Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Tale of Reignterror, a Goblin Tower  (Read 2035 times)

Arrek

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarves are overrated. Magma is the new dwarves!
    • View Profile
The Tale of Reignterror, a Goblin Tower
« on: August 06, 2014, 06:00:51 pm »

Hello everyone here at the Bay12 forums! I am new to posting on the forums, but have looked at a variety of mods and stories off this place. I thought 'Hey, that might be fun to do!' so here I am. I bring you this glorious fortress, Reignterror , for all the story telling there can be.

For this story, we shall be focusing on the goblins. The mod currently being used is the 'All Races Playable' mod by Lovechild and the current graphics pack is none because ASCII leaves a lot to the imagination. Let's begin our tale of thievery, incest, and malice!
---------------

Amxu Kokstosbub, a lesser chieftain of the Dank Plagues, was sick and tired of seeing the same surroundings. He wanted to see other pathetic whelps under his rule, not him constantly licking the heels of his 'superiors'. He hated that word when he wasn't the one being referred to as such. The war with the fat and hairy stunty weaklings known as dwarves had him sent to his tower to 'protect' it, while those other unfit goblins go and fight in bloodbaths... Go to kill, to slaughter, to raze! And yet, here he was, not doing anything! No, he couldn't tolerate it. He would never tolerate such a fate. He was a chieftain, the best of the best! The strongest of them all! He would break off from the Dank Plagues. He would break off from the world! He would fight those dwarves, he would have underlings, he would kill all who dare think to defy him!
  Of course, he still needed some underlings to get something done at the fort. He saw a group of 6 lazy peasants who were doing absolutely nothing. They would be prime candidates as his slaves. Nobody would miss them... Absolutely nobody. Amxu took out his whip and proceeded to walk towards the group of peasants.
  "Oi! You lot of do-nothin's! I got a mission for all of ya!"
  One of the goblins stepped forward. "What do ya want, boss?"
  "You all follow me! We're gonna be goin' on a long trip to make the best metropolis of horror of all time!"
  A female goblin stepped out of line. "Oh yeah? Does it even have a name?" Amxu turned to face the unworthy peasant.
  "This place is gonna be called... Reignterror. And you are gonna experience that terror first-hand if ya don't shut up and get ta walking!" With a crack of his whip, he slapped the goblin across the face. He turned around and the peasants followed. This would be a long journey to the greatest goblin city there ever would be.

During their journey that would lead to the peasants' demise, a wagon wheel broke while crossing over a snow filled place. Amxu looked at the wagon and saw it was stuck on a rock. "'ey! Which of you lazy louts drove this thing into a rock!? Incompetent sods, all of ya... Trolls!" The three trolls Amxu had ordered to be brought along looked very slowly into the direction of his voice. "Lift this thing up! We gotta make camp 'ere for one of ye to repair it."
  All of the peasants stared at him with blank eyes. "Don't tell me none of ya can't fix it?" They all continued staring. "YOU'RE ALL USELESS! Fine, we'll just see what we can do here! Trolls, drop it!" They did as ordered, and Amxu looked into the wagon. He ordered 3 pickaxes to dig behind enemy lines and 2 axes to give 2 of those louts a fighting chance. That doesn't account for one of them, but that insubordinate buffoon would deserve to die easily...
  "Alright. We can do somethin' here. You three!" Amxu pointed in the direction three of the peasants were. "You all take some picks and mine out some pits! We need somewhere for you insufferable whelps to live... And you two! Get some axes! We need to chop down these trees to secure our position with palisades!"
  "What about me, 'ruler of us all'?" the same female goblin spoke out. She had the nerve to ask what she would be doing... Of course Amxu knew what she would be doing! Wiping his boot and feeding the trolls!
  "As for YOU, you might as well take those logs and put them back up! Or maybe, just to infuriate the elves and make me happy, turn that wood into tables or beds. I'm going to need a table so I can THROW YA OVER IT FOR YOUR INCOMPETENCY! Get to work, all of ya! We're gonna be here a while..."
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 11:19:28 pm by Arrek »

Arrek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Tale of Reignterror
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 02:17:41 pm »

And so we continue on Amxu's power trip! Note that in this mod, goblins have no need to eat or drink and cannot die of old age, much like they are in the unmodded Dwarf Fortress. They also cannot get steel without melting steel equipment, so the war with the dwarves will be tough for the first few invasions. Also, I had technical difficulties while making this, so some things may be off later. Anyways, back to baby snatching!
----------------

Amxu had prepared the basic designs for the temporary tower and the dark dwellings below it. There was something inside him that told him 'Maybe these maggots should get places to sleep... Maybe rooms to call their own.' While he thought that, he added in extra bedrooms. When he sent the plans to the newly-assigned miners, he instantly regretted the decision. He knew letting a peasant have a room was like giving them power over him. That would guarantee dissent and disloyal attitudes towards him! He couldn't allow that. But at the same time... It was too late.

