Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampirism Broken in the latest version?  (Read 2062 times)

TheMaidenInBlack

• Bay Watcher
  • Soul of the mind, key to life's ether.
    • View Profile
Vampirism Broken in the latest version?
« on: August 29, 2014, 02:46:23 pm »

Even though I killed and drank (several pints) of blood from a vampire I did not get blood vision and after four in game days am still completely normal. I've killed two other vampires, drank their blood, AND eaten their hearts. I can't become a vampire no matter how hard I try. Is vampirism just bugged? Should I give up on my dream of being a necromancer?

BenLubar

• Bay Watcher
  • [BODY:HUMANOID_LEGLESS_6ARMS]
    • View Profile
Re: Vampirism Broken in the latest version?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 03:02:32 pm »

I've killed at least 5 vampires and drank all their blood and I still get hungry and can't see blood through walls.

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 04:35:12 pm »

Lower your disease resistance to minimum.

TheMaidenInBlack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 05:14:09 pm »

It was lowered to minimum

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 05:35:15 pm »

Not unless something happened in 40.10... it might be worth savescumming the next time you find one and experiment... maybe you've just had incredibly bad luck? I heard someone say you have to drink the blood from the ground now (as opposed to splatter on your sword or in containers) for whatever reason, but I can't confirm that.

TheMaidenInBlack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 05:58:26 pm »

Someone told me to drink water laced with vampire blood. I'll give it a try and report back if it doesn't work. Also, I always drink it from the ground. Unfortunately, the last vampire I killed apparently had no blood. Because I decapitated him and the ground and walls were clean

a smiling bearded cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOTHOUGHT][NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 09:10:33 pm »

If you kill a vampire and have one drink of its blood, yet nothing happens, none of its blood will be of any use. You'll just have to seek out the next one and try again. Just slash/hack the limbs to bleed it before killing it.

I don't think there's any way to improve the odds more than you've already done.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 10:30:54 am »

No no! I did science, and Solved this. Drop your water on the ground with some of the blood. This will create water laced with blood. Put this blood back into your waterskin, and drink.

You are now a vampire.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 01:01:42 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Deadeye238

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 12:34:04 pm »

No no! I did science, and Solved this. Drop your water on the ground with some of the blood. This will create water laced with blood. Put this blood back into your waterskin, and drink.

You are now a vampire.

He's correct, I tested this myself and it works. Also be very mindful of in what order you dump the water and blood on the ground, one will create blood laced with water, the other will be water laced with blood, you want the latter. You also can't scoop up the properly proportioned waterblood in a bad for use with other adventurers, has to be in a waterskin, which may limit just how much blood you can get.