Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Stal's Armoury Pack [43.05] [Armoury v1.9]  (Read 59679 times)

NoobKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stal's Armoury Pack v1.5a [40.14]
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2014, 08:54:19 am »

Awesome mod! Can anyone tell me how Stal changed the time it takes to fire a ranged weapon in this mod? Vanilla DF ranged weapons seemed to take a lot longer to fire.

Stalhansch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2014, 04:33:37 pm »

Awesome mod! Can anyone tell me how Stal changed the time it takes to fire a ranged weapon in this mod? Vanilla DF ranged weapons seemed to take a lot longer to fire.

It seemed like this to me when testing in the Arena, but I'm not sure to be honest. I couldn't find any values that seemed to affect reload speeds and the like for ranged weapons, but it could be that I don't understand something.

I never did test to see if my ranged weapons actually were faster than vanilla.

Code: (My crossbow) [Select]
[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_CROSSBOW]
[NAME:crossbow:crossbows]
[SIZE:3000]
[SKILL:HAMMER]
[RANGED:CROSSBOW:BOLT]
[SHOOT_FORCE:1300]
[SHOOT_MAXVEL:350]
[TWO_HANDED:125000]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:50000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:7]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:500:0:bash:bashes:stock:1250]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:4]

Code: (Vanilla crossbow) [Select]
[SIZE:400]
[SHOOT_FORCE:1000]
[SHOOT_MAXVEL:200]  This is just to make sure a near-weightless object doesn't go faster than the string could possibly go.
[TWO_HANDED:0]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:15000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:3]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:10000:4000:bash:bashes:NO_SUB:1250]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2014, 01:53:47 am »

I was wondering, what is the purpose of the tiles for most of the tools and such being changed?
Everything's in the news today

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2014, 05:01:00 pm »

It seemed like this to me when testing in the Arena, but I'm not sure to be honest. I couldn't find any values that seemed to affect reload speeds and the like for ranged weapons, but it could be that I don't understand something.

I never did test to see if my ranged weapons actually were faster than vanilla.

Code: (My crossbow) [Select]
[SIZE:3000]
[SHOOT_FORCE:1300]
[SHOOT_MAXVEL:350]
[TWO_HANDED:125000]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:50000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:7]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:500:0:bash:bashes:stock:1250]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:4]

Code: (Vanilla crossbow) [Select]
[SIZE:400]
[SHOOT_FORCE:1000]
[SHOOT_MAXVEL:200]  This is just to make sure a near-weightless object doesn't go faster than the string could possibly go.
[TWO_HANDED:0]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:15000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:3]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:10000:4000:bash:bashes:NO_SUB:1250]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]

I believe that ranged weapons are limited to one shot on the screen at a time, and having a faster velocity means faster firing, if I remember correct.

NoobKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2014, 10:40:12 pm »

Oh, thanks. Now I don't have to get brained by a sneaking corpse every time I want to Rick all the other Zs.

Stalhansch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2014, 12:31:45 pm »

I was wondering, what is the purpose of the tiles for most of the tools and such being changed?
I don't recall changing them. It might have been tied to my tileset where I might have changed them for preference and forgot about it. They can be easily changed again by editing the item_tool.txt.

I believe that ranged weapons are limited to one shot on the screen at a time, and having a faster velocity means faster firing, if I remember correct.
Interesting... I'll have to test that out.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2014, 06:38:16 am »

Seems there's one hiccup in the armor in this mod (which is stellar by the way,) and that's lack of protection for the upper arms. In some testing I've been doing I've had many people killed due to a distinct lack of upper arm protection against more-or-less blunt strikes. Don't suppose there's an idea on how I can fix this is there? Something smallish on the layering so it can be fitted with a breastplate and mail hauberk.

Stalhansch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2014, 11:43:53 am »

Seems there's one hiccup in the armor in this mod (which is stellar by the way,) and that's lack of protection for the upper arms. In some testing I've been doing I've had many people killed due to a distinct lack of upper arm protection against more-or-less blunt strikes. Don't suppose there's an idea on how I can fix this is there? Something smallish on the layering so it can be fitted with a breastplate and mail hauberk.
This is actually intentional.

Breastplates are nearly invulnerable to attacks, so they only cover vital organs in the torso. Slightly lesser armours that are not-so-invulnerable cover more body space, such as lamellar armour and brigandines. I thought it would be slightly ridiculous if one could be completely safe from normal attacks.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2014, 12:30:55 pm »

Unrelated question, what's the difference between the haubergeon and hauberk? Last time I tried to give soldiers with haubergeons breastplates they threw them on the floor, but I can give them to soldiers with hauberks just fine. I ask this because I just tested it and the habergeon-equipped unit ditched thier breastplate and at a glance I can't see any difference.