Until that useless would-be carpenter fixes that wheel or makes another, they'd be stuck here. Of course, she's disobedient and likes questioning every order, apparently. She probably wouldn't make the wheel until Amxu dies. But it won't be him who dies first, no, it'll be HER! Amxu would see to that personally. In the meantime, Amxu decided that he might as well train with his whip. Any onlookers might be 'inspired' to keep working.

Shadow Of Fate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 02:37:48 pm »

This looks interesting. Normally I don't RP anymore, but seeing how this just started and all, can take my pick at a male miner? Call him Gob. Ideally, you could get me at least one of three traits if not a combination of them. Prioritize stats of agile, tires slowly, and strong in that order. I want to mine the crap out of EVERYTHING that ever had the NERVE to be ground.

Arrek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 07:17:32 pm »

Unfortunately, in the group of 7 goblins that came, only 2 were males. Also, all these goblins are weak, so strength may be an issue. But I will see what I can do, and if possible, Gob will be the greatest goblin warrior in the stone cold wars. Well, actually, just a miner, but you know what I mean. Anyways, back to hatred, tyranny, and the strangulation of children!
------------

With all the plans sent out to every goblin that he came with, Amxu began to relax and swing his whip around freely. He looked over to see the trolls he brought along move over to the start of the dark pits. They must be looking forward to the new home of theirs... It will give them plenty of rest before he whips them back into shape. They sometimes had to pull the wagon when the yak didn't, and he wouldn't want these trolls to get fat and lazy to the point where they can't push it.
  A few hours had passed and several trees were getting chopped down, as he ordered. Through the corner of his resting eye, he saw the unlikable female slob hauling a log over to her station. He let his eyes clamber shut to the soothing sounds and trees falling, rocks being struck by pickaxes, and the confused grunts of trolls. It was just like home, in a way. Remarkably less screams and prisoners, but just like home, in a way. The fact that no slaves were crying put him off a bit and made him even a bit nervous to be so away from his safe home, but he couldn't think of that right now. Maybe some slaves will freely walk up to this domain and he could instead use them as cannon fodder instead of his goblin accomplices.
  The ugly carpenter wench returned, but with something most peculiar. He opened his eyes to see clearly what she was carrying, and he saw a round object. He got his hopes up in order to get up and see this object. It was more than likely the wheel he needed! That useless woman might not have been as worthless as he thought! Finally, he could get back to his conquest mission. Those dwarves wouldn't even know what was coming...

"Oh, boss! I fink I did it!" She brought forth the wheel that he ha- That wasn't a wheel.
  "... What is that?"
  "It's a wheel... I think... Is it too small?" This goblin. Was the most. Incompetent. MOST IDIOTIC.
  "Excuse me, BUT DOES THAT LOOK LIKE A WHEEL? WHY DOES IT HAVE A HANDLE?!" It looked more like a shield rather than a wheel!
  "Well I just thought tha-" Amxu slapped the stupid goblin across the face yet again. This was the second time he had to smack a goblin in order to get something done, and frankly, he kind of enjoyed it.
  "GET BACK TO WORK! In fact, no, I'll look at the others who are workin'!" She was still holding the makeshift shield shamefully. "And give me that!" He grabbed the 'wheel' from her and firmly grasped it in the hand that wasn't going to carry his whip. He then stomped away, still having a fit of rage at the other goblin's incompetency. There's a reason why he was the leader here! He looked towards the entrance of the pits.
  He walked down the hallway, still seeing plenty of rock that needed to be mined out. Some rock was already worked on, but abandoned by the miner at work. 'Lazy, no-good, should-be-bearded freaks! No wonder nobody ever gave you a spot in the goblin society...' He then saw through the darkness a miner wielding a pick. He looked at the miner with fury in his eyes. Clearly, these miners were descendants of dwarves, not the great goblin kind. "You there!"
  "What boss? Can't ya see I'm busy DESTROYING stuff 'ere?" Destroying? There was no destruction here. There was only mined rock.
  "Ya imbecile! Look 'ere! Ya missed this spot right 'ere. In fact, ya started, but ya never finished!" He felt the need to placed a firm grip upon his whip.
  "Oh no boss, I wouldn't do that. I never leave rocks like that standing. YOU 'EAR THAT, YOU STOOPED ROCKS?! I'LL GET YA! ALL OF YA!" Amxu was slightly concerned over the goblins he had taken for the journey, but the worthless society of peasants really does harbor strange individuals.
  "Well... Uh... So I can yell at ya if I need... Uh... Rocks... Destroyed, what do people call ya?"
  "I'm Gob."

