Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: [0.40.10] Wasteland Chronicles: The Brotherhood (beta 3)  (Read 29347 times)

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.10] Wasteland Chronicles: The Brotherhood (beta 3)
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2014, 11:34:45 am »

It'd been mostly been put on hold waiting for the new DF release...But Deon is always working on something

NoobKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 28, 2014, 12:52:02 am »

Can it be installed into 40.14 anyway?

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 28, 2014, 10:29:27 am »

oh yeah, you can swap the raw folder in...and with a few minor tweaks you can "harvest" scrap off of scrap piles too.  I changed mutfruit and a few others to a real tree for myself...but dunno what Deon'll do officially.

NoobKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 28, 2014, 09:41:44 pm »

I just want this mod for adventure mode. Don't really play dwarf mode that much. Anyway, editing the parts of the RAWs that only affect AM should be easier, right?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 18, 2014, 12:37:17 am »

It'd been mostly been put on hold waiting for the new DF release...But Deon is always working on something
Unfortunately right now I am just "working", due to the falling rouble exchange rate (in relation to euro) and quickly rising prices :). Living in Russia is not the easiest thing when you have a family, there are international sanctions and you work in international company, heh, but I'll manage.

Right now I am considering to dedicate one of my weekends to update it, so I am very sorry for the long lack of updates, I will see what I can do.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 02:45:55 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Kazymir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 22, 2014, 10:18:40 pm »

I loved the previous version, and await a full release with baited breath.
We must not look at Goblin Men
We must not buy their fruits
Who knows upon what soil they've fed
Their hungry, thirsty roots?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2015, 10:12:35 am »

Thanks to New Year I got some free days and now I am considering to return to DF modding.
I am a bit burned out on the old projects, however it should not be too hard to update the mods to the new version if someone really wised to.

I am thinking of a Wasteland-type mod which instead is focused on the Fall, an event which threw a world of basic fantasy races into another dimension which introduced Taint into the world, which has an effect on living creatures similar to FEV/radiation in Fallout.

I've just started to work on this mod, so there's almost nothing done, just concept drafts, items and production chains in my notepad, but I will slowly update this google doc with details which are already in and are in 100% finished state.
As you can guess, there's almost nothing:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vCM1cik-CXD4Rwi55YCcQMYRoZAiYTUnj49U5V0tSpc

Do you guys think that the players which like fallout/wasteland may enjoy this type of mod? It will make it much easier to explain demons/necromancers/magic and tie it all together.
Right now it's quite difficult and feels unnatural to cut out big parts of DF2014 (such as necromancers, secrets, demons, vaults with HFS) just to stay close to canon of post-apocalyptic fiction.

Also the fact that the game is so focused on melee weapons and ranged weapons cannot be very different and are hard to fight with... It would make more sense to have dwarves (called Vaulters) in top hats and mechanized armor fighting with halberds to fend off the menace of elves (now ghouls) in rags with clubs and spears, with a random sniper in the back in ratskin suit using his musket to pick off ranged attackers while being covered by an assassin with double hand-crossbows and with a monocle of true sight...

I want to make it so you start as a barely surviving nation with basic tools and weapons (but remembering the great culture, thus tea, coffee, bowler hats, fancy suits and walking canes are a must), then collect the scraps of the old world and trade for secrets, then uncover and reverse engineer stuff to get to the old technology level (guns, bombs, mechanized armor, steam weaponry), and eventually learn to utilize the new dimension-related things, like portals to call outworld creatures, taint substances to introduce mutations to your own people etc.

P.S. Probably I loved Arcanum too much... And Fallen London, it's an amazing browser game :).
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 10:18:25 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #127 on: January 03, 2015, 03:02:15 pm »

I'm all for a fantasy apocolypse as you describe. I think the main concept that I enjoy from Wasteland is the complex economy. Somehow, charging power cells and building tube computers from scrap kept my interest.

Hmmm, you could change Savagery or Good/Evil into Mana Level.... I'm excited!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 03, 2015, 04:15:40 pm »

Actually I plan to keep "Good" as "normal" region, so it would house the most fierce of survived animals and semimegabeasts of DF world; normal would be crawling with tainted (aka mutated) creatures and "evil" is a place of Lovecraftian and Stephen King "Black Tower" style outworldish horror.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2015, 04:29:08 pm »

That sounds like an incredible concept, Deon. Radiation in the Fallout universe was treated like magic anyway, so I doubt the feel would change much. The unfortunate reality of DF modding (which you doubtlessly undetstand) is that you're constrained by the system, but the idea of steampunk gentlemen living in DF's dark world makes me smile a bit.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 05, 2015, 06:24:27 pm »

Oh, yes, constrained, but the constraints aren't too tight in most cases.

Except creature placement, dammit.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 07, 2015, 10:30:45 pm »

The idea of steampunk gentlemen living in DF's dark world makes me smile a bit.

+1, watching with great anticipation.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 08, 2015, 12:47:18 pm »

The idea of steampunk gentlemen living in DF's dark world makes me smile a bit.

+1, watching with great anticipation.
Well, my dev. plan is here, so if you have something to contribute please go ahead, I really appreciate any kind of interest.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=147222.0
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #133 on: January 08, 2015, 12:56:50 pm »

I had to laugh when I saw that.

Meph: Hey, I'm going to restart that big mod, nanana, wörkwörkwörk, first test release, second test release, nananana... crap, I've got no idea what I'm doing and in what order. Mh, what is Deon doing over at his post-apoc mod?

Deon: I have this 7-page document that describes my ideas before I start modding, clearly sorted with background lore.

:D
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 08, 2015, 01:01:50 pm »

That's not just document, that's what is actually IN the mod already. I have a lot of drafts :D. To be precise a full notebook of pictures, schemes and drafts and some ideas here and there in my work books from the job :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10