Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: FEF Twin King (IC Selesht) - Chapter 0: Prologue  (Read 18573 times)

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF Twin King (IC Selesht) - Chapter 0: Prologue
« Reply #255 on: April 02, 2015, 12:17:56 am »

"I... know pretty much nothing more than the basics. There are three schools and anima has three disciplines. I know enough to cast the most basic anima spells but that's it."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 02, 2015, 12:41:38 am »

"Hmm, I'd have thought that your tutor would have taught you more... Well, anyways. Magic is all about the power of words. There are natural energies all around us. Anima, light, and dark. By using the spells written in our tomes, we can access those spirits. Well... assuming that you're in tune with those energies. Otherwise, the spiritual barrier will just force the spell to fizzle. That's why someone like Titus couldn't use one of our tomes. So clearly I am more aligned with the light energies and you are aligned with anima."

He pulled out his tome and started to chant.

"Now clearly you can see the spell at this point. And then I can direct it how I wish."

He made a gesture, and the light spell blasted the ground nearby.

"So if you wish to use more powerful magic, you need to train to become more in tune with the spirits, which can be done simply by using more spells, as well as needing to have access to those higher level tomes.""

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 02, 2015, 02:09:09 am »

"You could say they were a bit more than lax in their teachings..."

Tyria, for once in a long while, paid close attention to what someone else was saying.

"So..." Tyria pulled out her tome and chanted the incantation for fire.

"Like this?" Rather than throw the flame immediately, Tyria held it in place. After a short bit she sent it to the ground.

"Oh, it's really that simple? I thought it would take years of training or something like that."
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 02:13:25 am by F.O.E. »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 02, 2015, 02:14:34 am »

"Mmm, well some say that to truly master any sort of skill, it takes years. But you can seem to have a grasp on it a lot quicker than that. Especially if you have any sort of basic skill. Which... it seems you do."

That last bit appeared to be said grudgingly, but it was said.

"Now then. The next step would be to work on controlling what you produce. For instance, that fireball was good, but the shape wasn't under your control. If you get good enough..."

He chanted the spell, and made a gesture with his hand. A shining ball of light hung next to his head. Chanting again, he made another gesture, and a simple flower of light appeared next to the ball.

"This isn't a trick I expect you to pick up in a day. Especially not the flower. Focus first on the ball. Especially with fire magic, it's going to want to not obey. Fire is wild and not easily tamed. But once you are able to control it, you gain a mastery over it that allows you to do different things with it. Like the shields of light magic I was discussing earlier. Or, for instance, have the fire last a while longer, sticking to the enemy and dealing damage over time. I believe there is a tome of that sort of spell."

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 02, 2015, 09:18:46 pm »

Tyria was, though she'd never admit it out loud, beyond impressed by Lucian's skill with magic. Though he was underestimating her, she knew how to make a ball of fire, that was a basic, wasn't it?

She chanted the spell again, this time actually trying to make the flame into a ball rather then simply letting the fire do as it pleased.

"You mean like this?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 02, 2015, 10:03:56 pm »

Raising an eyebrow, Lucian gave a slight nod of respect to the girl. It seemed that he'd underestimated her. Still. Her skill was still beneath his, even if she was showing the promise to be as good as him some day.

"Indeed. Perhaps you knew more than I assumed. Well. Work on other shapes next. Obviously you shouldn't jump to something as complex as the flower I made you, but work on that. Some day, if your skill is good enough, you should be able to do something like this."

He chanted again, causing a small ball of light to appear. He sent it circling around the two of them, clearly concentrating hard. He wouldn't admit it, but this wasn't exactly a skill he had mastered. He was maneuvering it around his head when he lost control of it and the ball exploded in a bright flash of light.

"DAMMIT!"

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 02, 2015, 11:32:20 pm »

"'EY! LIGHTen up on the LIGHT show LASS, it ain' quite so EASY on the EYES!" Titus partially lifted himself up from his seated position to shout at Lucian with one hand, the other rubbing the spots out of his eyes from an unfortunate glance.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 02, 2015, 11:34:46 pm »

"I'm not a GIRL you bumbling IDIOT! If you can't deal with my magic, then go somewhere ELSE!"

While he had temporarily blinded himself with that spell, he wasn't going to let Titus know that.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 02, 2015, 11:38:53 pm »

"Well," Tyria said, rubbing her eyes. "I guess the magic lesson is over for now..." Or it seemed to be, based on Lucian's mood at least.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 02, 2015, 11:41:15 pm »

"Gah. I'm sorry about that but... Ugh. That wasn't easy and I lost concentration for a second and then that idiot insists on calling me a girl, as if he doesn't know full well that I'm not. It's infuriating to see someone like him insulting someone like me."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 02, 2015, 11:42:57 pm »

"'Fraid my EYES are too DONE IN to TELL at the MOMENT! I can DEAL FINE when the BLINDIN' is aimed at the ENEMY! Ya ain' seein' me TOSSIN' my AXE 'bout, do yah?" The giant threw back at the white-haired waif, crossings his arms with a 'hmph'.

Unfortunately this caused him to knock over the container he set out prior, spilling the oil inside onto the rag. He hurriedly moved to attend to, grumbling the whole time.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 02, 2015, 11:46:59 pm »

"I was giving her a lesson, you dumb mountain. If you were tossing your axe around to teach someone how to use one, I'd have no issue with it."
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]