Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Imperfect Glosstrot, Our Glosstrot (My Little Pony Fortress) *Restarted*  (Read 10901 times)

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
Re: Imperfect Glosstrot, Our Glosstrot (My Little Pony Fortress)
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2014, 09:54:47 pm »

Just to quickly tell you guy's before i change the OP, there won't be a fisherpony this time, but 2 Military ponies, since that Fisherpony was causing a few problems, might gain/make one later on with Migrant waves.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Imperfect Glosstrot, Our Glosstrot (My Little Pony Fortress) *Restarted*
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2014, 11:04:12 pm »

Alright guys I edited the OP, some things have changed but it seems that only starting with 1 male pony on embark is a thing among pony embarks so sorry about that :/, please read it to catch up. though only the last paragraph has been changed, so has the claimed ponies, free ponies, and the embark/world maps!

Just tell me if you want me to post their new info/descriptions if you want me to!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 11:08:15 pm by Unknown72 »
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2014, 11:09:54 pm »

There's just a larger number of female ponies to males, with the popratio dictating as such (a reflection of the show's considerably larger number of females to males even in crowd scenes if I'm not mistaken.) Usually. Maybe in this case it's just a really odd roll on starters. On the upside, this kinda turns that whole men are the expendable gender thing on its head and if there was a war that ended with Equestria's destruction in this particular story, somewhat justified.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2014, 11:19:42 pm »

There's just a larger number of female ponies to males, with the popratio dictating as such (a reflection of the show's considerably larger number of females to males even in crowd scenes if I'm not mistaken.) Usually. Maybe in this case it's just a really odd roll on starters. On the upside, this kinda turns that whole men are the expendable gender thing on its head and if there was a war that ended with Equestria's destruction in this particular story, somewhat justified.

Okay, that's canon for this story, no if's and's or but's about it... You just improved the story and have justified the reason why there aren't a lot of males for this story so I thank you.

Also Quick Question, do you guys want me to also upload pictures of the progress and such during Plumcabbage's Records or no?

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2014, 11:28:31 pm »

Whatever you feel most comfortable with doing. If you're good at taking action shots and have an account with a good hosting site then do it, if you find it a hassle and it slows down with making posts then just focus on a solid written story.   
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2014, 11:30:31 pm »

Well I find myself often thinking about a military conflict involving Equestria (highjacking and modifying the Diomedians of another mode for the case,) so in this area I already have some thought in it. After all, you're going to conscript the more physically imposing members of society on the grounds that in pre-firearm societies, they'll make for much better soldiers. I actually have something going in my head already regarding this story's particular war, which i can elaborate on in a PM if you'd like.

Whatever you feel most comfortable with doing. If you're good at taking action shots and have an account with a good hosting site then do it, if you find it a hassle and it slows down with making posts then just focus on a solid written story.   

As to images, what this guys said. They aren't strictly required but help immensely in regards to player-input journals/roleplay to establish where everything is and show progress happening. They can be included with notes or whatever after the actual update usually anyway or on request/as you feel is needed.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2014, 11:33:58 pm »

Well I find myself often thinking about a military conflict involving Equestria (highjacking and modifying the Diomedians of another mode for the case,) so in this area I already have some thought in it. After all, you're going to conscript the more physically imposing members of society on the grounds that in pre-firearm societies, they'll make for much better soldiers. I actually have something going in my head already regarding this story's particular war, which i can elaborate on in a PM if you'd like.

As to images, what this guys said. They aren't strictly required but help immensely in regards to player-input journals/roleplay to establish where everything is and show progress happening. They can be included with notes or whatever after the actual update usually anyway or on request/as you feel is needed.

Please do send me that PM would love to hear it! Also, it's not particularly bothersome for me to upload pictures of the events and other things, it's really easy, just screenshot, go to paint for 2 second edit, save as jpeg, upload to imgur in like 2 more seconds, copy img forum embed code, and paste it, really simple ^^. So I will upload pictures then ^^.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2014, 01:20:14 am »

Hey guys added the Official History that was created by Splint to the Original Post, go check it out, it's epic and helps build up the world more!

Will start working on the first log soon, should be up shortly!

Also Splint, did you want to take that Bowpony?

Also, turns out Salir the Captain of the Guard and the Bowpony are friends.

Splint if you do want to take that Bowpony i will be making her the Militia Commander and Salir the Militia Captain/Sheriff.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 01:24:34 am by Unknown72 »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2014, 01:24:15 am »

Nah, I want an actual sword.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2014, 01:25:28 am »

Gotcha, i'll be sure to make the next swordspony yours ^^, did you still want that pony to be the Militia Commander when he/she does arrive?

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2014, 01:26:28 am »

could I get profile on Dizesh?
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2014, 01:39:01 am »

could I get profile on Dizesh?

Here's Dizesh's Profile!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2014, 01:55:29 am »

Gotcha, i'll be sure to make the next swordspony yours ^^, did you still want that pony to be the Militia Commander when he/she does arrive?

Doesn't matter to me if they are or not.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2014, 02:01:37 am »

Alright, if their skills are good enough they will be, if not then they won't be ^^, working on the first log now ^^

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2014, 02:20:42 am »

Depending on the version any pony can (as of the new version of the game) be more or less easily retrained to use a different weapon, and in the case of the bowmare it would work regardless since bows are counted as swords in melee combat.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8