Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What future society shall we employ till eternity dictates otherwise?

Thought Control, 2+2 = Miriam Godwinson
- 18 (38.3%)
Cybernetic, robo-crusaders have arrived.
- 18 (38.3%)
Eudaimonia, welcome to pleasantville.
- 11 (23.4%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Let's play SM Alpha Centauri - The Dark Decades  (Read 23410 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Let's play SM Alpha Centauri - Judgement Missile MKII Operational
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2014, 02:47:54 pm »

is the map you used available for download somewhere?
If I can find me a filesharing website I'll get them up.

You know what's fun about carriers?
They're also ballistic missile cruisers.
Rain fire and death upon our enemies. Blood for the Blood God!
I've been counting down the years till nanometallurgy is discovered. Still, it gives us time to build mag tubes to all the Pangean bases in time for the eventual takeover.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2014, 06:30:36 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The freshwater sea retreats into the trenches as Pangea herself begins to reclaim it all, coasts, straits and islands merging and blending into one another.

Thousands starve to death as droughts swell up in bursts across formerly rainy fields of green, formers everywhere begin planting condensers and forests over infrastructure built for a different world. Just as Believing backbone formers build mag tubes and try to squeeze more freshwater from the skies with condensers in an increasingly water-scare world, many of the Pangean factions are beginning to struggle to feed their burgeoning populations. Smallscale developments have also begun to destabilize the Morganite populations by building mines over their farms to starve the cities into disarray. Morgan seems to find the exchange of citizens for industry acceptable and the Believers are obliging them.
Land begins to constrict upon the receding waters, turning sea lanes into self-contained lakes of freshwater and narrow channels into the foundations of new hills.
The turmoil of the sea in such an unnatural state has also destroyed much of the coastal infrastructure on Planet. Whilst this is a serious matter that must be followed up with reparations, the Atlanteans have lost some regions of the monsoon jungle which they will never get back! Permanent damage has been dealt to their precious island, scars on Atlantis's surface.
New strips of lands connecting Pangea's various factions offer travel that's never been faster than now, with industrious backbone formers readily exploiting the most efficient paths at every instant.
Security from rogue navies has also increased somewhat drastically; if my own ships are accosted, the enemy is already lost.
A colony drop is already being prepared to colonize and investigate the volcano which appeared to the denizens of Planet overnight, its origins are clouded in mystery.
The University only further remove the monsoon jungle from their precious island with erratic sea levels.
The University also triggered planetwide fungal blooms by giving the Planet voice. However, as there is no ascent to transcendence Planet cannot be calmed. Damage so far is immense but reparable and the fungal tiles are still capable of operating as emergency food sources for some bases. There is a general lack of fungal towers so we have not reached an apocalyptic level of damage, this is merely a highly unusual international crisis. Missile production has also sped up with 34 Medicine Missiles MKII queued and 50 Judgement Missiles MKII ready from as early as 12 years and far away as 80 years. When the time comes I should not be in a want for missiles, this is by far the most ambitious attempt I've ever made at stockpiling weapons of planet destruction. In regards to their anti-missile defences, the University waste their defence satelites by destroying mine. Once the rest of his defences are spent trying to down fungus-ridden Medicine Missiles, Judgement Missiles laden with fusion warheads (or better yet, quantum or singularity warheads) will take out key bases and sink Atlantis.
Also something of note is that University Base, Zhakarov's HQ, only has 4000 people living in it. All of its descendant bases around it are harvesting all the resources it would need to grow larger.
Also do note, that rather humorously a singularity-warhead planet buster missile can fly itself right into the heart of the enemy's population centres and if you choose to destroy an improvement, you could have a case where this weapon of mass destruction mildly inconveniences the enemy's commute before crashing by damaging a road in a tiny poof.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2014, 03:34:39 pm »

...The Drones just surrendered. I did not see this coming.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2014, 04:28:20 pm »

Well crap.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2014, 07:15:07 pm »

drones surrendered to whom? You, I suppose?
In that case, isn't conquest of atlantis a few orders of magnitude easier, having a large beachhead and an awful lot of infantry to keep the cities until you can reinforce/feed them tech?

Still, it is odd.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2014, 08:11:26 pm »

Really?! Domai lost his spine or something? Or maybe he just sensed the impending doom and went with the side he thought was going to win. And as far as I know, Domai is quite safe from the Uni since they are supposed to be permanent pact-mates for the scenario rules. Definately an odd and unexpected turn of events.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2014, 02:44:35 am »

Generally, the AI will never surrender to the player. It's possible he surrendered to the University, making that faction even more powerful then it was.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2014, 06:21:53 am »

if drones surrendered to university, will university more eagerly share tech with them?

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2014, 03:59:25 pm »

On surrender, they become a full part of the University, and transfer all tech, bases, units and credits to their new overlords.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2014, 04:44:33 pm »

Wait full surrender is a thing? I don't remember ever seeing that in my time with SMAC/X. I thought he meant Domai vassalised himself to believers or uni.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2014, 05:06:44 pm »

I don't remember either... I though surrendering was merely becoming a vassal-like state. I guess we will have to wait until whisper posts next turn to know...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2014, 01:04:52 pm »

Every 10 years on the 6th year of each decade a vote takes place to lower solar shade (voting disrupted due to sunspot activity). The moment we launch planet busters we will no longer be able to use the planetary council, which means all flood-clearing will have to take place manually by former after the first judgement missiles fall.
In the second vote Domai voted yes whereas Zhakarov voted no. This was the first indication I could have seen that the Atlanteans were coming upon disagreements.
The message as it happened.
I wonder if my locusts had anything to do with influencing the Drone's sudden surrender after two centuries and a half at war. Psi units have also been tested to be rather effective, with both the dream twister and the neural amplifier under Believing control the Lord's Believers are masters at psi combat.
Rather fittingly Lab Three is being starved to death by overwhelming fungal blooms in addition to a few other unfortunate University bases.
The Atlantean magway. All University bases are connected, though there is a distinct lack of mag tubes in all Drone bases.
The Pangean magway. With the vast quantities of formers available for use the Believers have propelled Pangean infrastructure to such a phenomenal level in just a few years to the point where anyone can now leave Sparta Command in the far west and travel to Angelbase Alpha and the manifold nexus in the far east in the same year, whereas a journey on the same path by needlejet would take over 6 years. Currently the Spartans use the magway to send vast quantities of troops to overrun Morganite bases, soon I will likewise do the same to the Spartans and their bases.
Falling sea levels have revealed energy-rich islands up from the shelves of the northern sea.
After a few more decades of solar shade increases even the greatest of channels will be reduced to nothing, here the sizeable channel between Titan's arm and Titan's Leg has been reduced to the point where some of the Peacekeeper's seabases have been grounded.
Falling sea levels have made the Jerusalem heartlands entirely impervious to naval attacks by the Atlanteans. It has also made all ships still within Pangea itself rather useless.

Spoiler: Population (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Economy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Military analyses 2235 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Responses (click to show/hide)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play SM Alpha Centauri - Cheese eating surrender Drones
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2014, 05:04:22 pm »

Fucking hell...

Well, time to get the last planet killers ready?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2014, 08:49:03 pm »

Well, this is amazing, but I have never heard of SM Alpha Centauri, where could I get this game?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2014, 08:51:56 pm »

Well, this is amazing, but I have never heard of SM Alpha Centauri, where could I get this game?
GoG.com, for one.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5