Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Imperfect Glosstrot, Our Glosstrot (My Little Pony Fortress) *Restarted*  (Read 10899 times)

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile

THIS HAS BEEN RESTARTED! Posts start page 3 and up!

First things first, Rules. First of all, this isn't a Succession fort. For this you will/can claim a character and choose their name, profession, and whatever else you think they need. Feel free to ask for info on any candidate/pony and i will provide it! (for example their full on description and other such things.) I strongly urge those of you (if you wish to, don't want to force you^^) who claim a character to post on this thread about the things that happen around the fort in your point of view! Also you can make your characters as crazy/weird/unique as you want, but no things like Daemon possessing's or earthponies being able to use magic! (If you can tell, this is inspired and created thanks to me reading through the posts of My Little Fortress. Glittlerglen. I found it very interesting and wanted to see what would happen with all the new things that have been added and with different ponies and personalities!)

The My Little Fortress Mod is not of my creation, here's the link to it: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=80240.0

Onto the world!

World: The Planet of Wind
Civilization: The Brave Sugar
Princess: Atrid Thebigest
General: Ushdish Babigest
Fort/City Name: Glosstrot
Starting Year 5

Official History(Created by the ever awesome Splint):

On the 23rd of Rain's End, Year 1021 of the Celestial Era, many nations that had known only perhaps the most minor of armed conflicts at best, found their seemingly unending peace shattered into a thousand pieces. Changeling hordes, lead by many new queens having deposed Queen Chrysalis as a weakling in a bloody coup, descended upon Equestria and it's northern neighbor the Crystal Empire. The attack was sudden, unexpected, and deadly. In a matter of days the changelings had laid siege to the Crystal Empire's capital city, and they were sweeping through northern Equestria frightfully quickly, driving hordes of refugees before them.

In a desperate move, the Royal Guard met three hives worth of the fell invaders at Chandler's Hill, hoping to knock the wind out of the attackers long enough to build a proper army. When the two sides clashed, thousands died. The details are largely unknown now, but the Royal Guard had bought much needed time for the rest of the country, and by the end of Flower's Bloom, a hastily raised army marched out of their muster point of the Condor's Peak lowlands to face the enemy. By this time, communications with Princess Cadence in the north had started to become increasingly sporadic and desperate in tone.

One the 2nd of Solarflare, the newly minted "Equestrian Guard" saw it's first test at Heartland Forest, and after a three day long fight, to the surprise of even the officers and guardsponies they claimed a stunning victory and inflicted absolutely horrendous casualties on the changeling horde under Queen Nightshade (who was found to be among the changeling dead.) Some estimates of Post-Canterlot historians place the changeling casualties to be almost triple the Equestrian Guard's. However, this spot of hope was not to last as a subsequent attack by two more hives, ones of then unprecedented size, lead by Queens Amantia and Cordys smashed the guard one month later at Dawnbreak Crossing, killing the Equestrian Army almost to the last. Among the dead was, to the detriment of Equestria, none other than Princess Luna herself. Reports from the few survivors all say the same, that she'd been struck down by Queen Cordys just before Luna could deliver a death blow to Queen Amantia.

The hordes then continued southward.

However by now, Equestria was well aware and adventurers, mercenaries (primarily from the Griffion Clanholds,) and local militias began to harass and stall them out, settlements bunkering down and forcing Amantia and Cordys to fight lengthy sieges and hunt down war camps to remove threats of attack from behind. However this did little to deter the forces under Queens Pax, Entoloma, and Russul, who massed their forces and pushed into the lowlands just north of Canterlot and began assembling other hives. The Equestria Guard mustered a second army to face this force, but like the one lead by Princess Luna, was completely demolished, drowned by the changelings' sheer numbers, and taking with it the whole of the famed Wonderbolts.

On the 25th of Dawn's Wake, the Siege of Canterlot had begun.

Unwilling to see their capital fall without making the invaders pay a hefty toll in blood, the city locked itself down and prepared for a long battle. Only two more changeling hordes, under Queens Inocybe and Boletus, but with them the hordes had encircled the city. However, throughout what would turn into a two year long slog for both sides, multiple smaller armies of Equestrian Militia periodically tore into the changelings, and while always repulsed with terrible casualties, they would come again. However at the two year mark, Cordys and Amantia arrived and with them came the hordes from the Crystal Empire, helmed by the Queens Agari, Leptoia, and Sarcos, confirming fears that Celestia had had for over a year.

