2014, 07:20:06 pm »

(Regarding the code, I am a bit flattered, but to be honest, the only difference I have noticed between 2.7 and 3.x is that print is a function an will raise an ExceptionError if used as before. My own code got a bit muddled after I decided to use YUV colors for the backend (not that there is much of a separation between that and the frontend) for their better basis in human perception and most of the time spent on the script was spent on removing errors in the conversion functions. Your code is a lot neater and less bloated, from my somewhat limited perspective.

Regarding the FG&RP resources, I release my own code to whatever is the most permissive license possible under the constraints of the forum TOC and copyright law. Copy, modify, and stuff however you like for whatever you want even without attribution to Kilojoule Proton.

Finally, for anyone wanting to use my code who does not want to have to learn Python to modify it, vel controls the random variation from character to character (bigger -> more variation), h_len controls how slowly the color cycle progresses (bigger -> slower), and amp controls how much the cyclical change even affects anything. They all have three values. The first is the brightness, the second is the difference between green and blue, and the third is the difference between green and red. Thus, you can actually make the output have constant luminance and varying hue or constant hue and varying luminance or anything in between.)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 07:28:45 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 30, 2014, 07:34:35 pm »

((I guess I might make a thread for these in the Creative Projects section. I'm not really sure where it would go. CP seems like the right place, even though it does more closely relate to FG&RP, so IDK where to put it. Any thoughts/advice?))
Edit1:
(Regarding the code, I am a bit flattered, but to be honest, the only difference I have noticed between 2.7 and 3.x is that print is a function an will raise an ExceptionError if used as before. My own code got a bit muddled after I decided to use YUV colors for the backend (not that there is much of a separation between that and the frontend) for their better basis in human perception and most of the time spent on the script was spent on removing errors in the conversion functions. Your code is a lot neater and less bloated, from my somewhat limited perspective.

Regarding the FG&RP resources, I release my own code to whatever is the most permissive license possible under the constraints of the forum TOC and copyright law. Copy, modify, and stuff however you like for whatever you want even without attribution to Kilojoule Proton.

Finally, for anyone wanting to use my code who does not want to have to learn Python to modify it, vel controls the random variation from character to character (bigger -> more variation), h_len controls how slowly the color cycle progresses (bigger -> slower), and amp controls how much the cyclical change even affects anything. They all have three values. The first is the brightness, the second is the difference between green and blue, and the third is the difference between green and red. Thus, you can actually make the output have constant luminance and varying hue or constant hue and varying luminance or anything in between.)
((Thank you! The main reason (I think) mine is smaller is that I just used two RGB numbers to make a simple linear gradient instead of your YUV magics that allow it to go between multiple colors not in a linear progression.))

Edit2:((Also, I have a tendency of repeated edits on a post. I guess it's a carry-over from text chats, where I have a wierd habit of using enter instead of commas. Sorry bout that. :/))
Edit3:((Hmm. My web code seems to be dropping newlines. ??? BUG FIX TIME))
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 08:58:46 pm by XXXXYYYY »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 01, 2014, 04:37:28 pm »

((Yes.))

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 01, 2014, 05:45:26 pm »

Several proposals Finally pass!

"Much better." The being's voice rings out in your mind. "Normally i would beat around the bush, but I basically already know everything about you. so here is the Deal, Been stuck here for about thirteen cycles of reality being destroyed and recreated. and I am getting very bored, so if you let a portion of my essence free as a... diplomat, in your little self contained world, I might have a trick or two for you. you cannot help but wonder if all voices sound purple in your mind.

Spoiler: Shattered (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Proposals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 01, 2014, 06:40:54 pm »

Who are you? Why were you locked in there in the first place?

((Yes.))
((??))

((Also, I drew a thing:))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((It did not scan in well. :/ But yeah, I was bored and drew some of the easier ones to draw using descs and affinities. I'm not really satisfied with Kilojoule's, but whatever.))

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #280 on: October 01, 2014, 06:57:43 pm »

I suggest that we learn more about this being before freeing it on the world. It said it has been here for multiple cycles of creation and destruction, but could it be that it is the one responsible for the destruction itself? We may begin by asking it of whether any other CONSTANTS of reality exist, what they do, where they are, of their power, and if it has met anyone or anything with a name remotely close to the LANDLORD OF THE MAIN TENANT or the LONG NOW.

Spoiler: OOC? (click to show/hide)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 01, 2014, 06:59:04 pm »

This merits consideration. But what could it do if it joins us? Could it take our power, or usurp us? I suppose we should ask more of it.

Proposal: Ask for a small demonstration of the being's powers inside the cage, so that we may have more information when we consider whether we should let it join us.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #282 on: October 01, 2014, 07:01:29 pm »

This merits consideration. But what could it do if it joins us? Could it take our power, or usurp us? I suppose we should ask more of it.

Proposal: Ask for a small demonstration of the being's powers inside the cage, so that we may have more information when we consider whether we should let it join us.
+1

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 01, 2014, 07:35:21 pm »

Also ask it to define "diplomat"

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #284 on: October 01, 2014, 07:44:13 pm »

Also ask it to define "diplomat"
+1. Oh, the things diplomats can get away with doing!

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30