Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: FEF Twin King (IC Selesht) - Chapter 0: Prologue  (Read 18377 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: FEF Twin King (IC Selesht) - Chapter 0: Prologue
« Reply #240 on: March 29, 2015, 12:25:15 am »

Alessa paid her respects in silence--there was nobody to relate with in her shame now. Aalberg was the only person who could reasonably vouch for the intensity of the battle first-hand, but then sudden complications arose and she felt like whatever occurred, the supernatural had a hand into it: Now she was the only one left. Dol and his buddy, they carried a great weight which could be carried by the two of those implicated, but given recent events (especially emphasized by the son of a sultan), Alessa didn't feel any better after the funeral.

Looking at the path Sariya traveled, the young thiefling decided to employ the only things she was best at: being a craven wretch, and sneaking around.

Granted, this allowed her to sneak up to Sariya, though uncertain as to if she was spotted at all. Despite this, she felt the familiar clamp in her throat, and the uncertainty of what to say came about once more.

"Are you alright, Sari?"

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 29, 2015, 12:41:37 am »

Sariya had slumped down into a cross-legged position facing outwards.

"Not as much as I'd like, 'lessa."

She tilted backwards and sprayed herself outwards in the sand as she looked up into the night sky. After a moment to absorb the view she was ready to talk.

"This isn't at all what I expected. When I was chosen to become a follower of the Prophet it was the greatest honor I could imagine, and yet for some of them it seems to mean nothing... And I'm starting to wonder why I cared myself." She avoided the more serious issue that was bothering her of course. Alessa would think her a monster if she knew Sariya's thoughts on the empty ceremony she had just performed.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 01:37:39 am by Glowcat »
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 29, 2015, 03:11:31 am »

Alessa sat adjacent to her friend, in the same sitting position as she.

"Maybe its because of how you see things, personally. You value being a follower with many, many virtues which maybe the others don't see. Things like being friendly or standing up for others, or compromise and mercy. These things inspire people, even people who may doubt themselves."

She looked to the sands aside, as her memories traveled into the past. Sariya was the first person she met on this course--she was the catalyst to her own change of attitude and beliefs.

"It's just that others may not have as much insight as you. Remember when we first met? I was busy-as-a-scavenger and you were pretty much an acolyte serving her duties? You saw things in me that many others in your position (or...pretty much generally everyone else) didn't. I-I'm not sure if that's what you expected, but that's not what I expected in you. Took a long time before we got close, as far as I remember that."

She looked back. Was that a footstep on sand, back there?

"Anyway...that's just me and my-um, insights. Sometimes people doubt themselves because of how they see others do things. It's still their own choice to care though. And I think Titus and-erm, the other guy with the nice sandy hair would like to talk to you too. They seemed worried."

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 29, 2015, 04:26:48 am »

Sariya thought back to those days. It was a few years after she had been told that she was chosen to serve in the priesthood and had finally begun to appreciate the new path, even if she still did not understand the reasons behind it. She had met the young Alessa while providing healing and care for those in the slums of the city... The girl was certainly rough, and did unsavory things, but Sariya saw her troubles born out of desperation and cynicism rather than sincere malice, greed, or arrogance. In rebuilding herself Sariya was also filled with a renewed idealism that allowed her to reach out and hope for the best in people.

"I never thought your darkness was your own, but maybe you're right. While growing up in the upper districts I was awed by the majesty of the Prophet and his lords when they would appear. They all seemed... well... noble in spirit, and exemplars of wisdom, bravery, or compassion. I always wanted to be one of them, one day. And here I am, where it looks very different than it did ten years ago. But maybe with all that's happened I might not be seeing as clearly as I did before. I have not given them half the chance I gave you." Or maybe I've changed too much...

She wanted to say much more... but not to her childhood friend. Right now Alessa had much more faith in her than she did, and she wasn't about to ruin that. Instead it was easier to address the concerns expressed on behalf of the others.

"They can wait a moment longer."

"We're not too far off from the camp and I want to enjoy one of the last nights we can still see the stars until the storms pass. You can tell them that I am alright and ready to leave when they are."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 29, 2015, 06:25:04 am »

Alessa smiled as she saw the look of peace on her friend. She wasn't that insightful of a person--she wasn't that much of anything, really, as everything she knew came more from everyone else around her than personal things. Or was it just her self-team? How'd it go again?

She stood up and brushed away the thought. She'd ask Titus about it, maybe. He seemed like the knowledgeable fellow, and a great man with camaraderie and a thick skin.

Appearing back at the group, she waved at Cedomir.