With their sheer weight of numbers, the changelings engaged in one final massive assault and hurled themselves against the ponies' defenses on 3rd Frost's End. A week long bloodbath ensued as the ponies fought, as the griffons say, tooth and claw for every inch of ground. However even in the face of terrible casualties which were quickly soaring into the tens of thousands, and with wavering morale among the defenders, both sides fought on. On 11th Frost's End the Changlings were upon the castle gates.

And by sunset on the 12th, Princess Celestia, as well as all of her honor guard and according to some even the so-called element bearers, were dead. Canterlot was lost, in spite of the efforts of the greatest heroes of the country and even one of the most magically powerful entities in the world. But their loss was not in vain. Queens Agari, Amantia, Pax, and Russul were dead, and it was later learned that Queens Entoloma and Leptoia had died of injuries sustained in the final assault on the castle after all was said and done, and the combined might of the remaining queens' hordes was severely depleted, made worse when they decided to split to crush the much smaller and less well defended bastions of resistance left in the country.

While they succeeded in smashing what little was left of Equestria as a country in the next two years, it was clear even to them they they could not achieve a "Total Victory," as attempts to invade the Griffon Kingdoms, the zebra homeland of Punda Milla and Germaney had ended in disaster and sapped the horde's strength (though not without crippling all three of these other groups and they had still destroyed the Crystal ponies outright which made their vengeance at least partially complete.) They needed to consolidate what they had, and began to raise their dark fortresses over the ruins of Equestria's towns and cities. The ponies who'd survived began to rebuild on the fringes of their homeland, making due with what they could salvage from unoccupied ruins, abandoned settlements, and old battle sites.

It was decided by these survivors that the Celestial era of peace had ended, and so on the 1st of New Star following Canterlot's fall, The Virtus Era had begun, named for an entity found in the very oldest texts: The Era of Bravery. They would survive, and they would rebuild, but they knew that to do so they would have to be brave in the face of the inevitable conflicts to come.

(The date's and such are based off of this calendar http://superfortress78.deviantart.com/art/Equestrian-Calendar-Reference-Sheet-279314656 )

Plumcabbages Record, 1st Record

It had been 5 long years since the fall of Equestria. Luna and Celestia had died in battle against a major enemy of Changelings and other types of abomination pony. After they had lost, all other Civilizations fell, though not all of the ponies, pegasi, alicorns, and unicorns had fallen. After towns and cities were wiped out, the changeling army with its horrid pony creatures had begun searching the land, trying to find every last pony of every type. Fortunately they had spent so much time searching that they had begun to die off due to hunger, their obsession blinding them. After 2 years of searching they had given up because they had lost too many forces.

After their apparent failure the last of every type of pony had started groups and eventually created new towns and cities, although not as populated as we wished, it was a start. Everypony had restarted the year calendar over, so by the time new cities had started popping up it was year 3. The old gods and deities had died off, trying to hold back the changeling army and buy us time. Eventually all of them except 1 had died. That single god was Armok, the Blood God. When year 4 came around new gods and deities had appeared supporting everypony in our efforts to rebuild and bring everything back to how it once was. Though that process will take a while.

We are from a civilization called The Brave Sugar, our group is called The Sparkle of Teaching. We have come in order to colonize a new land, though it is farther away from our original home then we would like, we have brought as many seeds as we could carry, 2 cats, 2 dogs, and the weapons and tools necessary for our ponies to begin. I am the overseer Plumcabbage, and i want to lead the other 6 who have joined me and any others who join later on into an age where everything was back to the way it was, before the Changlings had attacked. The area they have sent us is relatively safe, the only immediate dangers being the wilderness itself and the warm heat.   It is the 15th of Granite, year 5, and we're going to make the best possible of what we have. We might even become one of the large cities if we're lucky, and gain independence! But for now that is just a dream.