"Alright, well, Gob. Ya can go... Kill those rocks?" Gob saluted rather stupidly.
  "Got it, boss!" And off Gob went to join the other miners who Amxu would have to remember to flog later.

Shadow Of Fate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 12:53:40 pm »

Unfortunately, in the group of 7 goblins that came, only 2 were males. Also, all these goblins are weak, so strength may be an issue. But I will see what I can do, and if possible, Gob will be the greatest goblin warrior in the stone cold wars. Well, actually, just a miner, but you know what I mean. Anyways, back to hatred, tyranny, and the strangulation of children!

Oh that's fine. I just wanted a priority of them. If they are weak, then preferably make him agile and/or slow to tire. Or something if not possible. It's just a preference, really. By the way, you nailed his personality. I suppose it was fairly obvious, but still good job.

Spoiler: Gob and stuff... (click to show/hide)

Arrek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 04:37:41 pm »

My oh my, goblins are quite strange. Especially because I normally have plenty of farms up and about, or because I would try getting a well up, but goblins don't need that! They must be fueled by HATRED... Pretty good fuel source, I will have to research how to make a dwarf fueled entirely by hatred. Should be good! Back to menaces, interrogations, and torture!
-----------------
  Amxu kept training with his whip every day, making the other goblins who witnessed his obvious skill get back to work. His muscles were probably very impressive compared to the other goblins. After all, he was the big leader here. Though... While he was the obvious leader here, as was his birthright, he couldn't help but feel like sometimes he was lonely. There was something inside him that made him try and talk to the other goblins, discover who they were and what hardships they went through! He already talked to one of the goblins, and he felt as though that mattered to him.

He, however, had the will to push these weak thoughts aside. He was supposed to be a feared ruler! He was meant to have an iron fist rivaling that of the great master! Then maybe... Just maybe... The goblins could be their own people.

Amxu was patrolling around the areas being mined, looking for the acquaintance he made. Unfortunately, only those other two maggots were there, looking as though they were slacking off. "YOU LOT! GET BACK TO WORK!" he shouted with the crack of his whip. They quickly got to working, and at quite a fast pace as well. He turned around and tried looking in every dug out room. Surprisingly, a little less than half of them were finished.
  He looked into one room and saw Gob mining away at rocks. Amxu stepped straight into that room like he owned the place. Mostly because he did. He looked towards Gob and said "Gob! Why are ya not workin' with those slackers?" Gob looked like he didn't even notice him. "GOB! Are ya even LISTENIN'?"
  Gob let down his pick once more before turning around. "Oh! Boss. Gob- I didn't see ya there. What ya want, boss?"
  "I said 'Why aren't ya workin' with those other slackers?' I swears... These goblins an' their ears. They must not be workin' half the time..." Gob straightened out, but still shifted his eyes towards the rocks.
  "They not work good. They very lazy. I'm not." In Amxu's mind, that made some sense. He hated slackers too!
  "Well uh... Keep up the good work, then." Amxu then backed out of the room while Gob went back to smashing the rocks. He wasn't really even mining them so much as slaughtering them. 'Rocks must remind him of dwarves or somethin'.'
  Suddenly, that insufferable wench came to him while he was backing out and said to his face, "THE NEW SEASON IS 'ERE!" to which he replied with a punch to the nose. He was not scared at that moment. At all.

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 08:33:35 pm »

Posting to watch. Everything about this story is superb. Oh, by the way, can you..uh, goblin me in the next migrant wave? I don't care who I get, long as he's male, and called "Extom".
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 08:35:55 pm by snackfox »

Arrek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 08:47:03 pm »

Posting to watch. Everything about this story is superb. Oh, by the way, can you..uh, goblin me in the next migrant wave? I don't care who I get, long as he's male, and called "Extom".

Alrighty. I'll see what I can do. However, males in goblin society seem to be pretty rare, or at least in the Dank Plagues. Oh, and I have a surprise in store for the next migrant wave. For !!FUN!!zies.

