Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Stal's Armoury Pack [43.05] [Armoury v1.9]  (Read 59592 times)

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
Re: Stal's Armoury Pack v1.5 [40.xx]
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2014, 08:15:35 am »

Can I include these weapons in my mod?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2014, 02:45:53 pm »

If Dwarves can use glaives I will be a happy person. I have no idea why but I have a demented fondness for the weapon. Regardless, the armor alone basically being in line with how I do uniforms makes this worth getting.
They can, technically. Glaives are just below the limit for an average-sized dwarf to wield them. They can only wield glaives multigrasp for this reason, and weaker, more sickly dwarf specimens may not be able to wield glaives at all. (You can of course change this yourself by editing MINIMUM_SIZE for the glaive appropriately.)

You will also need to add the glaive to the dwarf civilisation in entity_default yourself, as it is not there by default.
Two handed is fine by me, weapons like this I never give shields to the wielders of anyway.

Stalhansch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2014, 04:04:12 pm »

Can I include these weapons in my mod?
You may.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2014, 03:01:12 pm »

Very nice! I'll be sticking with luculle's weapons for now, but I like the concept.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

Ngosp Umbabok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2014, 01:32:37 pm »

One suggestion - I don't know if you changed the rate at which NPC's use armor in the mod but when I played with it the impression I got was that NPC's didn't use any more armor then they did in vanilla which is not very much at all.

the majority of goblins and bandits I have fought with this mod have had no armor at all and when a bandit chief or master did have any armor it was frequently just a helmet and breastplate.

Increasing the rate of armor usage of all NPC's or just important ones like bandit/goblin leaders would make the effects of the mod more noticeable because right now it just seems that the only effects of the mod in adv. mode are making the PC more invulerable when not fighting maces/hammers

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2014, 03:25:58 pm »

Well, they've never really worn much to start with, though leaders would sometimes come packing full suits of armor. Sometimes. That's not really something mods can control.

Stalhansch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2014, 05:57:10 pm »

I was going to ask if increasing armour presence was possible. I didn't think it was.

perkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2014, 01:09:09 pm »

what does Atlatl shoot ? Arrows ? bolts ? or threre is no ammo ?

Stalhansch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2014, 05:14:59 pm »

what does Atlatl shoot ? Arrows ? bolts ? or threre is no ammo ?
It launches Darts. Long Darts and normal Darts.

perkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2014, 07:38:44 am »

ok thanks for reply.

Also i am kind of new to DF modding. So i have a question. If i overwrite for example Obsidian tileset with you would it work ? I mean those tilesets have files the same as yours and overwriting them would probably cause some conflicts...

Stalhansch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2014, 05:33:50 pm »

Also i am kind of new to DF modding. So i have a question. If i overwrite for example Obsidian tileset with you would it work ? I mean those tilesets have files the same as yours and overwriting them would probably cause some conflicts...
If by that you mean overwriting Obsidian's tileset set with my own tileset, then my own tileset would show instead of Obsidian's. Graphic sets are a bit different, as graphic sets include text files and go in the graphics folder. You would need to remove any conflicting text files from the graphics folder, otherwise things may display weirdly.

By conflicting text files I am referring to text files that include the same entities. For example, I have a text file in my set that is for dwarves, you would need to locate and remove the Obsidian text file for dwarves for mine to display correctly. Keep in mind this has to be done inside save files too if you want them to work.

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2014, 05:06:53 pm »

Looks like this needs a tiny bit of tweaking with .14. entity and tools are the only offenders by the looks of it, so the end user can just tweak the current version

edit: actually, item_tool seems like a bit of a mess, difference wise. Maybe it's best to wait for someone who knows what they're doing to fix it.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 05:17:55 pm by cyberTripping »
Everything's in the news today

Stalhansch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2014, 03:32:35 am »

Looks like this needs a tiny bit of tweaking with .14. entity and tools are the only offenders by the looks of it, so the end user can just tweak the current version

edit: actually, item_tool seems like a bit of a mess, difference wise. Maybe it's best to wait for someone who knows what they're doing to fix it.
Thank you for telling me. I will look into it soon.

Edit: Should be sufficiently updated. Please let me know if there are any more complications.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 04:00:52 am by Stalhansch »

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile
Re: Stal's Armoury Pack v1.5a [40.14]
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2014, 03:45:51 pm »

Thank you. I consider this to be a staple mod, glad to see it working for .14.
Everything's in the news today

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
Re: Stal's Armoury Pack v1.5a [40.14]
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2014, 08:09:39 am »

.14 added the stepladder tool to the tools file and the entities. I don't think there's anything else.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10