"Sariya is alright. She's open to talk, and just relaxing. She's ready to leave when you are."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 29, 2015, 10:40:19 am »

Cedomir scratched the back of his head nervously, before nodding and speaking to Sariya.
:"Well, uh, good, 'cause I came ta talk. I... kinda heard some a your conversation as I was walking over here, and I hope you don't mind if I have something to say, but... well, you thought the others don't really think highly of actually being retainers, yeah? I'm not that sure, I mean... I know I take it seriously (it was a helluva shock to me to even get IN). And then there's Titus, he seems to be kinda overdramatic, but I can tell he really ain't a bad guy. Tyria and Yilda, they may seem kinda... whatsthaword... imperious sometimes but I can even tell with their last talk with Lucian that they're pretty serious about it all. And then Lucian... Lucian, I think, just needs to stay here in the real world for a while longer, and he'll get better, yeah?"
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 10:42:23 am by Powder Miner »

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 29, 2015, 11:25:25 am »

Sariya rose suddenly upon hearing Cedomir begin to speak, startled and taken completely by surprise as she had been gazing upwards.

"Cedomir?! I- wha-" She stopped to listen to the rest of what he was saying and quietly sighed as Cedomir awkwardly tried to cheer her up.

"Oh. You heard that."

"I'm sorry. I know I overreacted. About a lot of things. I mostly needed time to myself. It's not just their attitudes either... it's disappointing and I wish they'd do better but... That, the battle, and afterwords hearing that Dol might be punished for our actions... for the mage's death..." Sariya tried to express herself, avoiding the heart of the matter and instead talking about the inner battles at the periphery of her primary concern, but truth be told thinking about it just made her want to fall into the arms of a friend and hold them tight for the rest of the night. And if she didn't feel as though she must remain strong for her friend's sake she would have when Alessa came to see her.

"It's just hard for me to deal with it all. I'm not even a full adult yet and it feels as though I'm required to carry a burden that I'm not prepared for. That I don't deserve."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 29, 2015, 11:41:50 am »

:"Ayyeah, I get that. But, hey, we're gonna convince them not to punish Dol or Shabi, yeah? We're gonna make this end as well as possible, and it should stop being so awful."

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 29, 2015, 11:48:44 am »

"I suppose." It wasn't much of a consolation but the fact that Cedomir was trying cheered her up some.

"In any case, if we're not ready to leave right now I'd like to stay out here and enjoy the sky some more, if that's alright."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 29, 2015, 12:13:59 pm »

Cedomir shrugged, sitting down (though casting a glance at the others-- it was still a BIT too quiet over here for his tastes.).
:"Yeah, sure, let's do that. They'll come and get us when they're ready, right?"

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 29, 2015, 12:34:56 pm »

"Heh. I don't think our party is that bad."

Sitting back down next to Cedomir she smiled to herself as she enjoyed the view. She finally found herself letting go of all the tension she had been stewing in before. The world suddenly looked less bleak than it had moments before and for once somebody else carried the burden. It was nice.

"..."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 29, 2015, 02:29:27 pm »

Seeing Cedomir and Alessa handle Sariya, Titus nodded and went to occupy himself until it was time to move on. First though...

Glancing around first real quick, the giant of a man wandered over to the horses, his specifically. Digging something out of his pack he held it to the poor beast of burden in offering. Giving the horse a pat on the neck, the man moved away to leave the beast to its meal.

Seating himself somewhere quiet, Titus dug into his pack once more and brought out several items: a whetstone, a small stone flask, several strips of leather, and finally a few rags of various sizes. Taking the largest to cover the ground the man placed the rest on top and then retrieved his axe. He set about inspecting and caring for the axe, checking it for damage or wear using the items he brought out.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 01, 2015, 10:33:15 pm »

"Hmm, interesting. I've always had a fascination with the other magic types. As you've seen, I use the Light Magic. Currently just the basic Lightning spell, but I hope to get my hands on some sort of Warding tome. They supposedly help your defensive through a sort of light shield. But it's interesting. Both Dark and Light magic are all rather similar with different focuses. Whereas Anima magic... Well, Wind, Fire, and Lightning are almost as different from each other as Anima, Light, and Dark, wouldn't you say?"

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 01, 2015, 10:58:40 pm »

"Hmm, I didn't know magic could be used for defense, excluding self-defense of course. And I hadn't really thought about, I know enough to cast Fire and that was good enough for me. But now that you mention it, they do seem different, almost different enough to have advantages against each other."

Tyria fidgeted.

"Hey, you seem to know about magic, or at least more than I do. Do you think you could... teach me about it?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 01, 2015, 11:01:41 pm »

Lucian hesitated but then nodded. After all, he wouldn't be a very good leader if he didn't share his knowledge. And if he wanted to be Sultan some day, he needed to be a good leader. And that was his right, wasn't it?

"Well, I can try and teach you some. If nothing else I can teach you about controlling the source of your magic. Even though Anima and Light are very different, I think that the basics are still the same. So tell me, what exactly do you know of magic so far?"
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18