Arrek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Tale of Reignterror, a Goblin Tower
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 12:32:57 am »

With a changed title to make this thread stand out more, I bring to you the next leg in our epic journey of slaughter, wrath, and cats! Or rather, lack thereof. Thank Armok! our lord and savior, the one and only demon master!
---------------------
  Amxu noticed a bit of commotion off in the distance as everyone was off, doing good work for his good. It was obviously nothing serious, like really short figures with extremely huge weapons to compensate. After all, that would be the death of his goblins, as they had nothing to utter decimate and decapitate them with. Picks aren't real weapons, after all. As he started to stare into the distance, however, he saw things reminiscent of wagons. 'That's strange,' he thought.

As the figures got ever closer, he saw that they truly were wagons. "'Ey! Over 'ere!" The wagons appeared to notice and started to steer towards him. He then saw what was guiding the wagons, and was rather pleased. The Dank Plagues was still sending caravans to fight the good fight. The caravan master, it seemed, hailed him.
  "'ello dere! We'z just deliverin' weapons to de fightaz!"
  From his accent, he could tell he was from the northern part of the Dank Plagues. It was kind of annoying to him. "We could use those weapons of yours, should ya not need them." A little diplomacy could land Amxu and his fellow gobli- SLAVES a good spot in the 'dwarf decapitating' business, one of which he always wished to partake in.
  "Well I dun see why not! Afta all, we'z picked up too manay, I fink. Jus' point us in da right way!" Amxu pointed them off in the right direction in hopes that he seriously would not have to hear this trader ever again. "Also, we'z gunna needs a trada. I 'sumes you is?"
  "No! No, not at all, no! We... We uh... 'ave a great trader!" He noticed that witch walking out of the tunnel. "And 'ere she comes to greet us! Go trade with 'er!" He then hurried away, hoping that she would negotiate some form of acceptable trade, though the chances of that were slightly higher than zero in his mind.

Later, the caravan left, saying "We got'z ta tell de otha'z 'bout dis place," and to Amxu, it was good riddance. If there was anything he hated more than dwarves, it would be a northerner's accent... He then remembered the 'chief trader' he assigned and went to go check what she traded away. Thankfully, she was where he expected: In the mess hall, talking with the other females.
  "'EY! YOU! THE TRADER!" If he were a northerner, he'd sound like he was saying traitor. The wench let off an annoyed sigh. AN ANNOYED SIGH. She had the nerve to act ANNOYED when he was the one getting angry!?
  "Whaddaya want, boss?"
  "I wanna know what ya traded away an' what we got from it." She placed a finger on her chin before remembering. She was obviously pretty slow, as expected.
  "Well, I thought, 'ey, this bed 'ere looks nice! I'll trade it an' get somethin' good! Oh, and I took all our meat an' fish. An' I fink I took somethin' else like a chair or somethin' but eh."
  "Please don't tell me ya got shoes or socks..." She looked offended for some reason. That stuff was common for women and dwarves, right?
  "No! I gots us a big bar of iron!" There was a silence following her statement.

Gob was calm, soothed by the sweet sound of ROCK CARNAGE. It was a sound he could listen to all day. It would have been the sound he would listen to all day if not for something really unexpected. Somehow, from where he stood in the mining area, he heard something quite clear. "You traded all of that, FOR WHAT?!" Gob had to look around to try and find the source of the noise, but couldn't find it. He just shrugged and went back to the utter wreckage of all the rocks. NOT SO TOUGH, ARE THEY?!?

In the following few days, Amxu would be angrily swinging his whip around. He simply did not and would not appreciate what that dumb woman did for as long as he lived. All was not well in his mind just because of that. With a final crack of his whip, a worried looking goblin appeared behind him. "Um... Bo-"
  He turned around and yelled out loud. "WHAT?!?" He then noticed it was Gob. "Oh. Gob. Didn't see ya there." There was an awkward silence. "So uh... You came to me?"
  "Yeah, we did it." Well now that was cryptic.
  "Did what?"

"We mined what you wanted. Anything else you need, boss?" Well now Amxu turned from frustrated to impressed. Those slackers pulled through! No doubt Gob had a major role in completing the underside of his great tower!
  "Good work, Gob." That felt weird to say. Why did he say that? "Tell ya what, when I need more stuff mined, ya'll be the first to know. For now, I need ya to send a message to everyone."
  "What's the message?"
  "Get to hauling. All of ya. Well... Except for you, Gob. You get to mine at first notice, and hauling can't distract you from that, right?" In reality, Amxu felt something that told him not to make Gob do so much work. After all, hauling doesn't seem like something he would enjoy. Wait, why would he care about what an underling enjoys? He's the feared ruler of this great tower! He rules all this land with an iron fist! He opened his mouth to make amends for what he did wrong, but Gob already left with the orders. With his mouth open, he shut it with a grunt of frustration.
  He snapped back to training himself. He swung his whip around in a fancy away and caught sight of something most peculiar. A group of silhouettes was coming over the hill.

