Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Puella Magi Madoka★Magica: Firmament {She died for your Follies}  (Read 11499 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Puella Magi Madoka★Magica: Firmament {There will be no survivors}
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2014, 04:11:08 pm »

[X] Shut Tsubey up.
   [X] "No. BAD cat. You nearly got me disemboweled, leave her out of it."

[X] Talk to...
   [X] Tsubey
      [X] About...
         [X] Getting hurt
            [X] "Why am I still alive again?"
         [X] Magical Girls
            [X] "How long do magical girls usually live? Is being ripped open a common cause of death?"
   [X] Helga
      [X] About...
         [X] Getting hurt
         [X] Magical Girls
         [X] Tsubey
            [X] "I made a contract with kitty to become a magical girl, but magical girls have to fight witches, and occasionally witches cut open your chest with weird three-jointed arm things. Fortunately I can heal pretty well, just not quite well enough. Sorry."

I second
+111111

Quite acceptable. Go with this!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2014, 09:19:55 pm »

[X] Shut Tsubey Up

"No. Bad cat. You nearly got me disemboweled, leave her out of it."

Tsubey doesn't visibly react, staring at you with his gemstone-like eyes.

<It's not exactly my fault. Your wound stems from choices that you made on your own. The Incubators do not cause harm to people we contract, we merely allow them to harm themselves.>

"Shut. Up." You shoot a useless glare at the strange creature.

[X] Talk to
   [X] Tsubey

"How the hell am I still walking, by the way? I don't remember any healing being included in the deal."

<Why do you ask? Are you not pleased to find you heal faster?>

"I know how contracts work. You give me something, you're going to expect me to give you something back. But I never asked for this."

<Magical Girls always receive a boost to their healing. We aren't too sure why it happens to, but it's exceptionally useful in guaranteeing secondary returns, which provides for a higher density of active Magical Girls.>

[X] Magical Girls.

"How long do magical girls usually live? Is being ripped open a common cause of death?"

Tsubey pauses briefly, staring at you with his dead eyes.

<The current average is two years.>

Your blood turns to ice as you just stare at him. You hear Helga gasp almost inaudibly.

Tsubeys tail swishes back and forth in a rhythmic pattern. <That number is skewed by a high number of outliers. In theory, a Magical Girl does not die of old age, but many never survive to even fight a witch. You have already passed 18 percent of Magical Girls in age. Most die of Grief Seed deprivation, not even knowing where it comes from. On the other hand, the current Queen of England, Elizabeth, has been a Magical Girl since she was your age. She represents a high outlier, surviving almost ninety years as a Magical Girl in London. It is, as it always was, up to you.>

He turns to stare directly into the eyes of Helga. <Of course, teams of Magical Girls usually last significantly longer than individuals, assuming the city can already support the population.>

[X] Talk to...
   [X] Helga

"Is... Is this real? The truth?" Helga asks you. the look in her eyes makes you flinch and look away.

"Yeah, it is. I'm a Magical Girl now. Remember the car wreck a week ago?"

"Was on the way to school from your house. But you came to school that day."

"I.... Made a wish. That's how you contract. You get one wish, which can be almost anything, but then you have to become a Magical Girl... And fight for your life against these creepy things called Witches... That's how I got hurt..."

You tell her everything, from the very beginning. There isn't really much to tell, but watching the normally cheerful Helga look so somber is kind of painful. Tsubey often tries to step in and suggest Helga contract, but for some reason you're opposed to it. Maybe you don't want to see her hurt like you are. Maybe you're just jealous.

Eventually, you're both just staring at each others feet in the alley, nothing left to say.

The one thing you didn't tell her is what your powers do. You couldn't take that from her. You're holding your Soul Gem in egg form in the palm of your hand, while Helga sniffs and wipes at her tears. It is for this reason that you feel a pulse of energy, which immediately puts you on alert. You've only felt that pulse one time....

<A witch seems to have opened her barrier nearby.> Tsubey says in the strange manner that incubators seem to use, sounding at once cheerful and emotionless.
He is going to die if you do nothing

[CHOICE SELECT]

[X] Find the Witch
   [X] With Helga
   [X] Without Helga

[X] Continue talking to...
   [X] Tsubey
   [X] Helga

[X] Check Soul Gem
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2014, 08:57:10 pm »

[X] Find the Witch
   [X] With Helga

[ X ]and talk with deamon space ferret
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2014, 11:04:57 am »

[X] Find the Witch
   [X] Without Helga

This seems like the most responsible thing to do, all in all, what with the survival rate troubles and whatnot.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2014, 04:57:24 pm »

tiebreakah?

tiebreakah!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2014, 05:28:28 pm »

I would but I'm genuinely torn on this one.

