Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Multiple Item Pickup in Adventure Mode  (Read 628 times)

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
Multiple Item Pickup in Adventure Mode
« on: August 28, 2014, 10:43:55 pm »

After playing adventure mode for a long time, I've always found it somewhat irritating to pick up items from a large pile of stuff, seeing as you have to go through the motions for each item on that tile. So, as a small improvement, it'd be great if you could select multiple items in one go through the list, to save time and keystrokes.

The way I imagine it is that you select items as you go and then press [Enter] when you're done (basically what Nethack does). If people would still like the one-item pickup you currently have, there'd be another key to toggle between picking up one or multiple items. I don't expect multiple pickup to be faster than picking everything up one at a time.

How I imagine the finer points working out (which I suspect are quite debatable):
  • Items are picked up by the player in the order they were selected. This way, you can ensure you pick up the most important things first in dangerous situations, where you could be interrupted in the middle of picking things up.
  • Deselecting an item will vacate its slot in the order for the next selected item to occupy. This would let you, for example, change your mind on what to pick up first without having to deselect and reselect everything.
  • Some sort of "take all" key would likely be helpful as well.
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.