Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What future society shall we employ till eternity dictates otherwise?

Thought Control, 2+2 = Miriam Godwinson
- 18 (38.3%)
Cybernetic, robo-crusaders have arrived.
- 18 (38.3%)
Eudaimonia, welcome to pleasantville.
- 11 (23.4%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Let's play SM Alpha Centauri - The Dark Decades  (Read 22866 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play SM Alpha Centauri - D-Day Atlantis 100 Years
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2014, 02:03:35 pm »

I voted to authorize all options, but that doesn't necessarily mean you have to.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2014, 04:26:14 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The battle for the Atlantic Sea is fully underway, the Believers have fielded their first corvette, the Peacekeepers have lost one of their destroyers to a UNIV destroyer, UNIV destroyers are paving the way for transports and interceptors and jets are meeting in battle from one continent to another for the first time. Probably the most disturbing thing about this intercepted landing ship is that it is carrying colony pods, meaning the University now have ambitions to begin settling on Pangea.
Free Drone Central; it's actually incredibly well developed, the only thing holding them back are their lack of hab complexes (just like the Spartans before them, this is stagnating their pop growth).
Believing research is best on Pangea, with 70% of all energy harvested being diverted to research. There are some minor setbacks, such as just now when a network node malfunction wiped out all research, but it's ethical and it's diligent work to be sure.
And the University research, which has nearly discovered everything.
Still, at least I won't be hopelessly outmatched, the Believing army can dissent. DEUS VULT!
Presumably the University wanted to settle in some of the areas still unclaimed in Eastern Pangea, though lands that remain unclaimed rapidly vanish under the developments of backbone formers and colony pods.
In a primitive mimicry of the initial planetdrop, colony pods are being airdropped from the skies to settle even the most remotest regions on Pangea. Soon, all of it shall be mine.
Also looking at the polls so far, we've got 1 for Militant Gandhi, 1 for Holiday Stalin, 2 for Future Genghis and 5 for Apocalypse Hitler. I reckon we can begin eliminating all factions one by one the moment we have mag tubes in every target base, at which point we can start nuclear war with impunity as we effectively gain the capabilities to seize an entire faction in a single year.

*EDIT
I should probably also mention that sometime I unlocked the thought control social engineering choice, and as the cloning vats removed all negative penalties to it I casually employed it on my entire Empire.
Living in the Believing Empire might still be great fun and full of Jesus, but chances are if you're living in it you're about to be replaced by a clone who obeys their talent overlord without question.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 05:40:41 pm by Loud Whispers »

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2014, 07:21:18 pm »

I just saw this and...wow. Consider my vote cast for Apocalypse Hitler, and let's get cracking on that invasion!

Quote from: Arnaud Amalric
Kill them all, God will know his own.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2014, 07:26:28 pm »

This is a wonderful dystopia to live in.  Also, I really love this LP.  How do you get these stats for the charts?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2014, 07:29:48 pm »

How can they resist, they have government programs beaming in subliminal messages directly to their heads constantly now.

Anyways the Uni will complete their tech tree in 10 years time, probably less I'd wager. But on the bright side, once that happens the techlead will only begin closing again, and at a reasonably good clip. The clock is rapidly ticking out on the Uni's Atlantean tech advantage. I'd say they got about 100 turns, give or take, of clear tech advantage before it becomes negligible and the believer juggernaught crushes them with sheer numbers.

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2014, 09:00:34 pm »

PTW

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2014, 04:10:05 am »

On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

true. Also, the island is called Atlantis. How could this LP end without Atlantis sinking below sea level due to a catastrophic event?

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2014, 07:14:05 am »

Oh man. Sigged, if you don't mind.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2014, 05:10:08 pm »

PTW, I need to get into Alpha Centauri sometime.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2014, 06:13:00 pm »

I took a good look at the chaos in the skies, trails of flame and noise careening into the oceans below. Orbital defence pods launched straight from the University's planetary elevator were destroying each hydroponics pod, each orbital power transmitter one by one. Hundreds were already dead in orbit, the outrage was already in full furor across the Believers land and this was all before the resulting famine killed thousands. I was certain that day that the University had condemned themselves to absolute destruction as the untold millions of warrior clones determined themselves to revenge. So great was their hatred that I did not see that their war efforts were beginning to reach a dark conclusion.
MP Biren Diptanshu, the end.

