Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31

Author Topic: Galaxia: Remember Tomorrow - 4x space strategy game (Alpha15D)  (Read 80263 times)

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Remember Tomorrow - an indie 4x space strategy game
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2014, 01:01:01 pm »

Downloaded twice, and installed twice to make sure.

I tend to crash frequently on any number of actions taken with the console spitting out "Known incorrect sRGB profile."
I did not receive any crash report. Does crash reporting window ever appear?

What do you do for it to crash? Does simple "New Game" -> "Spiral Sa" -> Start leads to crash? Have you tried running it as administrator?
Does file called "Fatal." apper in the game directory?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but any stability issue is really important for me and must be spotted. Thanks for helping!

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2014, 01:04:38 pm »

3.  Already the amount you can customize the display is impressive.  It would be nice, though, if there was a way to tell at a glance which stars have been scouted and which are still unknown.  (Unless there's already a way to do that and I just couldn't tell.)
Interesting option, never thought of it to be honest. Will do in a few minutes :)

pinback

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2014, 01:05:16 pm »

3.  Already the amount you can customize the display is impressive.  It would be nice, though, if there was a way to tell at a glance which stars have been scouted and which are still unknown.  (Unless there's already a way to do that and I just couldn't tell.)
Interesting option, never thought of it to be honest. Will do in a few minutes :)

Now THAT's customer service!  :D

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2014, 01:51:08 pm »

This sounds promising, here are some quick questions I have:

-What sort of Computer Requirements does it have?

-How long does a game last (on average) on Easy and Hard difficulties, respectively?

-What is the most hilarious and/or memorable event this game has thrown at you?

Ninja'd:

Now THAT's customer service!  :D

This suddenly looks even more promising... it's amazing what one person can do better then mighty conglomerates.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2014, 02:06:22 pm »

Quick question. I saw (or imagined that I saw) a "upgrade fleet in orbit" option somewhere. I can't find it now. Where is it? (Assuming I didn't imagine it) :P
()==[:::::::::::::>

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2014, 02:11:11 pm »

It seems to not start, I get "AL lib: <EE> MMDevApiOpenPlayback: Device init failed: 0x80070490"

I should note this is on a Public CPU, and that it's not on ADMIN, which you've said causes issues. But just in case this isn't related, here you go. Good Luck!
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2014, 02:18:53 pm »

It seems to not start, I get "AL lib: <EE> MMDevApiOpenPlayback: Device init failed: 0x80070490"

I should note this is on a Public CPU, and that it's not on ADMIN, which you've said causes issues. But just in case this isn't related, here you go. Good Luck!
This usually means some problems with audio drivers on the computer and means audio device is not found. Try connecting headphones to the computer, this may help. Also check audio settings.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 02:32:51 pm by Ufnv »

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2014, 02:22:55 pm »

Quick question. I saw (or imagined that I saw) a "upgrade fleet in orbit" option somewhere. I can't find it now. Where is it? (Assuming I didn't imagine it) :P
To upgrade a ship you should have it orbiting your planet that can build such ships. Then you need to have a newer ship design based on the same hull.
If both true, you'll get an "upgrade ship" button on top of a "build ship" button in a planet view.

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2014, 02:29:55 pm »

-What sort of Computer Requirements does it have?
Win or Mac with any 3D video (integrated is fine).
More than 256Mb of video memory is a plus.
More than 512Mb RAM is a plus.

I target it to run on iPad, so more or less any current PC should be able to run it.

For really low-end PCs there are some tweaks in cfg file that can make it run better.

-How long does a game last (on average) on Easy and Hard difficulties, respectively?
I'd say it more depends on galaxy size and win conditions. But it can be a long run.
Hard is really a way harder than Normal, not to mention Easy.

Easy means passive AI and resource bonuses for the player.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2014, 02:48:19 pm »

Thanks for answering my questions, I'm much obliged.

*Obligatory tipping of Wolf-Pelt Tophat*

[snip]

I target it to run on iPad, so more or less any current PC should be able to run it.

Good luck getting this on the App Store, I've heard it can be difficult.

[snip]

I'd say it more depends on galaxy size and win conditions. But it can be a long run.
Hard is really a way harder than Normal, not to mention Easy.

Easy means passive AI and resource bonuses for the player.

You can set different Win Conditions? Nice. Is it safe to say they are the traditional set of win conditions, E.G Science, Conquest, what I call 'Assimilation' and Culture?
GENERATION 32:

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2014, 03:19:16 pm »

You can set different Win Conditions? Nice. Is it safe to say they are the traditional set of win conditions, E.G Science, Conquest, what I call 'Assimilation' and Culture?
I am still working on it. Currently available are only Extermination and Domination. 'Assimilation' is a part of both - you can agree to merge with another race into one empire and this is an alternative to conquering this race.

I still did not find a good balance for Science win, so it is not yet allowed :(

BTW, I've just uploaded an Alpha15B patch, that should address problems found in this thread, plus it adds some feature.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2014, 03:56:24 pm »

To upgrade a ship you should have it orbiting your planet that can build such ships. Then you need to have a newer ship design based on the same hull.
If both true, you'll get an "upgrade ship" button on top of a "build ship" button in a planet view.

I just spent 20 mins or so looking for this option - thanks! It would be nice if there was some way of doing this from the galaxy map, rather than having to drop into each relevant system in turn.
This is a blank sig.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2014, 04:03:32 pm »

Aw, my game just crashed after I got about 25 systems colonized. :( Crash reporting module also crashed (as usual).

Ufnv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2014, 04:07:42 pm »

Aw, my game just crashed after I got about 25 systems colonized. :( Crash reporting module also crashed (as usual).
That's sad. Did you do anything specific or was it just random?
Hope autosave did his job and saved not too far away from your current point.
I think crash reporting is killed by a Windows Brandmauer... Need to add a way of storing reports locally...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 04:11:47 pm by Ufnv »

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2014, 04:30:39 pm »

I remembered to check autosave after I posted. Luckily I didn't lose much time. Also luckily the game did not crash again.

There didn't appear to be any 'trigger' for the crash. I did exactly the same thing the next time and it didn't crash. *shrug*
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31