Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So what's changed?  (Read 761 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
So what's changed?
« on: August 27, 2014, 12:52:30 am »

Modding-wise, that is, for 40.X. I know there are new things like gaits and tree forms but is there some sort of compiled resource on what has changed token-wise? Comparing wiki pages isn't always the best method because some haven't been updated and they don't point out the changes.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: So what's changed?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 02:02:43 am »

Well you can now make multi-armed or headed or legged creatures have effective multi-attacks.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 11:43:33 am »

The "to-do" list I drafted:
  • Update plants to their new format. This is the biggest one in the list due to how radical changes have been.
  • Add the new personality tokens (old ones no longer valid) based on the old ones present.
  • Add appropriate gaits to all creatures.
  • Add SMELL_TRIGGER (determines how good a creature can smell, lower is better, 10000 means no smelling) to creatures as needed.
  • Add ODOR_LEVEL (Higher = Smellier) and ODOR_STRING (optional) to creatures as needed.
  • Remove SPEED and SWIM_SPEED from creatures.
  • Change HUMANOID to HUMANOID_NECK, QUADRUPED to QUADRUPED_NECK and so on, as well as add necks to modded-in bodies that should have it, then remove NECK and THROAT from all creatures that have them.
  • Add attack speeds and multiattack flags to all creatures and weapons.
  • Add values to entities.
  • Check for CHAT_WORTHY on positions aside from the law-maker equivalent on Dark Fortress entities.
  • Update the tileset for new animals and the tree tiles.
  • Swapping the old starting biomes for the new biome support system.

EDIT: There's also the new HFS (detailed in spoiler) but I don't think that will affect anything in the mod.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quoting myself from another thread. Some people reported that playable civs that use dark fortress sites cause crashes, but I've yet to test that.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 07:59:56 pm »

I think the crash happens if the civ is set to dwell in dark fortresses AND it has a position with a specific token (it's either [CHAT_WORTHY], or [RESPONSIBILITY:LAW_MAKING], or [RESPONSIBILITY:LAW_MAKING] on multiple different positions at the same time).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 10:32:56 pm »

How about reactions? They're crucial to my current project.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 10:43:44 pm »

The farmer's workshop can now be given custom reactions. The building token is FARMER

Globs have a size of 150 now, like bars or powders, so reactions using/producing glob items must be changed to acknowledge this.

There's also new item reaction products. Like material reactions, but they define both the item and the material that the product will be made of. Reagents can now be given the tag [HAS_ITEM_REACTION_PRODUCT:X], which is a counterpart to the pre-existing [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:X]

Products can be given GET_ITEM_DATA_FROM_REAGENT, which again, functions similarly to its pre-existing GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT counterpart. This can be used to get the item reaction product mentioned above, or to duplicate a reagent if the argument is set to NONE.

Also, reactions that use stacks of things such as bones no longer use up the entire stack. It will properly reduce the stack now.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 11:51:25 pm »

One last question, is there a way to produce left/right gauntlets through a reaction now?
GM of Trespassers V2.