Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: World of Giants (Updates are walls of text!)  (Read 7021 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: World of Giants (Updates are walls of text!)
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2014, 06:55:46 pm »

Declare that the dragon is to be our god - we must worship it for at least one hour before we go to bed. The dragon is our protector. The dragon commands our lives. The dragon commands our souls!

Ignore the dragon for now - how far have we gotten on that palisade? Are there any non-hostile animals that have been seen?

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2014, 08:25:31 pm »

I forget and I'm too lazy to check if it was mentioned - what kind of plants are we growing?

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2014, 12:05:17 pm »

What's the possibility of brewing some of the sugar fruits into a kind of rum? Introducing alcohol could end badly but it may be useful, perhaps for trading with other survivors. By the way, do we have any farm tools and a way of making great amounts of controlled heat?

We should also send small scavenging parties into the fringes of any nearby woods to see if they can recover any sizable sticks to be made into spears.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2014, 07:22:05 pm »

To be honest, we're kinda of stuck at the moment.
We need some kind of hard material to make tools. The pen knives were lost with the scouts. There's no useful materials like flint.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2014, 05:40:25 pm »

Send scouts immedieately.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2014, 06:55:12 pm »

Prepared anyone who has trained with the spears to get ready and station on the outermost buildings. Whether or not we have trained, we will join them. Also gather anything of value that is community-owned, and pile it in an open location.
((This is your solution to our metal problem, I assume? I don't think we have much anything to trade, besides our food.))

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2014, 07:22:25 pm »

"Forgive us, but we are, ah, newcomers to this land. I don't know your customs, but my name is [our name]. What's yours?"

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2014, 12:49:47 pm »

Ask about this obviously alien / past future trinket. And how the hell they managed to make a wagon. And why they are here. And what they know about this world. And mention that they shouldn't annoy our guardian dragon.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2014, 06:48:45 pm »

Invite him to see the scrap we've gathered, and see if he'd be willing to trade for tools. Also ask what he plans to do now. Subtly suggest that they could help us get on our feet, maybe even settle alongside us here so the journey isn't wasted. Try to learn more about their customs too, to avoid future incidents. Oh, and other settlements nearby.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2014, 09:05:41 pm »

Well we seem to have hit a point of diminishing returns so we may as well bring some new factors into play.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2014, 10:05:57 am »

Yeah, remove that translator thing, take a step back and explain situation to our team. Invite the newcomers stay for night, it's probably safer to leave on early morning.
Also tell our guys to not trust these guys at all if they return without me. Go along with newcomers. Carefully though, I don't like that grin.

More talking: Note the obvious tech level difference between the translating machine and this village, indicating existance of third party.
Also note how most animals seem to avoid the village, even before the dragon came. Wonder why.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 10:39:06 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2014, 04:38:32 pm »

Put some people in some buildings next to theirs if there aren't already to keep an eye on them to make sure they don't try to completely surprise kill us all in the night. We will go to sleep so we can timeskip be well rested for the journey.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 09:18:36 am by Worldmaster27 »

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2015, 09:18:45 am »

bump?

MikaTheCrazy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't know why this is my avatar now
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2015, 12:11:57 pm »

Is the corpse of the bug-thing that attacked us earlier still around? Maybe we could break off it's proboscis to make a weapon.
Okay fine, maybe I'm too lazy to find something to put here.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]