Stalhansch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2014, 12:46:22 pm »

Unrelated question, what's the difference between the haubergeon and hauberk? Last time I tried to give soldiers with haubergeons breastplates they threw them on the floor, but I can give them to soldiers with hauberks just fine. I ask this because I just tested it and the habergeon-equipped unit ditched thier breastplate and at a glance I can't see any difference.
I appreciate the feedback. It doesn't come off as ranty to me. Going along with the reason I gave breastplates an obvious weakpoint, most of the armours are made with a specific time frame in mind: that being the 900ad-1300ad period. A complete plate harness didn't exist during this period, save for the potential few prototype creations.

If you wish to solve the breastplate problem yourself its as simple as changing this:
Code: [Select]
[ITEM_ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_PLATE]
[NAME:breastplate:breastplates]
[ARMORLEVEL:3]
[UBSTEP:0]
[LBSTEP:0]
[SHAPED]
[LAYER:ARMOR]
[COVERAGE:300]
[LAYER_SIZE:20]
[LAYER_PERMIT:28]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:15]
[HARD]
[METAL]
into this:
Code: [Select]
[ITEM_ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_PLATE]
[NAME:breastplate:breastplates]
[ARMORLEVEL:3]
[UBSTEP:1] <--
[LBSTEP:0]
[SHAPED]
[LAYER:ARMOR]
[COVERAGE:300]
[LAYER_SIZE:20]
[LAYER_PERMIT:28]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:15]
[HARD]
[METAL]
This will make it cover the upper arms (ignoring the arrow for hilighting the changed bit).

Regarding the difference between the byrnie, haubergeon and hauberk: Historically the haubergeon and hauberk are two names for the same thing, but granted a few generations of development and you then have that typically hauberks are a bit longer than haubergeons, and the outlier byrnie being the shortest. Byrnies have a LB of 0, haubergeons 1, and hauberks 2. Otherwise essentially identical, thrown in for flavour.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2014, 12:58:13 pm »

Regarding the difference between the byrnie, haubergeon and hauberk: Historically the haubergeon and hauberk are two names for the same thing, but granted a few generations of development and you then have that typically hauberks are a bit longer than haubergeons, and the outlier byrnie being the shortest. Byrnies have a LB of 0, haubergeons 1, and hauberks 2. Otherwise essentially identical, thrown in for flavour.

That's strange. Then why aren't the habergeons useable with a breastplate then?

Stalhansch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2014, 01:09:59 pm »

I'm not encountering your problem. If you've made both hauberks and haubergeons, they can be worn overtop each other and will prevent the creature from wearing a breastplate; you may have manufactured some confusion if so. It could also be some other layers of clothing stacking similarly that overwhelms the layer permit of the breastplate. Those are the only conditions I can think of, as my character is currently wearing both a breastplate and a haubergeon perfectly fine.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2014, 01:19:18 pm »

I'm not encountering your problem. If you've made both hauberks and haubergeons, they can be worn overtop each other and will prevent the creature from wearing a breastplate; you may have manufactured some confusion if so. It could also be some other layers of clothing stacking similarly that overwhelms the layer permit of the breastplate. Those are the only conditions I can think of, as my character is currently wearing both a breastplate and a haubergeon perfectly fine.

The test uniforms consist of a cloth outfit (tunic or in this case a regular shirt, trousers, hood, cloak, and leg/hand wraps,) and an iron suit of armor, generally a barbute, chain coif, hauberk, breastplate, upper and lower greaves, and gauntlets. Even when I try the exact same set-up with a tunic or with the cloak and shirt removed the habergeon-equipped dwarves keep throwing thier breastplates on the floor.

Stalhansch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2014, 12:10:21 pm »

The test uniforms consist of a cloth outfit (tunic or in this case a regular shirt, trousers, hood, cloak, and leg/hand wraps,) and an iron suit of armor, generally a barbute, chain coif, hauberk, breastplate, upper and lower greaves, and gauntlets. Even when I try the exact same set-up with a tunic or with the cloak and shirt removed the habergeon-equipped dwarves keep throwing thier breastplates on the floor.
I did some testing throughout the day today and yesterday and I can't seem to figure out why you're having this problem. I've had dwarves toss breastplates as well, but most of them have not.

I want to say it's a DF logic problem, but I'm not 100% sure. Needs more testing.

Floppypig

• Bay Watcher
  • looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2014, 02:49:31 pm »

How compatible is it with 40.15
“All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10