World map (Warning, Big)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Embark Info

Sorry guy's seems there is always only 1 male among embark groups apparently!

Also to the owners of Triage Stitches and Salir, if you wish to give up your ponies the feel free ^^, i know their not there original genders i'm sorry :/.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 11:53:20 pm by Unknown72 »
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
Re: Imperfect Glosstrot, Our Glosstrot (My Little Pony Fortress)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 10:15:18 am »

ptw. I will join when you have a non-military male pony.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 11:25:56 am »

Here to claim Salir, will post more later.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 03:37:57 am by Unknown72 »
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 12:23:27 pm »

PTW for now, will query ponies later.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 04:20:43 pm »

PTW
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 11:53:09 pm »

☆Community Contributions☆

Official History Provided by Splint
Maple's First Entry
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 02:58:21 am by Unknown72 »

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 09:31:06 am »

I want to know how they are using tools efficiently without any hands.

Especially a sword and shield.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 01:27:30 pm »

I'll claim the next single male pony that rocks up.

Name of Senshuken.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 05:16:48 pm »

I want to know how they are using tools efficiently without any hands.

Especially a sword and shield.

Well Unicorns and Alicorns use their horns magic to levitate and use things. Earthponies and Pegasi use either their hooves (both of their front hooves) to hold something, or their mouth. If it's long (like a spear) they strap it to their side. For shields they would just strap it to one of their front hooves.

Seems i'll have to keep posting until we get some male Migrants, so that others can get into it.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 11:17:36 pm by Unknown72 »

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2014, 09:44:51 am »

I hope this doesn't somehow become an all-female world to be repopulated by a singular male.
Meow.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2014, 11:36:14 am »

.:Ponies:.

X/X denotes which survived and which died during that wave.
Foundation 7/7 Ponies
Shosel Anursalir - Female Unicorn Minerpony
Ertal Sparklegaze - Female Earthpony Farmpony
Esrel Mauvedreams - Female Pegasus Bowpony
Plumcabbage Ubatrid - Female Earthpony Overseer [Claimed by: Unknown72]
Salir Emenrithul - Female Unicorn Guard Captain [Claimed by: Tonnot98]
TriageStitches Arenmebnith - Male Earthpony Sawbones-pony [Claimed by: DVNO]
Maple Mebnithothil - Female Unicorn Woodpony [Claimed by: Drilltooth]

Migrant Wave 1 2/2
GlimmerBeer Katdirucat - Male Earthpony Fisherpony [Clamed by: TALLPANZER]
Phalanx Kurollek - Male Unicorn Bowyer (training to be Spearpony) [Claimed by: jaxler]

Reserved/Waiting list
Male/Female Earthpony Swordspony [Reserved by: Splint]
Male Military Pony [Reserved by: Jaxler]
Noble Pony/Noble Ponies Foal [Reserved by: cyberTripping]
Male Mason/Miner/Architect Earth Pony Named Whitewash [Reserved by: Paaaad]
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 12:38:06 pm by Unknown72 »

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2014, 04:54:52 pm »

1) Wow that map is huge, what size is that?

2) Glad you liked Glitterglen, we hope to make another one in the series of these days after the DF releases calm down. :)

3) I'll take the doctor. I like the name "Triage Stitches", Custom profession? "Sawbones"
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2014, 05:34:38 pm »

1) Wow that map is huge, what size is that?

2) Glad you liked Glitterglen, we hope to make another one in the series of these days after the DF releases calm down. :)

3) I'll take the doctor. I like the name "Triage Stitches", Custom profession? "Sawbones"

It's a large map, and that pic is only half of it, idk why the site didn't load the rest, i'm just glad one of my computers processors is strong enough to create large maps with 100+ history in less than 20 minutes.

Cool, i will definitely read through and PTW it, don't think i'll join it immediately, because i still have this one to do.

Got it, Doctorpony is your's, i can change the profession and first name, but i don't think i can change the last name, so it'd be TriageStitches PuceLilac. I'll post her info in a little bit, along with the next Diary entry! ^^
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 11:54:30 pm by Unknown72 »

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2014, 08:00:45 pm »

You might be able to hit space in the nickname entry field. I know you can with custom professions.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8