Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Stal's Armoury Pack [43.05] [Armoury v1.9]  (Read 59582 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Stal's Armoury Pack v1.5a [40.14]
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2014, 03:14:27 pm »

How compatible is it with 40.15

Works fine. Been doing my Tests in 40.15, and I'll add the habergeon problem I've been having has been persisting since effort that.

Stalhansch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2014, 05:52:21 pm »

Alright, well, here are the two armours in question:
Code: [Select]
[ITEM_ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_HAUBERGEON]
[NAME:haubergeon:haubergeons]
[ARMORLEVEL:2]
[UBSTEP:1]
[LBSTEP:1]
[LAYER:ARMOR]
[COVERAGE:200]
[LAYER_SIZE:12]
[LAYER_PERMIT:16]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:3]
[METAL]
[STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_CHAIN_ALL]
Code: [Select]
[ITEM_ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_HAUBERK]
[NAME:hauberk:hauberks]
[ARMORLEVEL:2]
[UBSTEP:1]
[LBSTEP:2]
[LAYER:ARMOR]
[COVERAGE:200]
[LAYER_SIZE:12]
[LAYER_PERMIT:16]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:3]
[METAL]
[STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_CHAIN_ALL]
Virtually identical. It must be something else, and I can't seem to figure out what. I'm at a loss.

We know haubergeons can be worn with breastplates, I've found that easily enough, as can hauberks. It must be some kind of preference conflict.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2014, 06:03:40 pm »

I'm going to try ordering the equipment differently and see if that has an impact. Such strangeness.
EDIT: No change. They keep dumping them on the floor for whatever reason. I thought it might be order since it happened once before, but this just consistently keeps happening.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2014, 05:13:32 am »

Edit: eh, carry on.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 05:15:51 am by Liber celi »

Floppypig

• Bay Watcher
  • looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2014, 11:12:26 pm »

I'd just remove the haubergeon i suppose
“All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Stalhansch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2014, 05:17:19 pm »

After extensive testing I still can't seem to make sense of why it's happening.

I can only agree with the above suggestion. I don't see why you would give a civ both the haubergeon and the hauberk anyway since they work identically, it would be best to only give them one to avoid whatever bug this is.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2014, 05:34:07 pm »

After extensive testing I still can't seem to make sense of why it's happening.

I can only agree with the above suggestion. I don't see why you would give a civ both the haubergeon and the hauberk anyway since they work identically, it would be best to only give them one to avoid whatever bug this is.

Actually far as I know the two were already in the entity files provided with the download (the only changes I made were adding one weapon and removing three to the dwarf one.) The tests were in the Arena, though fort mode testing reveals that habergeon-armored dwarves would also refuse to equip breastplates (one civ having not developed the hauberk while another did, with similar results.)

It's not a big deal, I just found it strange is all.

Stalhansch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2014, 05:45:35 pm »

Dwarves are only granted the hauberk in the entity file that comes with the mod. In fact I'm pretty sure I have it so that only plains humans use haubergeons.

The tests were in the Arena, though fort mode testing reveals that habergeon-armored dwarves would also refuse to equip breastplates (one civ having not developed the hauberk while another did, with similar results.)
I'm going to keep testing until I narrow down what exactly could be causing this. I appreciate the help you've given so far.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stal's Armoury Pack v1.5a [40.14+]
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2014, 05:49:12 pm »

It was an earlier version of the mod where it cropped up, but it still occurs when doing arena tests. Not a big deal, just strange, as I said.

Floppypig

• Bay Watcher
  • looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2014, 04:44:30 pm »

Is it going to be updated anytime soon?
“All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Ladygolem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2014, 07:37:27 pm »

Is there anything incompatible with the current version here? I don't recall the item raws changing at all since 40.14; I don't have every changelog memorised but nothing about armor or items comes to mind.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2014, 07:43:27 pm »

Is there anything incompatible with the current version here? I don't recall the item raws changing at all since 40.14; I don't have every changelog memorised but nothing about armor or items comes to mind.