On the one hand, it'd obviously be safer.

On the other, I doubt she's going to let us run off on our own like this. She'll want to see what's up with her own eyes.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2014, 06:12:48 pm »

[X] Find the Witch
   [X] Without Helga

This seems like the most responsible thing to do, all in all, what with the survival rate troubles and whatnot.

+1 There is not reason to risk her before she makes a wish a becomes a proper meatshield.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2014, 09:07:30 am »

[X] Find the Witch
   [X] Without Helga

"Helga..."

"You want me to leave." It's not a question. The hollow way she says it nearly breaks your heart.

"I...Uh..."

"Is not a surprise. I am not magical girl like you. Probably like a burden on your shoulders during fight."

"Helga."

"Go. Leave me here. I want to speak to the cat." She turns towards Tsubey, who stares at her in dead silence.

His tail swishes idly back and forth.
Back and forth.
Back and forth.

"Go, Chelsea. I am just a burden."

You leave.

=

The witches barrier is in a small alley east of a ice cream shop you used to frequent. It's fairly deep inside the city, but not exactly in a bad neighborhood. This is probably the closest Wichita, or hell, Kansas in general comes to "middle class New York" as far as living conditions.

[DIIFFICULTY ROLL: 58]

The barrier opens in front of you in response to only a idle push from your magic. Reality around you warps slightly and folds in on itself, translating you into a pocket dimension somehow without moving you. Just like last time, you think about how it feels as though you stepped very suddenly on a very fast train, and then stepped back off.

You orient yourself. The plain around you stretches out into a horizon of flat green on blue, the grass more like a living crayon drawing than something alive. Perfectly smooth and regular geometric objects embed themselves in the ground around you, like old meteors with their craters filled. The crayon grass has begun the process of growing up their sides, but without a purchase it's made little progress.

Perhaps most disturbing is the sky. Or to be more specific, the clouds. You watch in something between awe and mild horror as a cloud simply turns as it passes you, just so that the bottom is always facing you. Further away you note a massive lightbulb, easily the size of a small building. Wires are stapled to the sky around it, linking it to other bulbs at massive distances. The clouds seem "attracted" to that as well, a huge circle of orbiting white, the "bottoms" always facing in. Equidistant from you and the bulbs, the clouds seem to grow confused, vibrating rapidly between facing you and facing the bulb. The end result is that the sky looks painfully artificial and not unlike a game glitch.

A small squeak draws your attention to your foot. What looks like a tiny ghost stands there, like a man not three inches tall, tightly wrapped like a fruit for the market. A small yellow ball sprouts from it's head on a infinitely fine wire.

The Familiar squeaks again, seeming to look up at you.

[CHOICE SELECT]

[X] Check Soul Gem

[X] Ignore Familiar

[X] Attempt to talk to the Familiar

[X] Kill Familiar
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2014, 11:00:36 am »

In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2014, 12:15:08 pm »

[X] Kill Familiar.

It's probably a good idea to assume evil intent here by default, after all.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2014, 02:49:22 pm »

Well, Helga's officially a magical girl now. Knew we shoulda taken her.

+1

[X] Kill Familiar.

It's probably a good idea to assume evil intent here by default, after all.
In general, yeah. But we should probably try not to be too hasty on the draw, if we want to remain a "good" girl.

Plus, this particular familiar is bizarre, harmless-looking, and actively attempting to communicate with us. Something weird is going on here, and that bears investigation.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2014, 10:38:54 pm »

• RUN LIKE A CHICKEN WITH ITS HEAD CUT OFF
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2014, 12:00:20 am »

Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2014, 07:56:44 am »

[X] Attempt to talk to the familiar

"Oh, uh, hi." You say lamely.

The Familiar squeaks softly, jumping slightly.

Hesitantly, you reach down to pick it up, and it allows you to bring it closer to your face...

Before detonating like a kilogram of gunpowder.

You scream and clutch at the burns forming on your face, falling over in the process. It's several seconds before you can see again, and you open one eye just in time to see another Familiar running towards you.

Uh oh.

[COMBAT]

[X] Dodge! [75%]

[X] Kick it! [56%]

[X] Smash it! [67%]
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2014, 09:24:07 am »

What a brilliant and entirely predictable turn of events!

[X] Dodge it, because body contact with explosives is inadvisable, m'kay?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11