Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Imperfect Glosstrot, Our Glosstrot (My Little Pony Fortress) *Restarted*  (Read 10890 times)

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
Re: Imperfect Glosstrot, Our Glosstrot (My Little Pony Fortress)
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2014, 08:12:50 pm »

You might be able to hit space in the nickname entry field. I know you can with custom professions.

Yea makes that Triage Stitches Pucelilac, making the logs now!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 10:50:47 pm by Unknown72 »
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2014, 11:28:03 pm »

can I get description on Shasad?
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2014, 12:26:17 am »

Deleted
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 09:57:18 pm by Unknown72 »
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2014, 05:22:08 pm »

So i found out the problem's with the Item Inaccessible problem, it was because ponies and resources kept getting stuck in the trees and even when i cut them down the materials and ponies would just float in that Z-Level, the Ponies would eventually fall down but the resources wouldn't, and if i forbid them the ponies would still try to get them for some reason.

So we can do 3 things, We can restart with the same types of ponies (Though the genders might be different), we can continue playing but can't haul anything because the ponies would just want to keep trying to get the Floating Resources first, or we can restart on a different version of DF without the huge trees.

You guy's decide, if you choose to restart then i'll probably make a *Reloaded* thread in the DFCG&S section of the forums.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2014, 06:51:56 pm »

dat bug seems like a game killer. I vote restart.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2014, 06:57:02 pm »

Would you like for me to restart with an older version of DF with the current version of MLF or just abandon the fortress and start somewhere else?

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2014, 07:23:25 pm »

Might want to report that to Toady... Sounds like a big one...
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2014, 07:24:54 pm »

...She has a grating raspy voice...

grating raspy voice

((All diary entries should be heard like Dr. Girlfriend's voice from Venture Brothers from now on.)) [x]

13th Slate

So's I met my new Boss today, goes by the name PlumCabbage. Funny, since I know he isn't mucking around in the dirt with hooves those clean. We had a nice chat, it was Cordial. He kept gettin' hung up on my 'ol Nickname for some reason though. I just wanted to tell that kid it meant I was old as dirt, been a medic for the Majesty's army for more years than he's been alive.  I didn't want insinuate nothin' about his intelligence in our first talk though. So I'll let him go and talk to some soldiers and let him make his own conclusions.

Heh, am I really forty seven already? All those years fending off the Changeling attacks ... Can't believe after all of the struggle, they just up and left. This bastion of a fort will be a retirement well deserved, hopefully. Not that I hate the front line, I woulden't still be in this profession if I didn't. Plenty of farm'in an Earthpony can do. But ... Nothin gets the heart beating more than when the casualties come flooding in, and it all comes down to saving the most lives you can per minute, the pure trace you adapt when you work is somethin' special. It's just, I think the younger me enjoyed it more.

Maybe I should open it? The bottle of Brandy I've been keeping since it all started. I always said I'd uncork it when the fight'in's done.     

- No, I got a feeling it ain't over yet, not just yet.

There is a way to remove last names entirely so it's just the nick name, It's in the Init options I think. And I might be able to solve your problem with a more stable mod ... I'll see what I can do.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 07:37:25 pm by DVNO »
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2014, 07:37:26 pm »

I'm an idiot >_<, i've just realized the main problem was BECAUSE i was messing around with the files >_<, i'm sorry guys,:/, i guess i will have to restart anyway >_<. I tend to over think things so i thought this was because of something in the game but never mind. I'm EXTREMELY sorry guys! I probably should've checked the folder name before i started messing around :/

I really hope this doesn't make you guy's mad >_<
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 07:57:42 pm by Unknown72 »

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2014, 08:21:42 pm »

I will post the restarted thread later today, EXTREMELY sorry for all this trouble guys, the Ponies (Their Professions i mean) and such will be the same but the maps and embark will be different. I should really learn to look at where i'm messing around in before doing so >_<
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 08:28:53 pm by Unknown72 »

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2014, 08:28:37 pm »

Eh, I'd just re-edit the first post to not spam the board.

Also, are you sure you completely borked the save? You can play around with the raws of a DF folder and the saves will be unaffected, since they only use the raws present at the time of creation.

You can open up the save and see a folder of pristine raws. That's what this game is using. You can even copy them back into your main DF folder to get back to fresh if you wish.

If you're saying you edited the save's raws, though, then yeah. there might be unforeseen game implosions.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 08:31:37 pm by DVNO »
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2014, 08:36:01 pm »

Eh, I'd just re-edit the first post to not spam the board.

Also, are you sure you completely borked the save? You can play around with the raws of a DF folder and the saves will be unaffected, since they only use the raws present at the time of creation.

You can open up the save and see a folder of pristine raws. That's what this game is using. You can even copy them back into your main DF folder to get back to fresh if you wish.

If you're saying you edited the save's raws, though, then yeah. there might be unforeseen game implosions.

Yea i was messing with the save's raws too, and i'll do what you said and edit the original post, should i edit the other 2 journal posts too? Just so that it doesn't get too confusing ^^

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2014, 09:17:35 pm »

Sounds good to me. I might even claim a pony this time.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2014, 09:22:10 pm »

Making sure everything's nice and coherent wouldn't hurt. Also you may want to proofread a little (not really a big thing, just the odd typo or uncapped I, but it was a little.... Grating, to put it politely to see them randomly.)

I'll also take a militapony. Splint for male, Brace for female, whatever happens to be available in that regard. Earth pony preferred, but any caste works so long as he/she gets to use a sharp thing on changelings and other horrible things.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2014, 09:29:20 pm »

Alright i gotcha ^^, also i'm wondering if i should just delete the 2 journal posts and just re-start posting them, also i almost have everything re-set-up so expect the OP to change soon ^^

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8