Unless there's any changes that affect weapons or armor directly he doesn't need to update them. I've used them in 40.16, 17, and 18.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2014, 09:31:55 pm »

I would like to say, as a historical weapon enthusiast, I love this mod. It is so much more realistic than regular DF and much more detailed. I like being able to choose between different specialized weapons.

A few of questions:
1. How did you handle the vanilla problem of maces being worse than hammers at everything?

2. Do you plan to add polearms, such as pollaxes? If so, what weapon skills would they use? will you add pollaxes and if so, what weapon skill will they use?

3. For ranged weapons, are they still loaded and shot in one action as in vanilla in adventure mode?

4: Is the "War pick" a Horseman's pick?

EDIT: Just realized that you do have plenty of polearms listed under the pikes section. I overlooked that at first, sorry.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 12:29:23 am by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Ladygolem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2014, 10:38:33 pm »

This mod looks great! It's clear you've done your research. Definitely adding this to my download list.

Question: the item list, while varied, seems very eurocentric; do you have any plans to expand the mod in the future with other culture's weapons and armours? There's many medieval Persian, Indian, Chinese, south-east Asian swords and axes to consider, not to mention the obvious katanas of Japan. Notable examples that would be interesting to see: the dao, urumi, parashu, ciupaga, assegai/iklwa, gada, and bulawa come to mind, in terms of weapons.

I noticed also that you included roman armour and clothes like the caligae; which opens up a world of possibilities in terms of ancient and prehistoric weapons + armour one could use as well. I know this is a lot of potential work; but I believe the mod would be that much more satisfying for it. Who says all dwarves have to be limited to being merely small vikings, after all?

Stalhansch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2014, 08:06:37 am »

A few of questions:
1. How did you handle the vanilla problem of maces being worse than hammers at everything?

2. will you add pollaxes and if so, what weapon skill will they use?

3. For ranged weapons, are they still loaded and shot in one action as in vanilla in adventure mode?

4: Is the "War pick" a Horseman's pick?
1. In theory, my maces should be better suited against lightly- or un-armoured victims opponents while hammers have better performance against armoured ones. However, this is DF, so results may vary.

2. The problem with adding new weapons such as that is that it can get difficult to make them... unique, in terms of performance. There already exists a few redundant weapons as it is. I opted to not include some weapons so that I could expand on the sub-type with better variety that filled in the gaps instead.

3. They should, at least from my observations. But it was recently brought to my attention that ranged doesn't quite work as I intended. I'm currently trying to re-figure it.

4. It can be described as that, yes.

Question: the item list, while varied, seems very eurocentric; do you have any plans to expand the mod in the future with other culture's weapons and armours? There's many medieval Persian, Indian, Chinese, south-east Asian swords and axes to consider, not to mention the obvious katanas of Japan. Notable examples that would be interesting to see: the dao, urumi, parashu, ciupaga, assegai/iklwa, gada, and bulawa come to mind, in terms of weapons.
My knowledge of weapons can be described as "eurocentric". I'm not too familiar with weapons outside of western europe--save for some common examples. This also ties in with my answer about redundant weapons above. On top of this I don't particularly feel that eastern weapons really fit into the style of DF; it would feel rather ham-handed of me to try and include them, especially the more 'obscure' examples.

Not to say I would be against trying to make a more eastern-focused pack should I feel inspired to do so. I would have to do a fair bit of research though.

I noticed also that you included roman armour and clothes like the caligae; which opens up a world of possibilities in terms of ancient and prehistoric weapons + armour one could use as well. I know this is a lot of potential work; but I believe the mod would be that much more satisfying for it. Who says all dwarves have to be limited to being merely small vikings, after all?
The items in question are actually examples that could be found in Britannia, or the Roman era of Britain, and while the items carry Roman names it does not necessarily restrict their style to that, merely their construction. These particular styles of footwear would have been found in many places, and while they may have fallen out of fashion-favour in most it does not mean their use fell so rapidly with it.

A prehistoric pack for DF does sound interesting, however. I'll have to consider that rather heavily.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10