Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: FEF Twin King (IC Selesht) - Chapter 0: Prologue  (Read 18378 times)

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF Twin King (IC Selesht) - Chapter 0: Prologue
« Reply #225 on: March 16, 2015, 07:57:46 pm »

"Alessa, I'm sorry, but he's gone. If there is a way to communicate with his spirit in the beyond I do not know of it. He will walk with the Prophet at the End of Time." Privately she thought to herself... And I would rather he die now than get the rest of us killed in the future. Especially you.

"The best we can do now is entrust him to the sand's embrace."
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 16, 2015, 08:09:21 pm »

Alessa intentionally tried to tune out Lucian's voice, but got his message very clearly.

"Well...alright. I just, I'll- I just regret that I didn't...get to know him. Much."

She actually didn't know how to bury a person, or how to collect herself at the death of an ally, and it showed on her face.

Oh, how she wished she was wearing a mask, right now.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 16, 2015, 09:48:19 pm »

Tyria shifted awkwardly as Aalberg was announced dead. She had joked about it so casually but now that he was dead she felt somewhat bad about what shed said.

"As much better as Lucian could've phrased that, I agree with him about burying him here. Someone should did a hole, maybe the Great Titus would lend a hand?"

Feeling bad wasn't going to stop her quips though.

"Funny how you talk of respect, Lucian, when you seem to have none."
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 09:52:26 pm by F.O.E. »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 16, 2015, 09:51:10 pm »

Lucian yawned.

"How very astute of you to notice. I give my respect to those I've feel have earned it, which little miss "Get herself captured" has not."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 16, 2015, 10:05:37 pm »

Yilda rolled her eyes at Lucian. He'd earn no respect with that abrasive attitude of his. Yilda understood that she herself could be... Short, let's say, with people- But she didn't take every possibility to pour sarcasm onto a conversation, at the very least.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 17, 2015, 07:44:24 pm »

Titus had long since dropped the joke, his hatchet at his belt and the man quickly tossing himself off of the poor horse he was riding on to check on Aalberg with Sariya. The large man had a heavy set frown on his face at the fate of their companion. He didn't know the guy well, but he was still an ally. Allies in the east were always to be treasured, in such a rough area they're rare and communal effort is needed to survive.

Damn, and he was in such a good mood just before.

"Hm. Ain' got a shovel myself. Wouldn' be RIGHT to leave him out here for the ANIMALS though, best we give him the ground's REGARDS."

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 17, 2015, 09:53:14 pm »

Sariya helps the others clear a shallow grave for Aalberg. After they finish the placing his corpse at the spot where he died she attempts to give him the last rites due to those who've died in service of the Prophet.

"From the sands of God, He forms our bodies. From the breath of God, life's caress awakens the soul. But as these things come to pass so too must we. When our breath rejoins the wind, when our body it has chosen where it shall rejoin the sand, it is us returning what is due to Him and to our brethren. For the pleasures of life are great, but we cannot selfishly take what God has provided us! Praises be upon Him! He who gave us so much! Praises to his Prophet! Who has shown us the way to harmony, prosperity, and to act as God would act in generosity. We must remember to not grieve too long for what was never truly ours and instead cherish those still close to us. Peace be upon Aalberg's soul, until his rest carries him to the End of Time and all souls are ready to walk as one with the Prophet."

She finishes with the sign of departure, holding a palm outstretched before closing it around her other hand to signal the reunion to come, before bowing and moving out of the way for others to say what they wished while the mage's spirit may still linger in the winds, or at least remain close enough that the other dead may carry their voices to him. This was the first time she had to use her training and she hoped she performed it as she was required. Despite her reservations about the mage, a proper burial would hopefully give any who had reason to feel sorrow closure, and allow them to move on. She would still need to return to the priesthood and tell of Aalberg's fall to his kin and close friends once they had returned, and made a note so that they could come and pay their respects through a pilgrimage if opportunity and inclination presented itself.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 28, 2015, 01:12:34 am »

The noise of silence mounted until Sariya couldn't bear it. A guilt over wanting the mage dead wormed its way through the muted air and dug into her consciousness. She was supposed to be better than this. They were all supposed to be better than this. She turned away from the ceremony and walked away from the group to be alone with the desert for a while.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 28, 2015, 01:16:00 am »

Figuring that they'd been standing silent for long enough, Lucian made his way over towards Tyria.

"So tell me. How did you find yourself working for the prophet? I mean, myself being a son of the Sultan, it makes sense that I'd be given such an honor. But what of yourself?"

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 28, 2015, 03:29:07 am »

Well that definitely explains the attitude... "I don't  really know ow, I just sorta did. I mean, I was supposed to be working with one of my father's friends but I'm here instead."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 28, 2015, 11:23:59 am »

"Interesting. So that magic you use, who trained you?"

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 28, 2015, 12:52:11 pm »

"I use Anima magic, though you probably meant what school of it I use. I mostly stick to fire magic."

"I didn't have a teacher, I just discovered I could use magic one day and have slowly been learning the basics from there."
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 12:57:55 pm by F.O.E. »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 28, 2015, 01:18:32 pm »

Titus didn't see much to add to the funeral. Didn't know 'em, didn't care to know 'em frankly. Guy seemed rather dim.

"Here's hopin' he doesn' decide to GO his OWN WAY in DEATH like he did in LIFE. Prophet knows he'd be the last UGLY mug I'd like to see as a GHOST, and there's QUITE a FEW I'd rather not." Well, he was at least respectful until after the funeral was done.

Seeing the priestess wander off by herself though, the boisterous man frowned and called out to her. ...In his usual manner. "HEY, where do YAH think YER GOIN'? WE aren't gonna be WAITING long, we STILL got a WAYS to GO. Rather NOT have a repeat of LAST time someone WENT ALONE."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 28, 2015, 01:55:52 pm »

:"...hey, Titus. Let me handle this, alright?"

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 29, 2015, 12:17:36 am »

Titus glanced at Cedomir, visibly thinking for a moment before grunting and falling silent with a nod.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18