Shadow Of Fate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 11:50:53 am »

So I'm flimsy, unquestionably Weak, and totally clumsy? Man. And being quite susceptible to disease on top of that? Oh my. And there's absolutely no trait I asked for to balance it out? Lol. I don't know exactly if there could be a worse match for the role I put him in. Maybe I shouldn't have asked for a male. Aw well. Then again, it's not so bad. In some ways, it's more charming that the reality is Gob is a fragile and pathetic weakling when he thinks of himself as a badass ground destroyer. Kind of fits his character.

I also am amused that they are friends and so quickly. I didn't realize Goblins made friends. Goblins are so silly.

Arrek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 02:58:59 pm »

So I'm flimsy, unquestionably Weak, and totally clumsy? Man. And being quite susceptible to disease on top of that? Oh my. And there's absolutely no trait I asked for to balance it out? Lol. I don't know exactly if there could be a worse match for the role I put him in. Maybe I shouldn't have asked for a male. Aw well. Then again, it's not so bad. In some ways, it's more charming that the reality is Gob is a fragile and pathetic weakling when he thinks of himself as a badass ground destroyer. Kind of fits his character.

I also am amused that they are friends and so quickly. I didn't realize Goblins made friends. Goblins are so silly.

No, Amxu is the one who is flimsy and unquestionably weak. He thinks friendship is important, and yes, I am very surprised of how quickly goblins make friends. The wretched woman already has like 3 friends out of the 7 there. It's crazy!

In other news, I may not be able to post due to the fact that I am going on a trip. I may or may not try to post one last post before I go, but it really depends on the time I have. Do note that I will be stockpiling photos and stories of the goblin tower in the trip so I can provide a lengthy addition to this story upon my return.

Shadow Of Fate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 06:40:05 pm »

No, Amxu is the one who is flimsy and unquestionably weak. He thinks friendship is important, and yes, I am very surprised of how quickly goblins make friends. The wretched woman already has like 3 friends out of the 7 there. It's crazy!

Oh. I see then. I misunderstood. So Amxu is unquestionably weak and thrashing that whip around? Lol. At least he won't hurt anyone when he punishes them. By the way, could you post Gob's info. at some point?

Arrek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 01:21:56 am »

I am back from my trip, and I bring with myself a new part to this story! This time, it will be featuring those mysterious goblins you saw in the last picture. But enough of this, let's get right into the massacring of puppies!
------------------
  Amxu tried to focus upon those silhouettes and found they were getting closer. They might just be dwarves with how short they are... Still, raising an alarm would make every one of those slobs stop working. He would have to deal with those petty snot-sized yak children himself. He turned to face the rising horde of potential enemies. Finally, the wave stopped and he counted eight of the silhouettes. Eight dwarves wouldn't be so bad. It might just make him a high chief in socie- Wait. He was the ruler of this place! Of course he was better than high chief! Why kill the dwarves immediately when he can intimidate them into leaving!
  But then, as the sun rose over the horizon, he saw the dwarves for what they really were. In fact, they were worse than dwarves. Dwarves bring entertainment, but this was a group of goblins. He wasn't sure what they would want, but it wouldn't be anything he'd like to hear. His own kinsmen have NOTHING he likes to hear. They're all annoying, that's what they all are! Yes, every single one of them were more or less an enemy to his ascension of power. Then finally they'd have to listen to him, and he would teach them sense, and he would make sure they wouldn't just mill about doing nothing but bickering! They could fight as a whole, a unified force, fighting in full-
  His thought was cut short by the scratchy voice of a goblin. "'ey you! You's know where the uh... This 'Amxu' goblin is?"
  "Of course I do! I'm Amxu!" The goblin then shoved a letter in his face. "OI! THAT'S MIGHTY DISRESPE- what's this?" Amxu grabbed at the paper and unraveled it to read it.
  'Amxu Assaulthated, a rather disliked chieftain, has gone missing. When you find him, bring him back. We need him for fodder. Signed, the council of Incestburned.' Amxu looked up at the goblin.
  Incestburned was where he began this little trek out into the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE. He was meant to be fighting dwarves and becoming the greatest goblin to have ever ruled the world, but now he's digging holes in the ground! Just like the bearded menace...
  "You know what? You lot, right here." He waved his hand over the 8 goblins. "Who's this guy right here?" He pointed to the goblin who gave him the note.
  One of the females in the back stated "That there is Extom! 'e's real smart an' 'e helped us get 'ere and 'e said we'd get part of the cash reward!" Cash reward?
  "What's cash?"
  "Some plant or somethin', I dunno! It sounds cool, though." So the homeland was offering a plant essentially for his head. He was getting used to the life as leader, but with an offer like that...
  "Alright, here's what's gonna happen here... You lot are gonna get workin' around here." Apparently, this 'Extom' goblin had a problem with his choice.
  "We came 'ere to get you, and 'ere you is, telling us to WORK?!"  Amxu crossed his arms with his whip in hand. He made sure every goblin saw it.
  "Is that a problem, Mr. Extom?" Extom was looking fearfully at the whip. He looked towards the back of the group of goblins and saw them quivering in fear as well. "I suppose not. All of ya, find the meeting hall and stay there till I'm done trainin'. Then I'll sort ya out and get ya doin' stuff ya-" He had to stop himself from saying 'like'. That would make him look benevolent... The exact OPPOSITE of a goblin ruler of massive proportions! "Stuff ya are good at."
  All the goblins filed away after their former leader into the dark lair of which Amxu will rule from. This will only be the beginning of his reign... Soon, the WORLD will be at his mercy! Of course, if he hurt the world, there would be nothing to rule so he'd let it be, BUT THAT WOULD BE THE ONLY REASON.

