Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37

Author Topic: Knights of the Empire (FEF IC) Chapter III: More than meets the eye  (Read 25756 times)

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is the IC Thread. For all OOC comment, PTW and similar, please go to the OOC Thread.

Rules:
1. Post formatting is mandatory:
"Coloured text for PC speech lines!"
Normal text for descriptions, etc.
Bolded text denotes action!

2. Order of posts:
In battle:
Player(s) -> GM -> Player(s) -> GM ... (until end of Player Phase) -> GM posts for Enemies -> GM posts for Allies ->GM posts for Others -> End of Turn.
Outside battle:
Players -> GM, when needed

3. Unless GM explicitly mentions you/your character, you can't post in this thread.

Spoiler: Story Recap (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 10:20:51 am by Khaiel »

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Empire (FEF IC) Prologue: Baptism
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 11:32:43 am »

Prologue: Baptism

The Empire has been fractured. Empress Elisabetta Barbados, The Child Empress, as she is called by some, is trying to stop a war between his people and the newly created Azur Alliance. However the ambition of the Supreme Archon of Togarini, former Lord of War Matthew Gaul, added to the resentment of the people of the Alliance after the attack of Emperor Elias Barbados against Remo may make her task an impossible one. Having sent her Praetorians to different missions within the Empire, only Praetorian Lilith is with her in her chambers as she makes one of her most difficults decisions.

: "Lilith... I need you to send a message to Lord Tadeus."
: "What is it that worries you, Elisabetta?"
: "I need this letter to be sent to him. I... well, talked with him about something. It might help stop the Supreme Archon's ambitions."
: "Then I'll make sure it is given to him right away, milady."
: "You don't understand... I need you to give it to him personally. Without Kisidan and the others here, you are the only one I can fully trust."
: "Understood. Just don't make anything crazy while I'm away."

With those words, the Praetorian leaves the room, leaving the most powerful woman on Gaia alone.

: "I am afraid I can't promise you that Lilith... I am sorry."

Meanwhile, in Fort Balthus, a small fortress on a valley next to the Balthus Mountains, two hundred kilometers to the west but still within the Principalty of Abel, six new recruits of the Order arrive. All of you have passed the initial tests to enter the Order, and this feat alone is quite impressive, but now, as Knights of the First Heaven, you have to show you are able and trustworthy enough to be promoted to the Second Heaven or even maybe one day get to the higher Heavens.

As you get to the doors of the fortress, a man in armor orders you to stop. The armor seems to be some kind of inheritance, as it bears not only the symbols of the Order of the Third Heaven, but also the symbols of a different noble family, and its colours are differents from those of the Order.

: "Hear me boys. I am Captain Prascus, of the Order of the Third Heaven. I will be your commanding officer until I deem you worthy for the Second Heaven or unworthy of being a Knight of the Order. You've been brought here because of recent reports of bandits attacking the nearby villages. Usually I would stay with you until this problem was solved, but I have been called to Arkangel. Until I come back, your mission is to stay in the fortress and defend the villagers from any possible bandit attack."

"Seeing as at least you have passed the trials in Arkangel, I trust you will do well against the bandits, but don't take unnecessary risks. Any questions, boys?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 04:29:19 pm by Khaiel »

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 11:51:06 am »

Evenly paced, light taps punctuated a young man in heavy robes' steps into the foyer. The young man's hood obscured most of his face, but his eye was still visible, slowly scanning the room around.
: "..."

The young man continued to scan slowly, listening to the Captain as he explained their intentions here. As he finished, the robed youth tilted his head down, obscuring his eyes. Moments later, a dissonant voice could be heard from him, despite his mouth remaining perfectly still.
: "This one is not a worldly soul, Prascus. Might we know how many villages we are to oversee, and their distance from this... humble abode?"

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 12:10:59 pm »

The way Prascus looked at Hix showed it was not the first time (and unfortunately for him, not the last one either) that he had to deal with a weird mage. If only, he was a little surprised that a man like him had managed to enter the Order.

: "For now you should just be concerned with the village of Ostrer. It is at the eastern side of this valley, you shouldn't have trouble, boys. There's a river between the fortress and the village, but there's bridge that crosses it. You should be able to see the village from the walls."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 12:19:51 pm »

"In case of trouble, how fast a ride is it from here to the village? Will it be necessary to patrol in your absence, sir?" Personally, Saresh would prefer to be out on his horse than sitting inside the castle, waiting for trouble to rear its ugly head.

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 12:29:08 pm »

: "Well, even on foot it should be no more than 10 or 15 minutes. And that is if you are not in a hurry. The valley is quite small, boys, that's why the fortress is here, it is a chokepoint."

: "And if you feel like stretching a bit and patrolling, then do it, but it is not necessary. As I said, it is a small valley, you should be able to see the bandits coming, boys."

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 02:29:14 pm »

The young priest in-training replied.
"Bandits shouldn't pose too much of a problem, as long as we're not too reckless."

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 06:56:02 pm »

: "Probably not. But don't be overconfident, boys. The bandits here have been evading imperial patrols for almost a month."

: "In any case, if one of you is heavily wounded, there are medical supplies in the fortress. Just in case."

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 12:54:39 am »

"Well let head out and protect thoses hard-working villagers from those dishonest scums"

Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 02:49:38 pm »

The robed youth merely lifted his hand in a yawn.
: "Well, after you." With a moment, he pulled out a tome from underneath his cloak and began to skim. Realizing something, he briefly looked up again, "And I don't suppose we'll be expecting any extra help here?"

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 03:16:00 pm »

"Well, I suppose it's a better idea than what anyone else presented."

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 07:35:44 pm »

: "I am afraid you will be on your own, boys. With the tension between the Empire and the Alliance most of our troops are in the southern border. Anyway, if you don't have any more questions about your mission, then I must leave. I don't want to be late."

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2014, 02:44:40 am »

Varion start walking toward the village while trying to talk to the guy riding horse.
"So what your name young man? And why did you join the order? Am Varion from Manterra"

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2014, 06:48:29 am »

"Oh is that so. Well we are in this toget there now so I hope i can depend on you. Those two kinda strike me weird. Magics and sorceries"

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37