Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Caravans from the glowing pit  (Read 754 times)

Dorf and Dumb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Caravans from the glowing pit
« on: August 27, 2014, 04:22:30 am »

First, I want a tweak with the screen of dead creatures.  In addition to Deceased and Missing, there should be a third category that applies to any creature that has disappeared into the glowing pit:  Sacrificed!

In proportion to the number of Sacrificed creatures, you should then have a chance that, if you have a Depot accessible to it, a caravan rises up out of the glowing pit, loaded up with the weird metals you can't make, in ingots and weapons and armor.

MightyEvilPunk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caravans from the glowing pit
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 03:15:19 pm »

I do not really think, that glowing pit creatures should be considered as rational and wanting to behave logically. I more think about them as pure chaos - destructive, twisted and irrational. If such creatures will decide to send a caravan someday, it should not be filled with valuable metals. Human bone flutes, maddening pictures and preserved suffering would be more suitable for this caravan. And as payment they should accept elven blood and stupid verses. And daisies :)

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 04:40:12 pm »

I do not really think, that glowing pit creatures should be considered as rational and wanting to behave logically. I more think about them as pure chaos - destructive, twisted and irrational. If such creatures will decide to send a caravan someday, it should not be filled with valuable metals. Human bone flutes, maddening pictures and preserved suffering would be more suitable for this caravan. And as payment they should accept elven blood and stupid verses. And daisies :)

All my yes.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 07:42:53 pm »

If the caravan is inevitably full of poisonous clowns that burst out and rip apart the entire fortress of anybody foolish to trust a caravan from the glowing pits? Then sure.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Dorf and Dumb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 11:44:21 am »

Well, you do have to be careful doing business.  "Hmmm, what did we get?  Underworld rum, underworld ale, underwood beer, underworld spirits..."