Soon enough, all the goblins were in the meeting hall. When Amxu placed two hands down on the table, every goblin in the room turned toward him. Even one that wasn't supposed to be there. "You! Vile woman, out! None of this will ever concern a peasant like you!" After her departure, Amxu got down to business. "So, just what are you all good at?"
  Extom came forth first. "I used to be one of them... Artisans from where I was." How anything that could require so much patience and time be utilized by such a slow goblin, Amxu would never know.
  "Great. You craft things. NOW GET OUT! NEXT!" The goblin stopped for a moment and stared at Amxu for a short moment. Then something must have sparked in his empty head because he made a sound like 'oh' and left. A woman stepped up to the table. Not too bad looking either...
  "I neva did anyting back where I wus frum. I neva got gud at nuffin..." So this was an extremely lazy peasant, just like the ones he came with. "Ooh, but I can hit stuff wiff sticks pwetty gud!" So she's got military expertise... Amxu found the perfect sparring partner.
  "I think there may or may not be a spot next to the military commander here just for ya."
  "Oh! Dat sounds grea- Who dat?" It figures the one attractive wench was one he could actually be close to, and it just so happened  she was dumber than a sack of troll fur.
  "Just get outside and pick up a stick or somethin'. NEXT!"

Amxu repeated the process multiple times, listening to these wretched fools. As it happened, he made a mental list of the males and females and their professions. It may or may not have included some of his rather brutal mental notes:
'Males: Extom the craftsgoblin
Females: 2 tanners (FILTHY SCRUBBERS OF HIDES, HA! The lowest kind of peasant, if I've ever seen one!), 1 stoneworker, 1 cook (Never once have I seen a fellow kinsman eat... WHAT IS THE POINT?!?! STUPID IGNORANT SLOBS AND THEIR FOOD.), 1 trapper, 1 hunter, 1 (kinda cute) macegoblin'
  It was at this point Amxu realized there were only three males at this site. "I had not exactly planned for there to be so many wenches..." By not exactly, he meant that he didn't plan at all. He just thought that since, back in Incestburned, male majority and male superiority reigned, as it always should, there would be less women around. Now that he had more goblins to take charge of, he would have to actually plan out something resembling a tower! No longer was his dream of being supreme ruler just a far off fantasy he often thought as being a real possibility. Now it was a real possibility. All he had to do was plan!
  Amxu rushed over to his office, where he kept plenty of paper, quills, and ink. He made sure to bring some along so he could write about his epic victory against the dwarves! He pulled out said materials and put them down upon his desk. He dipped his quill in ink and put the quill to the paper. Now... How exactly does writing work?

Shadow Of Fate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 05:11:03 am »

I see you are back. Hope you had a good vacation. I believe I left a request for Gob's bio around the day you left. I was just curious, but could you find that when you get the chance?