When Planet Busters go off they release immense amounts of heat off into the atmosphere, triggering global warming. From here on out the sea will be constantly drained until either the world is entirely covered in land and rivers or Pangea is sufficiently high above sea level that the side effects of singularity war will not sink it.
The Atlanteans do not like my current policy of ocean freezing.
Map for posterity, the first effects of solar shade are being felt as previously rain-blessed farms are becoming more arid and worthless, having to be replaced by hybrid farms.
A University transport was destroyed whilst it was carrying 16 various units, so far the highest casualty rate of a single military strike. This landing presumed it could land undetected, surprisingly enough it did manage to slip through the Believing patrols so I'll give them credit for making it that far. There were of course no survivors.

Worship god, else we will replace you.
Diana sipped the fermented kelp with relish, savouring the last tastes of the freshwater sea before it faded into history. Quietly reflecting upon how rude it might be to unceremoniously drink in Church, she figured God would forgive her after two centuries of loyal service. She looked around and noticed with greater eeriness just how many people were likely descended from her or her progeny, two centuries of generations and clones... Hers was a successful tree, it seemed. Yet when she looked at the faces of fervent worshipers in her youthful likeness, she saw alien eyes that never dreamed of Earth in all its poverty, but dreamed of what had been dictated for them from birth. It particularly disturbed her how willing they were to accept that the loss of the freshwater sea as anything but an ecological disaster as long as she was the one to say it, God didn't put beauty on Planet just to turn it into a desert. She let the hymn being sung calm her, it was all Zhakarov's doing, all this destruction reeking of his short-sighted clutches at every turn. He burned the skies, he razed the frontier, the Believers were going to finish his follies and end him for good. Now, Diana thought. Now she would lead her flock from all the four corners of Pangea until the Lord's watchers could be everywhere at once. She left, forgetting her kelpen brew in the pew.

This is a wonderful dystopia to live in.  Also, I really love this LP.  How do you get these stats for the charts?
A lot of the stats I get just from having infiltrator status in all the other factions thanks to being planetary governer for quite some time now. For commerce though I have to get all the old saves, make copies of them and enter editing mode to switch factions to get their annual commerce rating for that year.

How can they resist, they have government programs beaming in subliminal messages directly to their heads constantly now.
Anyways the Uni will complete their tech tree in 10 years time, probably less I'd wager. But on the bright side, once that happens the techlead will only begin closing again, and at a reasonably good clip. The clock is rapidly ticking out on the Uni's Atlantean tech advantage. I'd say they got about 100 turns, give or take, of clear tech advantage before it becomes negligible and the believer juggernaught crushes them with sheer numbers.
We'll see, I'm optimistic that victory will be achieved at acceptable costs.

Actually, LW, I hope you weren't expecting any other poll result.
true. Also, the island is called Atlantis. How could this LP end without Atlantis sinking below sea level due to a catastrophic event?

Militant Gandhi, conventional arms only and no atrocities committed against conquered bases.- 3 (12%)
Holiday Stalin, conventional arms only and organized starvation/relocation of conquered bases.- 2 (8%)
Future Genghis, biological and chemical weapons authorized, mass slaughter and destruction of conquered bases.- 2 (8%)
Apocalypse Hitler, weapons of planet destruction authorized, mass slaughter of every single faction that isn't a Believer.- 18 (72%)

See, this is why we don't run democracies, everyone just elects Apocalypse Hitler. The people have spoken decisively and the future is about to get grim. Get ready for Doomsday Atlantis.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Let's play SM Alpha Centauri - OP. Apocalypse Hitler
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2014, 11:55:58 am »

The Believers have constructed Planet's first planet buster, one using a fusion generator. So far it cannot reach Atlantis and its potency is limited by its fusion reactor, but a test on Pangea is not being ruled out.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2014, 11:59:22 am »

Oh man, about my second favorite 4x game.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2014, 12:04:35 pm »

is the map you used available for download somewhere?

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play SM Alpha Centauri - Judgement Missile MKII Operational
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2014, 01:15:16 pm »

You know what's fun about carriers?

They're also ballistic missile cruisers.

Rain fire and death upon our enemies. Blood for the Blood God!

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play SM Alpha Centauri - Judgement Missile MKII Operational
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2014, 02:11:49 pm »

Milk for the Khorne Flakes!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5